Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

Thx thepromisedland thepromisedland
I kinda knew that but I was trying to figure out what makes them so awesome for use which you explained with the human rocket launcher comment :lol:

@Gabe
While your untitled to your opinion I think me and most of the other warlocks here will have to disagree. It's one of the best exotics to have if you run sun singer on your warlock. Turns you into a nade spamming monster making mobs extremely easy to handle as well as making you a dps monster. And combined with the song of flame you whole team can spam nades as well.

It also reduces the cooldown of all perks, so your scorch melee is always available too so you can have your fire armor on as well. HoPF and Voidfang Vestments are my 2 favorite chest pieces (Voidfang for PvP though).
I haven't noticed this. When I pop Radiance with HoPF, I can only use Scorch 2-3 times before Radiance ends. 

It also reduces the cooldown of all perks, so your scorch melee is always available too so you can have your fire armor on as well. HoPF and Voidfang Vestments are my 2 favorite chest pieces (Voidfang for PvP though).

If you use song of flame and your fire team is around you then you all can chuck grenades faster. It's not a bad chest piece. The only negative is that as a sunsinger you sort of save your super for an oh **** moment when you die and need a resurrection more than anything else.

I haven't noticed this. When I pop Radiance with HoPF, I can only use Scorch 2-3 times before Radiance ends. 
If you use song of flame and your fire team is around you then you all can chuck grenades faster. It's not a bad chest piece. The only negative is that as a sunsinger you sort of save your super for an oh **** moment when you die and need a resurrection more than anything else.
I actually stopped using Fire Born all the time for this very reason. It becomes a useless perk and most of the time if everyone has died in raid then it is a wipe anyways and we aren't using it....unless dudes are doing the revive cheese or something
laugh.gif

I opted to start using the perk with the super to reduce incoming damage done to you. In PvP and PvE it really helps, along with the Fire Armor, you can become a little tank.

The thing about the Sunsinger class is that you are supposed to be within relatively close range with that subclass imo. It does no good to be at long range with this setup. If you are close you should be able to get off a couple melee kills and some grenades as well. Activate the super, throw some grenades at people, and get up in their **** . I have also started using the middle grenade more since that one can hit more than one person.

Voidwalker is more "ranged" with the Nova Bomb and axiom bolt and stuff.

Only if you scurred. If you live on the edge like the other master classes, you pop that all day without saving it.
SCURRED SUNSINGERS. 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Says the person who runs around entire crucible matches me even raids/strikes without ever popping their super :lol:

Last edited:
 I actually stopped using Fire Born all the time for this very reason. It becomes a useless perk and most of the time if everyone has died in raid then it is a wipe anyways and we aren't using it....unless dudes are doing the revive cheese or something
laugh.gif

I opted to start using the perk with the super to reduce incoming damage done to you. In PvP and PvE it really helps, along with the Fire Armor, you can become a little tank.

The thing about the Sunsinger class is that you are supposed to be within relatively close range with that subclass imo. It does no good to be at long range with this setup. If you are close you should be able to get off a couple melee kills and some grenades as well. Activate the super, throw some grenades at people, and get up in their **** . I have also started using the middle grenade more since that one can hit more than one person.

Voidwalker is more "ranged" with the Nova Bomb and axiom bolt and stuff.
THIS is a real Warlock who has embraced the true power of the sun. 

No Fear.

Says the person who runs around entire crucible matches me even raids/strikes without ever popping their super
laugh.gif
There's a higher tier of master class. The one where you don't depend on supers.

I literally forget all the time.
roll.gif

I only use the Voidwalker class in Crucible when I have the multikill  and super kill bonuties. They need to make the Sunsinger kill while it is active count as kills for this damn bounty already
mad.gif

I only use the Voidwalker class in Crucible when I have the multikill  and super kill bonuties. They need to make the Sunsinger kill while it is active count as kills for this damn bounty already >:

Void walker is so much more fun to run than sunsinger.

I only use the Voidwalker class in Crucible when I have the multikill  and super kill bonuties. They need to make the Sunsinger kill while it is active count as kills for this damn bounty already
mad.gif
Brother. You must learn the ways of the Biggie Bomb.

Oh I never said I like Sunsinger more than Voidwalker. I just feel like I live longer using Sunsinger than voidwalker. Which is probably true with the fire armor and fusion grenades
laugh.gif

Blink + shotty to the face though
nthat.gif

Hitting that long range Nova Bomb taking out 3+ people on their team trying to take over a point
nthat.gif

Void walker is so much more fun to run than sunsinger.

Completely agree.

But like wright said when I run sun singer I generally don't save it for revive as its really not needed in raids (especially hard mode crota since the over soul is comming whether you res or not). If it's not a nightfall I'll just swap to radient skin to help the rest of the squad.

Void walker is the better class imo but sun singer can be just as effective if used wisely

Xur is kinda weak this week. I may buy a hunter helmet from him since I need to get my hunter to a 32 and it seems harder to get a helmet than any other gear from crota.

Still need to do crota normal again to be done with that raid for the week.... still haven't touched VoG unfortunately.

Nightfall burned me real good.... 10 ascendant energies FTL
mean.gif
Gamer dot gave me the VoG gorgons maze checkpoint, so next time im online i'll invite you so you can get that chest.

Pfft, hunters aren't master class. They are really only useful for Crota. And even for that they can be substituted it :lol:

Titans all day every day!

Welp, gonna buy that Praxic for my Warlock alt for whenever I feel like leveling him up. Sold.

Last edited:
@FreshPairs I am ready to take notes professor. bigj505 bigj505 i am now lazy to do the HAG :lol:. zero23 zero23 master race :smokin
:lol: I don't have the patience. I just sit back and listen to my team go pow pow for a few minutes.

Xur is kinda weak this week. I may buy a hunter helmet from him since I need to get my hunter to a 32 and it seems harder to get a helmet than any other gear from crota.

Still need to do crota normal again to be done with that raid for the week.... still haven't touched VoG unfortunately.

Nightfall burned me real good.... 10 ascendant energies FTL :smh:

Gamer dot gave me the VoG gorgons maze checkpoint, so next time im online i'll invite you so you can get that chest.

Would appreciate that so much. Gotta get jjwatson on with us again. :pimp:

I told you Hunters were made to just tear up stuff in PvP. That is where they shine. They are the only class with supers that are not just "burst damage" of an area. They can aim the golden gun for like 7 seconds or something or run around with blade dancer from one side of the map to the other and regen health as they do it. Then they have the armor piece to reduce the cost of using abilities while it is active to they get more attacks in with it. And they have blink strikes and can go invisible.

Just wait until the Inferno playlist comes out. It is going to be nothing but invisible hunters in corners with shotguns on those maps.
mean.gif

I told you Hunters were made to just tear up stuff in PvP. That is where they shine. They are the only class with supers that are not just "burst damage" of an area. They can aim the golden gun for like 7 seconds or something or run around with blade dancer from one side of the map to the other and regen health as they do it. Then they have the armor piece to reduce the cost of using abilities while it is active to they get more attacks in with it. And they have blink strikes and can go invisible.

Just wait until the Inferno playlist comes out. It is going to be nothing but invisible hunters in corners with shotguns on those maps. :smh:

The positive is that the range nerf affects a hunters golden gun as well in crucible so no more getting 1 shot across the map. And if that's the case wright I'm going to avoid it at all costs

I thought the warlock is the super class because of its complete package.

You can res
Grenades are the best
Can create tons of orbs for friends
Don't have to have up close battles

Back
Top Bottom