Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

i'm so upset. didn't realize IB armor, class items, etc., added reputation until just now
mean.gif
I don't think using IB armor matters, but I know wearing the class item, shader, and emblem do add to the amount you gain per win and bounty turn ins.

Honestly the auto rifles in general weren't that overpowered, the main culprit was the Suros.

Even before any AR nerfs if you faced a team of equally skilled opponents using any of the exotic handcannons you'd lose if you used an AR other than the Suros.

Now you'd have to be crazy to use any AR against a team using exotic handcannons.

Keep the Suros the way it is now, re-buff all ARs back to their previous state. The state of ARs before the damage nerf was pretty much ideal.

An entire weapon class is being rendered useless because one specific gun, an exotic even, was overpowered.
The only ones that were worth using to me were the higher impact ARs. Like the Shadow Price, Vanquisher, and possibly the Grim Citizen. You are right though about the Suros single-handedly causing the entire group of ARs to get nerfed.

The thing is....it was their own damn fault! They made the bounty that you had to get 20 AR headshots in IB and it never changed every single IB tournament when it came around. Then they complained that everyone used ARs....no **** we are, it is a bounty!
laugh.gif

All they had to do was like they did now, where you get 20 headshots with a primary weapon, or every IB, just change which primary weapon it is that time. Then you would have seen people using other weapons at least to knock out the bounties every day.

Some reason I always have an issue with that headshot bounty in IB, Vex head shots never count towards it for me

Also didn't realize the reset was later today I been neglecting my hunter smh

Last edited:
Some reason I always have an issue with that headshot bounty in IB, Vex head shots never count towards it for me

Also didn't realize the reset was later today I been neglecting my hunter smh

Vex is a fusion rifle so yes it doesn't count. It does count as kills with a fusion though. Use your favorite exotic hand cannon it get through that bounty quickly.

Last edited:
I don't think using IB armor matters, but I know wearing the class item, shader, and emblem do add to the amount you gain per win and bounty turn ins.

The only ones that were worth using to me were the higher impact ARs. Like the Shadow Price, Vanquisher, and possibly the Grim Citizen. You are right though about the Suros single-handedly causing the entire group of ARs to get nerfed.

The thing is....it was their own damn fault! They made the bounty that you had to get 20 AR headshots in IB and it never changed every single IB tournament when it came around. Then they complained that everyone used ARs....no **** we are, it is a bounty! :lol:

All they had to do was like they did now, where you get 20 headshots with a primary weapon, or every IB, just change which primary weapon it is that time. Then you would have seen people using other weapons at least to knock out the bounties every day.

IDK why this happens, but its mentioned all the time.. why do people always associate AR usage with that IB bounty? Theres no correlation. Yes, since the bounty was for AR headshots people would use it to knock out the bounty.. but once its done you switch back to your regular primary, so there's no connection. Furthermore, IB is a once a month event, another reason why the AR connection to that bounty doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes, the Suros is the best AR in its class, hence being exotic. But as previously mentioned, the other high impact ARs can give the Suros a run for its money. A maxed Vanquisher, or Shadow Price with the right perks can outclass a fully leveled Suros. So, the Suros isn't totally at fault.

IDK why this happens, but its mentioned all the time.. why do people always associate AR usage with that IB bounty? Theres no correlation. Yes, since the bounty was for AR headshots people would use it to knock out the bounty.. but once its done you switch back to your regular primary, so there's no connection. Furthermore, IB is a once a month event, another reason why the AR connection to that bounty doesn't make much sense to me.

Yes, the Suros is the best AR in its class, hence being exotic. But as previously mentioned, the other high impact ARs can give the Suros a run for its money. A maxed Vanquisher, or Shadow Price with the right perks can outclass a fully leveled Suros. So, the Suros isn't totally at fault.
I believe it was on one of their releases about how it was heavily used in certain game modes in the game. Yes, they can switch out once they finished, but you have to remember that not everyone starts playing the same as the next, so you potentially could/would always come across people in each game that were in the middle of finishing that bounty and using ARs. I was an AR user and lover and used them in Crucible, but I don't really think I was using it that much in PvE. Back then though, a lot more people probably were more comfortable with them than anything else and it is easy to shoot with than something else, so I can see why it was the go to.

Either this new crucible is too easy or I'm better than i thought. Or all the good people are playing Iron Banner and the trash leftovers are doing regular crucible. Probably the latter.

Either this new crucible is too easy or I'm better than i thought. Or all the good people are playing Iron Banner and the trash leftovers are doing regular crucible. Probably the latter.

The latter as everyone is trying to get the last few rep to hit whatever rank they're aiming for.

What chu mean? I just saw you catch a 6k+ loss :smh:

All those ARs were great substitutes for not having Suros. You could still rack up consistent kills like you said with the good rolls.

But the Suros was the main culprit for the AR nerf I heard it received a 16% nerf vs only 2% for all other ARs Look at its perks maxed stability , great range high impact , glass half full and a chance to regain health aljust by doing damage and focused fire

Last edited:
So i looked on destinytracker to see my rating. Then I thought I'd pull up blaz3n blaz3n just to see the top dog's.... :\ I shouldn't of done that tomyself

Hit 5 today :smile:

Bought everything pretty much except for the armor

I think I got good rolls

TImurs - Outlaw, Perfect Balance, Snapshot, Explosive Rounds, Crowd Control

Spear (VOID) - Unfliching, Lightweight, Armor Piercing, Skip ROunds, Final Round

Last edited:
Hit 5 today :smile:

I think I got good rolls

Spear (VOID) - Unfliching, Lightweight, Armor Piercing, Skip ROunds, Final Round

You want Snapshot in the place where you have lightweight and if you don't have an ambush scope then it's not doing it either. Sorry bro but those 2 are very important for crucible.

Hit 5 today
smile.gif

I think I got good rolls

You want Snapshot in the place where you have lightweight and if you don't have an ambush scope then it's not doing it either. Sorry bro but those 2 are very important for crucible.
Noted. Ill keep that in mind for the next IB

I went back to check and I did end up with the ambush scope.

I'm within 1000 of finally ranking to level 5 in iron banner for the first time ever. The grind was real but I feel like I just beat silent hill 2 right now :lol:

Back
Top Bottom