Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I'mma be on for sure tonight. Been trying to get on since Thursday. :smh:

I don't doubt that.. I laughed because I'm trying to clear 4 HM's then do IB, but at 10pm is going to be a late night :lol:

Getting close to finishing my HoW preparation. I'm edging all factions to ~10 rep away from the next rank so I can immediately rank up after downloading the expansion and hopefully get some new gear. I'll try to edge my main faction on each class one or two days before the release.
Also gotta make sure all my characters have 10 5000xp completed bounties so I can immediately level any new guns or gear I get.
The grind is real :pimp:

Warlock (finished)
View media item 1517986
Titan only needs Dead Orbit edging, about 2000 more rep.
Hunter only needs FWC, about 1000 rep.

If you wanna prepare extra hard and maximize your potential on the first day HoW releases this is the way to do it.
Try getting crucible and vanguard marks maxed out on all characters too, or at least 150 of each so you can buy 2 guns

I guess its a good strategy.. but with the recent news of commendations equaling 250 rep, and being a dedicated day one player like myself, I can level up each faction as the DLC releases just off of commendations.

I don't doubt that.. I laughed because I'm trying to clear 4 HM's then do IB, but at 10pm is going to be a late night
laugh.gif

I guess its a good strategy.. but with the recent news of commendations equaling 250 rep, and being a dedicated day one player like myself, I can level up each faction as the DLC releases just off of commendations.
I have ~75 commendations currently so I can do that as well. I'm just extra prepared.

Without having to use my commendations I will receive a minimum of 4 reward packages per character, 5 if I edge my main faction the day before as well.

That's a minimum of 12 and up to 15 potential guns and armor pieces.

My current amount of commendations will give me another minimum of 7 rank up packages as they can be turned in for 250 rep each.

In other words, on day one I will be receiving more than 20 reward packages, all possibly containing new guns and armor.

Getting close to finishing my HoW preparation. I'm edging all factions to ~10 rep away from the next rank so I can immediately rank up after downloading the expansion and hopefully get some new gear. I'll try to edge my main faction on each class one or two days before the release.
Also gotta make sure all my characters have 10 5000xp completed bounties so I can immediately level any new guns or gear I get.
The grind is real :pimp:

Warlock (finished)
View media item 1517986
Titan only needs Dead Orbit edging, about 2000 more rep.
Hunter only needs FWC, about 1000 rep.

If you wanna prepare extra hard and maximize your potential on the first day HoW releases this is the way to do it.
Try getting crucible and vanguard marks maxed out on all characters too, or at least 150 of each so you can buy 2 guns

I was doing the same thing but realized something. All the weapons you get max out at 331 damage and all the armor maxes out at light level 36 each. So why would I need vendor gear that is equal or worse than what I already have? Hell weapons are worse just because they don't do elemental damage. Either way I need to ascend it to light level 42 each. Reload gloves for Hand Cannons is the only thing I want and I can just pick those up from the vendors. I was at just the point of leveling every factions on all 3 of my guys last weekend and then I said **** it after thinking about it.

Anybody in here run 3 of the same character type?

Juggling all 3 different types was cool at first but the grind is starting to get to me.

Seriously considering stashing all their armor and just picking one type to roll with. Trying to hold out for potential 3rd subclasses but idk.

Juggling all 3 different types was cool at first but the grind is starting to get to me.

Seriously considering stashing all their armor and just picking one type to roll with. Trying to hold out for potential 3rd subclasses but idk.

zero23 zero23 and @illsupra have 3 characters of the same type.. I used to have 2 Warlocks and a Titan, now I have one of each, which I prefer.. just because I get to experience each character, their abilities, subclasses, roles, etc.. but if I knew what I knew now.. I would of been satisfied with 2 Hunters and a Warlock.

zero23 zero23 and @illsupra have 3 characters of the same type.. I used to have 2 Warlocks and a Titan, now I have one of each, which I prefer.. just because I get to experience each character, their abilities, subclasses, roles, etc.. but if I knew what I knew now.. I would of been satisfied with 2 Hunters and a Warlock.
Thats the exact combo i have in mind. Delete my Titan, make another Hunter and keep my Warlock. I only made 3 to get the maximum amount of coins and to try the classes out anyway. Titan was the second character i made but I find playing him a chore now.

Only have had 3 hunters since launch.

Definitely saves you a ton of grinding time compared to trying to get armor for other characters. When HoW launches I would stick to one character type to get all the armor quicker.

How am I complaining? It takes 80% of an auto rifle clip to down 1 enemy. When. Thorn is 2.5 shots and hawkmoon is 2
How much skill do I need to use these weapons?

Crucible weapons are not balanced and everyone uses the same two hand cannons

Because you need to have good aim to catch those head shots. Everyone that I hear complaining about the auto rifle nerf have used them because they aren't great at aiming for head shots as is. So it's an easier gun to use for the average player. Hand cannons require better aim and better prediction skills to see exactly where the player is going.

Auto is just point and shoot and hope you get them. I use to be in the same boat but I just got better at aiming my guns and became a hand cannon junkie for everything. If you want practice, get a fatebringer and do everything with one. Eventually you become better, only thing is crucible has a lot less leeway than any PvE encounter. Meaning, you'll get crushed much quicker since a player is smarter than AI in this game. An auto rifle shouldn't be able to kill anyone as quick as a HC because it isn't a skill weapon. A skill weapon is rewarded for having a good player use it. Now is it fair that my thorn and hawkmoon can probably out scout a scout rifle? No, but it is what it is. And people still use Vexs and other pulse rifles and do just fine against the other 2-3 guns.

How am I complaining? It takes 80% of an auto rifle clip to down 1 enemy. When. Thorn is 2.5 shots and hawkmoon is 2
How much skill do I need to use these weapons?

Crucible weapons are not balanced and everyone uses the same two hand cannons

If you're not complaining then what are you doing? Stating the obvious? Because everyone knows whats used in PvP.

Have you ever played a FPS? A "competitive" multiplayer FPS? Don't lie.. if you have you know everyone uses the best guns because it creates the best opportunities to get kills/survive/win. If in Destiny, the best guns to use in Crucible are Hand Cannons, then why not adjust your play style to fit in? If you can't stick to raiding and strike playlist.

Last edited:
If you're not complaining then what are you doing? Stating the obvious? Because everyone knows whats used in PvP.

Have you ever played a FPS? A "competitive" multiplayer FPS? Don't lie.. if you have you know everyone uses the best guns because it creates the best opportunities to get kills/survive/win. If in Destiny, the best guns to use in Crucible are Hand Cannons, then why not adjust your play style to fit in? If you can't stick to raiding and strike playlist.

All of your stick to pve comments are irrelevant to the conversation.

Its not that these 2 weapons were intentionally supposed to be the best weapons

I've played a ton of crucible maybe a bit more than others. and didn't start pve until November/December

Bungie artificially created this hawkmoon/thorn weapon set through numerous nerfs.

Do you remember when you could name auto rifles good for crucible ? Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Vanquisher, For the People , OG Suros

Solid Scouts A.6F, Mida, cryptic Dragon, VOC

Fusions- light beware, final rest, Pocket Infinity, Vex, Murmur , Light of abyss

Sniper Rifles oh wait , sniper use is down probably 90% because there's no special ammo.

These weapons were in regular use which created a good crucible experience.

Now that two weapons have artificially become the top weapons, can Bungie do something to change this yes.

I'm all about adapting but if they can buff weapons to make crucible from being boring and predictable this would benefit every one

I've played a ton of crucible maybe a bit more than others. and didn't start pve until November/December

Bungie artificially created this hawkmoon/thorn weapon set through numerous nerfs.

Do you remember when you could name auto rifles good for crucible ? Shadow Price, Grim Citizen, Vanquisher, For the People , OG Suros

Fusions- light beware, final rest, Pocket Infinity, Vex, Murmur , Light of abyss

Sniper Rifles oh wait , sniper use is down probably 90% because there's no special ammo.

Now that two weapons have artificially become the top weapons, can Bungie do something to change this yes.

I'm all about adapting but if they can buff weapons to make crucible from being boring and predictable this would benefit every one

So you want the Suros to get back to its former glory? You mean when it use to hit for 70+ a headshot when you got down to the last 5-8 bullets? what on earth are you smoking, no auto should have that sort of power. Then add the 1.5 headshot multiplier and it would be closer to 85 a headshot. No auto should be able to do that, it's a spray and play weapon.

Scouts were never good in crucible unless you played larger maps in which case sniping is better. And people still snipe, you must just be playing the wrong games. Fusions are fine the way they are now, they had too much range before, no ifs or buts about it.

Last edited:
Because you need to have good aim to catch those head shots. Everyone that I hear complaining about the auto rifle nerf have used them because they aren't great at aiming for head shots as is. So it's an easier gun to use for the average player. Hand cannons require better aim and better prediction skills to see exactly where the player is going.

Auto is just point and shoot and hope you get them. I use to be in the same boat but I just got better at aiming my guns and became a hand cannon junkie for everything. If you want practice, get a fatebringer and do everything with one. Eventually you become better, only thing is crucible has a lot less leeway than any PvE encounter. Meaning, you'll get crushed much quicker since a player is smarter than AI in this game. An auto rifle shouldn't be able to kill anyone as quick as a HC because it isn't a skill weapon. A skill weapon is rewarded for having a good player use it. Now is it fair that my thorn and hawkmoon can probably out scout a scout rifle? No, but it is what it is. And people still use Vexs and other pulse rifles and do just fine against the other 2-3 guns.

We aren't talking about Venation, TDYK Fatebringer etc.. Because if you are beasting with these then I would say yes it requires skill to be consistent and rack up kills.

Im talking the perks on thorn (dot) and aces on Hawk that is pretty safe to say doesn't require any skill to use because their individual perks over power 90% of the weapons post nerfs.

Like you mentioned scouts. Realistically a scout a at mid to long range should hit like a sniper.

I know auto Rifles are point and shoot but the time it takes to unload a clip for a kill two things could happen you might have got picked off by a different enemy or the you were shooting at for 3* seconds straight might got away.

So you want the Suros to get back to its former glory? You mean when it use to hit for 70+ a headshot when you got down to the last 5-8 bullets? what on earth are you smoking, no auto should have that sort of power. Then add the 1.5 headshot multiplier and it would be closer to 85 a headshot. No auto should be able to do that, it's a spray and play weapon.

Scouts were never good in crucible unless you played larger maps in which case sniping is better. And people still snipe, you must just be playing the wrong games. Fusions are fine the way they are now, they had too much range before, no ifs or buts about it.

It's not even about the Suros OG hit power.

But at the same time if you choose an exotic as your primary/special/heavy.

It needs to be on par with all the other exotics.

Suros stat line was crazy anyway. You got focused fire,max stability, range on par with a decent scout, impact on par with a decent shotgun and the chance to return health

I gotta play this new crucible to get a feel for what yall are talking about. Last time I played thorn and hawkmoon were hitting hard but not EVERYONE was using them.

I was doing the same thing but realized something. All the weapons you get max out at 331 damage and all the armor maxes out at light level 36 each. So why would I need vendor gear that is equal or worse than what I already have? Hell weapons are worse just because they don't do elemental damage. Either way I need to ascend it to light level 42 each. Reload gloves for Hand Cannons is the only thing I want and I can just pick those up from the vendors. I was at just the point of leveling every factions on all 3 of my guys last weekend and then I said **** it after thinking about it.
You know there's more guns than just primaries right :lol:
Special weapons and heavy weapons bruh.
Don't forget you can reroll all HoW vendor guns. There's also a lot of new weapon perks.

Last edited:
Finally finished the 500 Void kills for the Thorn [emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128551[/emoji]
3 hours straight of Crucible

If you're a good player against randoms in PvP you can pull off an AR just fine, if you can strafe and do what it takes to get kills. But, when you play against good players you'll be against a Last Word or Thorn most of the time. *Hawkmoon in very rare situations since, that gun is built solely around luck. Scouts for the most part were never a solid option in Crucible, with Mida being an exception. Mida + Hunter combo is an excellent choice, I use it some times still. Fusions were OP and I'm glad they got nerfed. You can't complain about a shotgun without mentioning Fusions, just because Fusions are 1 shot kills from an extended range; shotguns are primarily for closer encounters. (even though you can get sniped sometimes :smh:)

A Sniper is considered a Power Weapon since it can be a one shot kill from extended range, and if you're going to complain about having less ammo then land more headshots with the ammo you have. Snipers are very balanced with this patch because you shouldn't be able to run around with a FULL sniper whole game, thats absurd. You shouldn't have the luxury of sitting back all game and just picking people off, thats just ridiculous.

Last edited:
We aren't talking about Venation, TDYK Fatebringer etc.. Because if you are beasting with these then I would say yes it requires skill to be consistent and rack up kills.

Im talking the perks on thorn (dot) and aces on Hawk that is pretty safe to say doesn't require any skill to use because their individual perks over power 90% of the weapons post nerfs.

Like you mentioned scouts. Realistically a scout a at mid to long range should hit like a sniper.

I know auto Rifles are point and shoot but the time it takes to unload a clip for a kill two things could happen you might have got picked off by a different enemy or the you were shooting at for 3* seconds straight might got away.

Why in the world should a Scout Rifle hit like a Sniper? :smh:

In PvP 70% of the time people always run with Primary Exotics. Its simple "exotics" are the best class of gun, usually have a great unique perk, and running one as a primary means you have the best odds on your side of getting kills.

I've out-gunned people using Thorns, TLW, Hawkmoon with a Suros/Mida post-patch, just work on gun skill. :D

FINALLY GOT MY THORN [emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji][emoji]128548[/emoji]

Gotta admit its kinda funny/cool to see the Thorn at the top. The Thorn was the laughing stock of the community and just a collectors item since launch despite having one of the most unique designs/perks and an actual challenging bounty. Now it got dudes damn near putting up double doubles all day.

Back
Top Bottom