Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

for the record i really like an unupgraded suros in crucible. if you can get the headshots its amazing.

i have 2 templar checkpoints im trying to run if anyone is down. i forgot about them.

for the record i really like an unupgraded suros in crucible. if you can get the headshots its amazing.

i have 2 templar checkpoints im trying to run if anyone is down. i forgot about them.

If you're on tomorrow I'm down. Need 1 more clear and want 1 more Fatebringer.

Level it and enjoy it in Crucible. It's Meh to me in anything else.
I used it in PVE the other day, its not trash in PVE, but there are definitely better options.

I've had this game for a month, and I'm getting so lucky. Yesterday all togetger I goygot
3 Legendary Engrams
The Thorn
LDR 5001
A full auto Secret Handshake
A legendary hunter chest (don't need it, already got the alpha lupi)
A legendary Titan Helmet (only had 1617 light, dismantled)

Plus I already have 5 exotics :smokin

I SAID THIS MONTHS AGO. THE NON UPGRADED SUROS IS MILES AHEAD OF THE UPGRADED SUROS FOR PVP. I HAVE TWO SUROS AND KEEP ONE UNLEVELED JUST FOR PVP.

Suros is trash

Come at me

It is now. But you probably never played with it back in November or better yet in September before the very first AR nerf. Thing would literally 3-5 shot you from across the map while staggering you. You could snipe with that thing literally :smh: . I didn't have one back in September but I remember getting crushed by it while doing my Bad Juju bounty.

All of this Thorn slander. I've been telling y'all since day one. Thorn is my baby. Might as well call me Dredgen Yor. Though because of the IB bounty for 20 Headshot kills with Primary, I haven't used it much in IB. Two Headshots always kills them with the ticks, not the headshots.

Also, here's a list of some of the new perks for weapons in HoW. Looks interesting. I saw the Trials weapons had the Hidden Hand perk. Auto Aim on crack?

All of this Thorn slander. I've been telling y'all since day one. Thorn is my baby. Might as well call me Dredgen Yor. Though because of the IB bounty for 20 Headshot kills with Primary, I haven't used it much in IB. Two Headshots always kills them with the ticks, not the headshots.

Also, here's a list of some of the new perks for weapons in HoW. Looks interesting. I saw the Trials weapons had the Hidden Hand perk. Auto Aim on crack?

View media item 1518887

Hawkmoon is better for the headshot bounty. But I'll tell you one thing, once you get use to the fire rate of a Thorn it's impossible to get back to a Hawkmoon :smh: I tried, I just couldn't.

Hawkmoon is better for the headshot bounty. But I'll tell you one thing, once you get use to the fire rate of a Thorn it's impossible to get back to a Hawkmoon
mean.gif
I tried, I just couldn't.
Go from a Thorn to a Timurs. You will feel like your controller is broken. 
laugh.gif

I thought Thorn was trash until yesterday when I switched all the range perks for stability perks. I was unstoppable.

Just got a hunger of crota now all i need is a black hammer

Ran Crota NM 3 times and didn't get another one "/

I thought Thorn was trash until yesterday when I switched all the range perks for stability perks. I was unstoppable.

Nah those range perks >

Sniping dudes across the map with your handcannon >

Last edited:

Suros is trash

Come at me
It is now. But you probably never played with it back in November or better yet in September before the very first AR nerf. Thing would literally 3-5 shot you from across the map while staggering you. You could snipe with that thing literally
mean.gif
. I didn't have one back in September but I remember getting crushed by it while doing my Bad Juju bounty.
Yeah suros was the god gun. I got one after its initial nerf and it was still cheap as hell. I was beating snipers at range. Good times
pimp.gif

Played a match of PvP for the first time in a long time yesterday. It was an interesting experience. Didn't play another match after that one but I did alright. Still, I'm not so sure I'm a fan of this new PvP. Finished in second on my team so we deserved to lose 
laugh.gif
Lack of special ammo threw me off at first. Tried that thing I do where I just stand by the heavy ammo when it's popped and pick it up later but I died and it disappeared. I don't remember that happening before. Some guy with Red Death was massacring us
laugh.gif

Thorn, TLW and Hawkmoon crush in crucible and especially in Iron Banner. TLW and Thorn for regular play and Hawkmoon to be at more distance and for the headshot bounties. Throw Vex and Red Death in there and those/these are the weapons that everyone is using 98% of the time. I will switch to an Oversoul Edict or a Time on Target pulse rifle I have that is full auto and has the glass half full perk while I use the Thunderlord for the HMG bounty. It is too easy to land headshots with the Thunderlord.

They should return autos back to how they were before the last patch and leave them there. It would make them competitive, but not crazy overpowered like how they used to be. They shouldn't be able to out range a scout/hand cannon from distance like how they used to.

I hit rank 4 last night and got the helmet and hunter cape for my guy last night. Was killing me missing out on that last piece of the buff since I didn't have the hunter class item to run with. Hopefully try to run a little more tonight and get a Jolder's to drop for me since I missed last IB and didn't get a chance to buy one.

Yeah suros was the god gun. I got one after its initial nerf and it was still cheap as hell. I was beating snipers at range. Good times
pimp.gif

Played a match of PvP for the first time in a long time yesterday. It was an interesting experience. Didn't play another match after that one but I did alright. Still, I'm not so sure I'm a fan of this new PvP. Finished in second on my team so we deserved to lose 
laugh.gif
Lack of special ammo threw me off at first. Tried that thing I do where I just stand by the heavy ammo when it's popped and pick it up later but I died and it disappeared. I don't remember that happening before. Some guy with Red Death was massacring us
laugh.gif
Last patch changed it. You have 30 seconds to pick up once someone pops it or it disappears, and if you die while it is still on the ground, you lose it as well.

Edit: Red Death is really good since the pulse rifle buff and that health regen after any type of kill makes is really good as well. The only thing that can counter it is the Thorn because the DoT that it has cancels out the health regen from the Red Death kill.

Last edited:
Last patch changed it. You have 30 seconds to pick up once someone pops it or it disappears, and if you die while it is still on the ground, you lose it as well.

Not necessarily. I had it remain there when we had someone pop it, I was close but not close enough to pick it up and then go crushed by a super. I was able to respawn and grab it. I had this happen at least 2-3 times this past week.

And overall Besu, the changes balanced things out since it prevents people from just shotguning, sniping, and using fusions the entire game. But I agree, AR should just return to how they were pre recent patch. That was about where they should be. I laugh when every time when someone shoots a suros at me now :lol:

Last edited:
Not necessarily. I had it remain there when we had someone pop it, I was close but not close enough to pick it up and then go crushed by a super. I was able to respawn and grab it. I had this happen at least 2-3 times this past week.

And overall Besu, the changes balanced things out since it prevents people from just shotguning, sniping, and using fusions the entire game. But I agree, AR should just return to how they were pre recent patch. That was about where they should be. I laugh when every time when someone shoots a suros at me now
laugh.gif
I wonder if there is a slight time window you have then once it is popped and if you die that you can still by chance grab it? Either that or you over there using your Bungie Dev tricks to make sure you always get heavy ammo
laugh.gif

Thorn x Suwoo death 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Swordbreaker 
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Corrective Measure 
nthat.gif

I became a fan of IB this week.

Was out of town this weekend though and im only rank 3. Is it possible to hit rank5 before the reset tonight? Not trying to play the whole day though lol

Thorn x Suwoo death :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:
Swordbreaker :nthat: :nthat: :nthat: :nthat:
Corrective Measure :nthat:

I became a fan of IB this week.

Was out of town this weekend though and im only rank 3. Is it possible to hit rank5 before the reset tonight? Not trying to play the whole day though lol

Winning + Buff + Shader + Class Item + Emblem + Bounties... definitely doable. 15-20 wins.

Last edited:
Honestly the auto rifles in general weren't that overpowered, the main culprit was the Suros.

Even before any AR nerfs if you faced a team of equally skilled opponents using any of the exotic handcannons you'd lose if you used an AR other than the Suros.

Now you'd have to be crazy to use any AR against a team using exotic handcannons.

Keep the Suros the way it is now, re-buff all ARs back to their previous state. The state of ARs before the damage nerf was pretty much ideal.

An entire weapon class is being rendered useless because one specific gun, an exotic even, was overpowered.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom