Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

I have The Epitaph Legendary Sniper upgraded and with the quick reload, 6 round clip, and Chain of Woe on my Hunter, it reloads stupid quick. I can go through my 30 round backpack and put down a hurting on bosses really good. Also has really good stabilization. That being said, once I run out of ammo and I have to wait on cooldown for ammo synthesis packs, I'm firing off my primary in hopes of Adds dropping green ammo packs. With the Ice Breaker, I take a more slower/precise approach and never seem to run out of ammo. 6 shots down, switch to primary for 10 seconds, then switch back. And as I'm lining up shots the ammo regens itself. Once I have it fully upgraded I'll have a better opinion of it but for now, the precise icebreaker approach seems better for me when doing Nightfall strikes/Raids/Higher Level stuff. Mainly because I'm not running around getting killed or off task trying to get more sniper ammo. To each his own I guess but I'm glad Ice Breaker was added to the fold. 

I pair Vision of Confluence Primary Legendary scout with Icebreaker Secondary Exotic Sniper. Otherwise it's my Suros or Hawkmoon Exotics with the Epitaph Legendary Sniper. Both loadouts work for me.

I have The Epitaph Legendary Sniper upgraded and with the quick reload, 6 round clip, and Chain of Woe on my Hunter, it reloads stupid quick. I can go through my 30 round backpack and put down a hurting on bosses really good. Also has really good stabilization. That being said, once I run out of ammo and I have to wait on cooldown for ammo synthesis packs, I'm firing off my primary in hopes of Adds dropping green ammo packs. With the Ice Breaker, I take a more slower/precise approach and never seem to run out of ammo. 6 shots down, switch to primary for 10 seconds, then switch back. And as I'm lining up shots the ammo regens itself. Once I have it fully upgraded I'll have a better opinion of it but for now, the precise icebreaker approach seems better for me when doing Nightfall strikes/Raids/Higher Level stuff. Mainly because I'm not running around getting killed or off task trying to get more sniper ammo. To each his own I guess but I'm glad Ice Breaker was added to the fold. 

I pair Vision of Confluence Primary Legendary scout with Icebreaker Secondary Exotic Sniper. Otherwise it's my Suros or Hawkmoon Exotics with the Epitaph Legendary Sniper. Both loadouts work for me.
i like to end boss battles fast on strikes. i empty all the clips on my final boss, or epitaph, or some other one i just got. ammo synth. empty the clips again. boss is almost dead. switch to primary, voila. me and a few others ran that archon with the icebreaker and jeez.... but again, to each his own cuz others loadouts dont really matter.

im waiting on the patience and time, best sniper in the game. AND if the only enemies that going invisible doesnt matter is the kamikaze harpies... ill take that. 99.8% of the enemies fall victim to it then. excellent.

and to whoever said it earlier, ive only won against the vex like 10 times... out of 30. that thing is a MONSTER and its supposed to be. they made it the best gun in the game period. its supposed to destroy everything else. i hope they dont nerf it. cuz we all know soon as this dlc hits the enemies will be able to withstand it. and theyll probably add a new tier of weapons called epic or god or something that go beyond exotic.

Last edited:
1373672217_image.gif

that raid attempt just now
laugh.gif

The Vex Mythoclast is getting a 34% reduction on base damage tomorrow :lol:

Auto rifles are getting nerfed.

The Vex Mythoclast is getting a 34% reduction on base damage tomorrow
laugh.gif

Auto rifles are getting nerfed.

Summary

The most recent hotfix (1.0.2.2) for Destiny goes live on October 14th. This hotfix includes a number of changes to weapon balance across archetypes (e.g., lowering Auto Rifle effectiveness and increasing Scout Rifle damage output), specific weapons (Vex Mythoclast and Pocket Infinity) and includes a number of fixes to issues with the Templar encounter in the Vault of Glass. 

We're still working on a larger update which will address under-performing Exotics and overall class balance. 

General

• Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance

Classes

• Titan
    • Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
  • Warlock
    • Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne

Weapons

• General
    • Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
  • Auto Rifles
    • Base Damage decreased by 2%
    • Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
    • Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
  • Hand Cannons
    • In-air accuracy now increased
  • Scout Rifles
    • Base damage increased by 6%
    • Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
    • Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
  • Shotguns
    • Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
    • Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
    • The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
  • Exotic Weapons
    • Vex Mythoclast
      • Base Damage decreased by 34%
      • Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
    • Pocket Infinity
      • Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
  • Perks
    • Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
    • Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed

Activities

• Strikes
    • Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
  • Raid - Vault of Glass
    • Templar Encounter
      • Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
      • Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area

Destinations
The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan
No more cheesing the Templar 
tired.gif
Auto rifle nerf 
tired.gif
Shotgun nerf 
tired.gif
Pocket Infinity nerf right after I finally get the bounty 
tired.gif

I wonder what they'll do when people start complaining that the scout rilfe is OP now
laugh.gif

No more cheesing the Templar |I Auto rifle nerf |I Shotgun nerf |I Pocket Infinity nerf right after I finally get the bounty |I

I wonder what they'll do when people start complaining that the scout rilfe is OP now :lol:

They''ll nerf it like everything else. But I feel you on the auto rifle and pocket inifinty nerf. I just got up to the nightfall kills for it and received and fully upgraded a hard light and this happens...

Actually cant return it, i bought an expansion pass. Bungie and activision both gonna catch this fade onna hood

It is still a great fusion rifle guys. You guys mad you can't spam it now 
laugh.gif

Zero about to be God mode in PvP with that auto Scout rifle now.

I told you that the Mythoclast was going to get that nerf. It was TOO good. I really don't see an issue with any of this stuff really except for that scout rifles might be king now. Assault rifles shouldn't out range scouts or pulse guns and shotguns are for up close encounters and not ranged. 

For the Templar....does that mean people can't stand on the side platform as a group anymore? Is that considered out of the "playable area"?

No more cheesing the Templar 
tired.gif
Auto rifle nerf 
tired.gif
Shotgun nerf 
tired.gif
Pocket Infinity nerf right after I finally get the bounty 
tired.gif

I wonder what they'll do when people start complaining that the scout rilfe is OP now
laugh.gif
They''ll nerf it like everything else. But I feel you on the auto rifle and pocket inifinty nerf. I just got up to the nightfall kills for it and received and fully upgraded a hard light and this happens...
Man I spent hours getting Doctor Nope and then even more upgrading it's stability and now they're nerfing it
laugh.gif

Gun is gonna be ******* useless and they still haven't addressed how OP fusion rifles are.

Shotguns one shot from up close but fusion rifles one-shot from ridiculous ranges. Their solution? Nerf the shotty
laugh.gif

The templar nerf is gonna hurt as that was straight cheese right there.

We all knew the Mythoclast would be nerfed as it was THE only weapon alot of squads brought in PvP.

Every exploit we figure out, it eventually gets patched, it won't be long before the Atheon cheese is also patched.

If all the good stuff continue to be nerfed it only make me wanna play the game less and force me to buy Borderlands Pre-Sequel, sooner than I expected.

Last edited:

We all new the Mythoclast would be nerfed as if was THE only weapon alot of squad brought in PvP.

Every exploit we figure it out, it eventually gets patched, it won't be long before the Atheon cheese is also patched.

If all the good stuff continue to be nerfed it only make me wanna play the game less and force me to buy Borderlands Pre-Sequel, sooner than I expected.
bruh, im already thinking about bordelands. their weapons and loot system is so far above destiny's. but their timing is TERRIBLE. way too close to destiny in terms of game and release date. they shoulda pushed it back by a month.

We all new the Mythoclast would be nerfed as if was THE only weapon alot of squad brought in PvP.

Every exploit we figure it out, it eventually gets patched, it won't be long before the Atheon cheese is also patched.

bruh, im already thinking about bordelands. their weapons and loot system is so far above destiny's. but their timing is TERRIBLE. way too close to destiny in terms of game and release date. they shoulda pushed it back by a month.

Not only bad timing, but bad that it's not on next gen, 2K would sell twice as many copies of the game if it was on next gen, maybe a few people who are not into borderlands would have tried it simply bc it's 1080p and 60 FPS

Last edited:
freaking amazing!

finally beat the raid albeit on normal but got an exotic legendary and a cool shatterwhite

the ledge cheese still works lolol amazing game

:stoneface: let's be real bro, of course you're not gonna one shot strike bosses. I'm talking about lower tiered enemies, think: hobgoblins, Wizards, Knights (unshielded). And no, I didn't notice the "ridiculously long" regeneration time because honestly it doesn't seem that long. I don't even think it takes 36 seconds to replenish the ammo so I don't know where you're getting that. I think the ammo regeneration is tiered off meaning the more of it you use, the longer it takes. I say this because when I would kill an enemy in one shot, say a hobgoblin, my ammo would regenerate while I was still aiming down the sights. If I were to take a couple more shots , it would take a few more seconds. But that's it. Seconds. You make it seem like there's a cool down period like consumables.

I'm a level 27. Everything I play is the highest level. The only thing I haven't tried yet is VOG and that's because of my scheduling. I did two tiger strikes today (both of them Devil's Lair), the daily heroic on 26 (only because I played with another NTer who was a 24 so it wouldn't let us play at 28) and the nightfall. Not one time did I feel pressed for special ammo. I was actually more pressed during the daily heroic for primary ammo because of the juggler modifier. I don't see how you could be "waiting to shoot" when you have two more weapon slots. Unless you run around only using a sniper and neglect your other two weapons.

if the only time u can 1shot an enemy is lowlevel enemies...then why mention that as a bonus in your first response? and no, i was with jbc when i copped it and shot one round then counted, 2 rounds then counted. 6 seconds each. but ill let this go, cuz i dont really care what gun yall use. it is what it is. if yall happy with it so be it.

ammo regens in 4 secs not 6

ammo regens in 4 secs not 6
really tired of people talking out of their *** about the gun. its not THAT hard to shoot then count. here, heres a shortcut.

at 1:53 he empties his clip. soon as the clip hits 0, note the time till it hits 1. look at the time again. note the time until it hits 2. 6 seconds. how hard is this? honestly?
Not only bad timing, but bad that it's not on next gen, 2K would sell twice as many copies of the game if it was on next gen, maybe a few people who are not into borderlands would have tried it simply bc it's 1080p and 60 FPS
yo what? i didnt know borderlands wasnt on next gen. this is BULL**** man!

Back
Top Bottom