Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

looks like Ima be stuck on Orxy
frown.gif
I got you ballah just say the word. Tonight pref

We got the checkpoint so I'll see if we can finish him off this evening, but mos def before reset Tuesday.
We went into the secret room on the left and found a chest with only molten shards and some other stuff.

No there is another room in the piston room that people found yesterday

looks like Ima be stuck on Orxy :frown:

We got the checkpoint so I'll see if we can finish him off this evening, but mos def before reset Tuesday.

I got you ballah just say the word. Tonight pref

after about 2 hours with a group of randoms finally got it done
Got a 290 hawkmoon to drop from when Oryx teleports you
Raid auto rifle at 306
No Armor....still 297 :\
least I can get touch of mailce now

Last edited:

ANYBODY ON XBOX WILLING TO TRY OUT THIS SECRET ROOM IN THE RAID?

We went into the secret room on the left and found a chest with only molten shards and some other stuff.

NAH NOT THE CHEST ROOM. THE SECRET ROOM WITH THE RELIC AND AIR VENTS FOR DUNKING THE RELIC.

I HAVE THE CHECKPOINT RIGHT BY THAT ROOM IF ANYONE WANTS TO HELP EXPLORE IT.

God I love this sword

When Bos and I were getting our ToMs last night I killed the wizard with 2 R2s. Bos was like "WTF you hit her with?" I was just :rofl:

The next time that Spindle quest is up we are getting our 2nd and 3rd. That boss is getting that work from these swords! Not to mention I should have my void and arc one next week as well :smokin

Last edited:
So I picked up this game bout 2 weeks ago..currently sitting at light level 290. Trying to up my light level a bit more but heroic vanguard strikes are yielding nothing useful lately and I've yet to do Nightfalls. Any tips? or do I just keep chaining vanguard strikes?

So I picked up this game bout 2 weeks ago..currently sitting at light level 290. Trying to up my light level a bit more but heroic vanguard strikes are yielding nothing useful lately and I've yet to do Nightfalls. Any tips? or do I just keep chaining vanguard strikes?

Vanguard strikes can help but it's slow and tedious. You can/should hit the raid now to break above 300. Just try to have a sniper and scout above 290 as well as a heavy machine gun. Rockets are pointless really and shotties are only useful for both door openings.

Last edited:
Why are green orbs higher then purples or blues?! What's this **** ****?

Fam :rofl:

Your struggle on figuring out all the new content is awesome. 

Join the fireteam chat if you see me online and Ill explain all I know on any of your questions

Ill be on tomorrow after 6 est
I think I figured out, but it's soo damn weird now. So Ballerhorn is no longer legit? Damn it man. I also read that all my plastic steel, shards or no longer used so I can turn them into my faction?

I think I figured out, but it's soo damn weird now. So Ballerhorn is no longer legit? Damn it man. I also read that all my plastic steel, shards or no longer used so I can turn them into my faction?

Yeah man, unload all of that stuff to get those faction packages (Alert: They don't stack anymore, so make sure you open them before you level up again). The packages are less random, so if you're looking for a particular shader (Revenant *cough cough*), they likelihood of you getting it jumps the more you unlock stuff.

Grinder out the prerequisites for the other 2 exotic swords so I'll be ready for weds if any xb1 people need to do the exotic sword strike for the solar or the arc.

Also, anyone need to do the exotic shotgun strike? I'm still waiting to do that.

Grinder out the prerequisites for the other 2 exotic swords so I'll be ready for weds if any xb1 people need to do the exotic sword strike for the solar or the arc.

Also, anyone need to do the exotic shotgun strike? I'm still waiting to do that.

i'm gonna try to have the arc sword ready by then. but real talk, we need to hop in rumble and let me merc you for exotic shotty :D i hate the last word

GONNA GO AHEAD AND GET MY LEVEL 34 HUNTER UP TO 40 SO I CAN SWITCH GEAR BETWEEN MY MAIN AND THE ALT. SMH.

I NEED TO GET THAT ARC SWORD TO GO WITH MY SOLAR JOINT AND I ALSO NEED TO DO THE RAID MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK.

WHAT WERE THE STEPS TO CHEESE THE BEGINNING PORTION OF THE SWORD QUEST SO THAT IT GOES DIRECTLY TO THE FARMING STAGE?

i'm gonna try to have the arc sword ready by then. but real talk, we need to hop in rumble and let me merc you for exotic shotty :D i hate the last word

I'LL HELP YOU DO THAT TODAY IF YOU NEED IT. I NEED TO LEVEL UP MY ALT TO LEVEL 40.

What's going on everybody, first time poster but long time lurker.

If anybody is still looking for people for xb1 then you can add me: XxWillyPetexX

I'm waiting until Wednesday so I can get my exotic swords (arc and void) so I may need some help with that. Also I still haven't had a suitable fireteam to complete the raid yet *hint* *hint*

GONNA GO AHEAD AND GET MY LEVEL 34 HUNTER UP TO 40 SO I CAN SWITCH GEAR BETWEEN MY MAIN AND THE ALT. SMH.

I NEED TO GET THAT ARC SWORD TO GO WITH MY SOLAR JOINT AND I ALSO NEED TO DO THE RAID MORE THAN ONCE A WEEK.

WHAT WERE THE STEPS TO CHEESE THE BEGINNING PORTION OF THE SWORD QUEST SO THAT IT GOES DIRECTLY TO THE FARMING STAGE?

Yo, I thought we wasn't friends no more. I jumped into your party last night and you rolled out before I could say hello :lol:

The cheese steps don't work anymore :/

That said, I learned that mayhem clash is solid for getting ability kills if you have your subclass right. Not sure it'll do you too great with the blade dancer class. I know getting a solar sword with a Titan would be cake in that mode since that hammer is so OP and guardian kills count as a higher percentage than killing stuff in patrol. I was running around with my hunter last night trying to butter knife Sith Lords and Thors.... Got some work done but it wasn't the easiest since it's so weak vs the new sub classes.

Last edited:

I'LL HELP YOU DO THAT TODAY IF YOU NEED IT. I NEED TO LEVEL UP MY ALT TO LEVEL 40.

I think @shottadru needs that too. Not sure memph will be ready for a sword delivery weds considering how far he has to go to get there but I'm down for helping with the sword strike whenever. Memph and I got pretty good at it this weekend.

Also, the 50 majors with swords task.... Do the exclusion zone on the higher difficulty.
9 majors per run. Kill yourself or let the last regular dude kill you and repeat.

Mayhem class is good for the 25 kills. More frequent heavy drops AND guardians drop heavy when you kill them :wink:

Last edited:

Yo, I thought we wasn't friends no more. I jumped into your party last night and you rolled out before I could say hello :lol:

The cheese steps don't work anymore :/

That said, I learned that mayhem clash is solid for getting ability kills if you have your subclass right. Not sure it'll do you too great with the blade dancer class. I know getting a solar sword with a Titan would be cake in that mode since that hammer is so OP and guardian kills count as a higher percentage than killing stuff in patrol. I was running around with my hunter last night trying to butter knife Sith Lords and Thors.... Got some work done but it wasn't the easiest since it's so weak vs the new sub classes.

PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE JOKING. PLEASSSSEEEE. :smh:

Yo wasnt calcified fragment 48 one of those that ppl couldnt figure out how to get yet?

Bc I got it but dont remember how at all

Missing 1 skyburners, 1 agnarock (need too more enemies), 3 from the raid, and 2 taht drop randomly from stolen ruins.

memphissfinest memphissfinest - didn't work for me but it wasn't that bad since I had already done everything before killing the sword guy on my 2nd character already. Just needed to make some moves with my hunter which I was able to do in good time. Ultimately, cheese or no cheese, you still have to do the farming which is the worse part by far

View media item 1736699

memphissfinest memphissfinest - didn't work for me but it wasn't that bad since I had already done everything before killing the sword guy on my 2nd character already. Just needed to make some moves with my hunter which I was able to do in good time. Ultimately, cheese or no cheese, you still have to do the farming which is the worse part by far

View media item 1736699

RIGHT BUT I COULD OF KNOCKED ALL THAT OUT BY WEDNESDAY. NOW I'M NOT SURE IF I HAVE TO START AT THE BEGINNING ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAVE TO RUN THROUGH THE STORY ON MY ALT TO EVEN UNLOCK THE QUEST IN THE FIRST PLACE

Last edited:
Yo wasnt calcified fragment 48 one of those that ppl couldnt figure out how to get yet?

Bc I got it but dont remember how at all

View media item 1736697

Missing 1 skyburners, 1 agnarock (need too more enemies), 3 from the raid, and 2 taht drop randomly from stolen ruins.

If you're talking about, Wormfood then thats Fragment 50 and its obtainable by completing the Eris bounty.

Back
Top Bottom