Destiny Thread (Bungie) - 9/9/14

You talking bout Atheon's epilogue?

It's trash B
dang... i was hoping you'd say otherwise :smh:

It's good for void burn NFs and weeklies. But only until you get a word of Crota. It's also good for killing oracles as well, it's actually the best of all the VoG primaries for this.

yea thats what i was thinking...

i actually have the word of crota that i just got this week. its almost maxed out now minus the last column since i dont wanna really use radiant materials on it right now.

my thing is i kinda dont like hand canons.... too much recoil for my liking. i figured the epilogue would be better for me since i like auto rifles and it is supposed to have some nice stability. both will have near the same rating (300 vs 302 or so) since i won't be maxing that last column out anytime soon.

plus the destiny mobile app is freaking clutch... makes me not really need to have character specific setups anymore since i can swap on the fly.

If I were you I'd max out the word and use that before using the epilogue for void burn NFs and such.

Biggie is right with the oracle thing. It is good for that at least. But I myself would much rather use the vision of confluence with field scout perk for oracles.

I use to rock with the epilogue when I first got it but it was meh. The stability isn't all that (well after using a suros for so long it's not). The massive amount of ammo is good but the amount of damage that thing does you'd be going through half a mag just to get a kill.

After seeing how many kills the other TPT members were getting compared to me I stopped using it.

Yeah hand cannons can be a pain to get use to but once you do, nothing compares to them. Me and evoxr1 evoxr1 use hand cannons for almost everything.

Last edited:
If I were you I'd max out the word and use that before using the epilogue for void burn NFs and such.

Biggie is right with the oracle thing. It is good for that at least. But I myself would much rather use the vision of confluence with field scout perk for oracles.

I use to rock with the epilogue when I first got it but it was meh. The stability isn't all that (well after using a suros for so long it's not). The massive amount of ammo is good but the amount of damage that thing does you'd be going through half a mag just to get a kill.

After seeing how many kills the other TPT members were getting compared to me I stopped using it.

Yeah hand cannons can be a pain to get use to but once you do, nothing compares to them. Me and evoxr1 evoxr1 use hand cannons for almost everything.

Thanks for the feedback.
I just maxed out the Crota auto rifle using 18 radiant energies and only have 9 left this week. I'm hording 37 radiant shards for whenever my hunter gets the rest of his gear so I kinda want to hold off on upgrades for now.

Also, looks like I'm gonna be stuck using that spider helmet that xur was selling. I tried to get slick and buy the engram from xur but it converted to that crud helmet anyways :lol:

So I need Crota boots and 2 other gear from that raid to get to a 32. Gonna be like 2 weeks at least :smh:

Hand cannons are life! Lol only time I don't use hand Cannon is for oracles phase in vog (vision of confluence).

I used to be an auto rifle guy but when I got the last word a long time ago and started owning on pvp with it I became a hand Cannon guy. I still prefer fatebringer over Word of crota except for when we do the heavy ammo glitch lol word has faster rate of fire compared to fate bringer.

Imo atheon epilogue is pure garbage.. Not enough damage for me.. And I honestly think the vision of confluence is the best primary for taking out oracles on atheon

Nope epilogue is by far the best for oracles. I use to be an AR guy too but then I got a Fatebringer in early November along with a Hawkmoon, thorn, and TLW and it's been hand cannons all day.

It takes a bit more skill as they are only worth it if you can land > 50% crit. Nothing compares to a fatebringer for strikes and taking out groups unless it's an IBer. The patience pays off from learning to use it.

Scouts are also cool but only when long range is needed.

I just need raid gloves and some shards for my warlock and I'll have a 32. Need just one more shard to max out my chest
mean.gif

HOPF chest is so damaging to bosses. You can get like 8-12 grenades. Just brought the archon priest in a ROC strike to almost halfway in one radiance by myself. And finished him with the ghorn. Lmao. Thank you xur for the unlimited heave ammo.

It is dope :pimp:

Started leveling up the bad juju tonight. It absolutely sucks so far. Just want to use it for the Crota light level or so but the Crota pulse rifle is better than this so far.

Bout to login and run a couple weeklies...

If anyone wants to run, hit me up...

PSN: Frostbite

Guys. Im trying to finish Crota right now. I have NM crota CP . HM death singers CP.

I want to finish at least the NM run so I can get some shards. I need 9 shards to be 32.

Also down for fresh of NM or HM Crotas end. just invite me

Just ran HM crota for the first time and I got Fang of Ir Yut and Abyss Defiant and Glowhoo. I think I'm done with HM because it is so much more time consuming than regular normal. I don't really care for any other primary except for Word of Crota but I heard it's not that great of a hand cannon.

I still NEED Gjallarhorn :frown: :smh:

Just ran HM crota for the first time and I got Fang of Ir Yut and Abyss Defiant and Glowhoo. I think I'm done with HM because it is so much more time consuming than regular normal. I don't really care for any other primary except for Word of Crota but I heard it's not that great of a hand cannon.

I still NEED Gjallarhorn :frown: :smh:

Try to find a raid team. I know the squad I raid with can do hard mode in 30-45 mins, same with TMT

Have a regular raid team helps because you all get a feel for raiding together and build team work. When you with randoms it can take a while before you guys find your rhythm causing frustration and a lot of mistakes

Try to find a raid team. I know the squad I raid with can do hard mode in 30-45 mins, same with TMT

Have a regular raid team helps because you all get a feel for raiding together and build team work. When you with randoms it can take a while before you guys find your rhythm causing frustration and a lot of mistakes

Not only that, there is also a trust component where if we tell you fire rockets or there is a need to pop a synth you do it and not fire HMG rounds like our mans Machine Gun Kelly from the Xbox guys :rofl:

Not only that, there is also a trust component where if we tell you fire rockets or there is a need to pop a synth you do it and not fire HMG rounds like our mans Machine Gun Kelly from the Xbox guys :rofl:

:lol: bruh.... Dude was so baked that he invited me to help him finish Crota hard a couple of days later.

He said he had a Crota checkpoint and wanted to offer it to me..... Bruh, that's OUR checkpoint :rofl:

Also, I def agree. There is trust and timing especially for the last part.

We got on without the slacker and crushed Crota.

Last edited:
:lol: bruh.... Dude was so baked that he invited me to help him finish Crota hard a couple of days later.

He said he had a Crota checkpoint and wanted to offer it to me..... Bruh, that's OUR checkpoint :rofl:

Also, I def agree. There is trust and timing especially for the last part.

We got on without the slacker and crushed Crota.

:rofl:

Been weird week w/ being sick and stuff, still need to get Crota down tonight on HM. I have the CP, who's down to help a feller?

Prolly on around 8:30 CST.

Back
Top Bottom