Did Boston use the 2-3 zone to stop Lebron ?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Xtapolapacetl wrote:

Proshares wrote:

Why y'all even argue or debate with Xta?

I know, right? I keep owning these dudes left and right with rational and fair arguments like LeBron owns Kobe every time they step on the same court.

lbjvskb.png

But they keep coming back and all they can come up with is some weak %!*! that if it was right would make Adam Morrison a better player than LeBron.. Or at least would make Tony Parker and Chauncey Billups a better player than LeBron. And Charles Barkley, Karl Malone and Patrick Ewing while we're at it.

Man, it's funny to me. Homie got tears streamin "and this one's legit" while his boy sittin at home on his cell phone hopin a team is dumb enough to give him all the money in the world so he can't win chips.

Meanwhile, back in LA, the annual parade is being swept up, we moppin the floors with Pacific division banners, and Western Conference Finals gearis bein used to clean toilets, but XTA wants to keep yappin about imaginary Bron titles with Shaq, and woulda coulda shouldas, it's all funny to us. So why not add to the arguments a lil bit and see what other gems he might dish out?

Your insults are almost as pathetic as shooting 6-24 in a game 7 of the NBA finals. FYI, the only thing really bothering me about the Lakers winning is the Finals MVP robbery. We all know that the Lakers won. You won't have a hard time proving that. You will however have a much harder time proving that they won game 7 because of the guy you're stanning and not despite him.

You bore me dude, no offense.  I've gone round and round with you for years, it's pointless. I knowit, you know it, we all know it.

Just so you are sure, Kobe was MVP OF THE SERIES, NOT GAME 7. THE SERIES. ALL 7 GAMES.The whole thing, all of em. Do you get that?

Your boy Pau scored in the teens in 4 out of the 7 games clown. That says MVP to you? That's what a finals MVP does is it?Kobe's highest scoring game came in a loss. Pau's highest scoring game..........came in a loss.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Your arguments are pointless. The Celtics geared up to slow down and stop Kobe, not Pau. Ask them, they'll tell you.

So be sad, wipe thosetears lil homie, it'll take your boy Bron a looooooooooooong time to ever come close to anything Kobe's done. Hey, but congrats on that regular season trophy he got. That's impressive. Back to backregular season trophies. Wow, shiny. Bron and Nash got that shine on. Make sure you polish those bad boys just right.

LeBron and Nash? Those are the only two players you could come up with to make fun of LeBron's MVPs? I can find Adam Morrison, Sasha Vujacic, Brian Scalabrine, Darko Milicic, Mark Madsen, Bill Wennington, Randy Brown, Pete Chilcutt and many more who don't have these "regular season trophies" but have . And funny how these "regular season trophies" were so highly regarded by "Lakers" fans back in 2008, especially when Kobe made fun of Shaq in that commercial and yelled "Yeah %%+#%, MVP!". This was when Shaq had 4 rings, but Kobe had 3. Oddly enough, this "regular season award" was regarded much higher by "Lakers" fans then than it is now.

That's right Kobe stan, customize the criteria, customize. That's what you do best. When we're comparing Kobe and LeBron during the regular season on this forum, then it's not about the BEST PLAYER OVER 48 MINUTES, BUT WHO CAN HIT MORE GAME WINNERS. NOT 48 MINUTES. GAME WINNERS. Only game winners. Remember? But when Kobe chokes in the clutchest game in professional basketball, aka game 7 of the NBA Finals and is outperformed by Gasol, then it's suddenly the "whole series".

And by the way, "whole series" or not, Gasol is the MVP. Here are their numbers over the whole series:

Pau Gasol:

18.6 ppg on .478 fg%
11.6 rpg
3.7 apg
0.7 spg
2.7 bpg
1.9 topg

Kobe Bryant:

28.6 ppg on .405 fg%
8.0 rpg
3.9 apg
2.1 spg
0.7 bpg
3.9 topg

Kobe averaged 10 more points per game while taking 10+ shots more than Gasol per game, and shooting a considerably lower fg%. Not to mention averaging twice as many turnovers. Despite being a power forward, Gasol even averaged the same amount of assists as Kobe. Taking the clutch factor into consideration and how Gasol outperformed Kobe in the all-or-nothing game 7, anyone objective can see that Gasol is the true MVP.

And hey, no hard feelings,here's a high five...............

wink.gif

None whatsoever, right back at you. Here's a high six............

out of 24.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Man, it's funny to me.  Homie got tears streamin "and this one's legit" while his boy sittin at home on his cell phone hopin a team is dumb enough to give him all the money in the world so he can't win chips. 

Meanwhile, back in LA, the annual parade is being swept up, we moppin the floors with Pacific division banners, and Western Conference Finals gearis bein used to clean toilets, but XTA wants to keep yappin about imaginary Bron titles with Shaq, and woulda coulda shouldas, it's all funny to us.  So why not add to the arguments a lil bit and see what other gems he might dish out? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Keep taking shots at Lebron. When Lebron gets some help this summer and wins a ring (don't worry, he will once he gets some help), this dude CP1708 will be counting rings. There's no point in trying to convince CP with basketball related arguments. Keep callin Kobe the MVP of the series... everytime the Lakers needed a bucket they threw it in the post to Gasol
laugh.gif

Oh, and when Kobe has a horrible game 7, you bring up his play in the entire series
roll.gif
Of course..............................

Originally Posted by Proshares

Man, it's funny to me.  Homie got tears streamin "and this one's legit" while his boy sittin at home on his cell phone hopin a team is dumb enough to give him all the money in the world so he can't win chips. 

Meanwhile, back in LA, the annual parade is being swept up, we moppin the floors with Pacific division banners, and Western Conference Finals gearis bein used to clean toilets, but XTA wants to keep yappin about imaginary Bron titles with Shaq, and woulda coulda shouldas, it's all funny to us.  So why not add to the arguments a lil bit and see what other gems he might dish out? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Keep taking shots at Lebron. When Lebron gets some help this summer and wins a ring (don't worry, he will once he gets some help), this dude CP1708 will be counting rings. There's no point in trying to convince CP with basketball related arguments. Keep callin Kobe the MVP of the series... everytime the Lakers needed a bucket they threw it in the post to Gasol
laugh.gif

Oh, and when Kobe has a horrible game 7, you bring up his play in the entire series
roll.gif
Of course..............................

I've never seen dudes care so much that their favorite players has to be better than the next person; especially that dude Xtapolapacetl. Its like everytime some says Kobe > * or LeBron sucks, his feelings get hurt, so he has to go into body guard mode and protect his boy. I have never heard him say one thing negative about LeBron EVER. I know we have our fair share of Kobe #!@@ riders, but no one takes them serious except for him.

I've never seen dudes care so much that their favorite players has to be better than the next person; especially that dude Xtapolapacetl. Its like everytime some says Kobe > * or LeBron sucks, his feelings get hurt, so he has to go into body guard mode and protect his boy. I have never heard him say one thing negative about LeBron EVER. I know we have our fair share of Kobe #!@@ riders, but no one takes them serious except for him.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No prob, I like how I get called for "cusomizing" but all year this year, and all year last year I was told that Bron would be winning chips, and then he gets bounced, and then it would be next year, and then next year, and I keep waiting and waiting and waiting.......but I"M the one cusomizing my argument? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Once we get another guy to go with Bron, Mo, once we get another guy to go with Bron, Shaq, once we get another guy to go with Bron, Jamison........it goes on and on and on......

Customize. 
laugh.gif

Once Kobe got another guy to play on LA, Gasol, finals, title, title.  No Bynum, then Bynum, No Ariza, with Ariza, Ariza leaves, Artest comes in, same result, same same. 

How many more guys does Bron need added to his roster to win?  You know, besides the regular season that they play so well in. 

But it's cool, hang on to that 6-24 for all your worth.  Nevermind that entire article that pointed out not another player on the court that night shot well either, besides KG and Fish.  It was JUST Kobe that shot poorly, not everybody.  Nooooo. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Customize. 

Like how you have to Customize imaginary championships that Lebron WOULD have won if he played with Shaq. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Customize. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're alright with me Xtap, somebody gotta drive that shortbus around town on Sundays....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No prob, I like how I get called for "cusomizing" but all year this year, and all year last year I was told that Bron would be winning chips, and then he gets bounced, and then it would be next year, and then next year, and I keep waiting and waiting and waiting.......but I"M the one cusomizing my argument? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Once we get another guy to go with Bron, Mo, once we get another guy to go with Bron, Shaq, once we get another guy to go with Bron, Jamison........it goes on and on and on......

Customize. 
laugh.gif

Once Kobe got another guy to play on LA, Gasol, finals, title, title.  No Bynum, then Bynum, No Ariza, with Ariza, Ariza leaves, Artest comes in, same result, same same. 

How many more guys does Bron need added to his roster to win?  You know, besides the regular season that they play so well in. 

But it's cool, hang on to that 6-24 for all your worth.  Nevermind that entire article that pointed out not another player on the court that night shot well either, besides KG and Fish.  It was JUST Kobe that shot poorly, not everybody.  Nooooo. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Customize. 

Like how you have to Customize imaginary championships that Lebron WOULD have won if he played with Shaq. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Customize. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You're alright with me Xtap, somebody gotta drive that shortbus around town on Sundays....

LOL both ways.

XTA, You are right. Lebrons stats are out of this world. They really are. But we all know those stats aren't everything. It's nice to have won the regular season MVP 2 times but we all know Lebron would do anything to give up those awards for the 2 finals mvp's kobe has. While I do agree Kobe's Game 7 performance was horrible they can't give it to Pau only scoring in the teens. Has any Finals MVP scored in the teens? Hell If boston would have won I bet anything they would have given the award to PP and that is reach...

Now this whole thread was dumb to start because Boston's zone is different then anybody any others team zone and XTA did show the stats. It really didn't slow him down but I do believe his teamates didn't step up.

Now XTA you have to understand that since it isn't all about stats rings will be brought up. It's not fair but life ain't fair. Is Lebron a better player then Kobe? I honestly can't say he is IMO. Yes the stats support that but why doesn't he have a chip yet? He has had good squads around him. I can remember everybody saying how nobody could stop the Cavs yet when it mattered most the team failed again. The Lakers go into a game 7 lead by Kobe and win another title. I don't know what to say.

XTA I do respect the fact that you stick to your opioion. Your arguments are always strong. Keep it up.

LOL both ways.

XTA, You are right. Lebrons stats are out of this world. They really are. But we all know those stats aren't everything. It's nice to have won the regular season MVP 2 times but we all know Lebron would do anything to give up those awards for the 2 finals mvp's kobe has. While I do agree Kobe's Game 7 performance was horrible they can't give it to Pau only scoring in the teens. Has any Finals MVP scored in the teens? Hell If boston would have won I bet anything they would have given the award to PP and that is reach...

Now this whole thread was dumb to start because Boston's zone is different then anybody any others team zone and XTA did show the stats. It really didn't slow him down but I do believe his teamates didn't step up.

Now XTA you have to understand that since it isn't all about stats rings will be brought up. It's not fair but life ain't fair. Is Lebron a better player then Kobe? I honestly can't say he is IMO. Yes the stats support that but why doesn't he have a chip yet? He has had good squads around him. I can remember everybody saying how nobody could stop the Cavs yet when it mattered most the team failed again. The Lakers go into a game 7 lead by Kobe and win another title. I don't know what to say.

XTA I do respect the fact that you stick to your opioion. Your arguments are always strong. Keep it up.

I feel like some on the Kobe side want an admission from those on the LeBron side of things lately.

I maintained for the past few years on here, the Cavs weren't winning a title (although I thought they were a top 3, 4 team) because they were flawed structurally and philosophically, and conversely, the Lakers would win another title.

Never has changed anything in my mind. I expected this to be the case come the end of the year.

As said elsewhere, it's all opinion driven. I'm sick of arguing it. One side isn't going to change the way others think.

I feel like some on the Kobe side want an admission from those on the LeBron side of things lately.

I maintained for the past few years on here, the Cavs weren't winning a title (although I thought they were a top 3, 4 team) because they were flawed structurally and philosophically, and conversely, the Lakers would win another title.

Never has changed anything in my mind. I expected this to be the case come the end of the year.

As said elsewhere, it's all opinion driven. I'm sick of arguing it. One side isn't going to change the way others think.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You could be right, but that doesn't drive me. 

Dudes been on here reckless like a @#$%$#@#$% for years now, givin back in their face, that drives me. 

I could care less about Bron/Kobe, this that or the other.  I care about one thing, and one thing only, titles.  Lots of em.  I don't give a @#$% if Sasha Vujacic gets credit for winning the title, win the title. 

So XTAP is just taking the heat that is really reserved for OC.  Once he comes out after groundhog day, it'll really get bad around here. 
laugh.gif

But every year that he don't win, the desperation will grow and grow and grow.  Bettter happen soon.  Dead serious, he's closer to TMac status then he is Kobe status.  Think about that. 

Originally Posted by Al3xis

You could be right, but that doesn't drive me. 

Dudes been on here reckless like a @#$%$#@#$% for years now, givin back in their face, that drives me. 

I could care less about Bron/Kobe, this that or the other.  I care about one thing, and one thing only, titles.  Lots of em.  I don't give a @#$% if Sasha Vujacic gets credit for winning the title, win the title. 

So XTAP is just taking the heat that is really reserved for OC.  Once he comes out after groundhog day, it'll really get bad around here. 
laugh.gif

But every year that he don't win, the desperation will grow and grow and grow.  Bettter happen soon.  Dead serious, he's closer to TMac status then he is Kobe status.  Think about that. 

LeBron needs to win multiple ones, I'm with you 100% on that. But it doesn't really factor in to me who's best year in, year out individually. Still a team and organization accomplishment to a large extent.

titles become more of a career/legacy thing. Tim Duncan was winning titles in 2005, 2007 time frame..I didn't think he was a better player than Kobe at that point but he was beginning to get a leg up on him legacy wise.

LeBron needs to win multiple ones, I'm with you 100% on that. But it doesn't really factor in to me who's best year in, year out individually. Still a team and organization accomplishment to a large extent.

titles become more of a career/legacy thing. Tim Duncan was winning titles in 2005, 2007 time frame..I didn't think he was a better player than Kobe at that point but he was beginning to get a leg up on him legacy wise.

CP, I NEVER guaranteed that LeBron would win a championship with these Cavs, quit lying. I know it would be stupid from me to ask for posts quoting me for that, but it's still the truth that I've never made any claims that the Cavs would be champions with this coach (now fired) and this supporting cast. The day the Cavs signed Shaq I pointed out how there's no way that he will be enough to help Bron get the ring since he was the same age as Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon and David Robinson when their numbers plummeted and they became borderline scrubs. And the same thing happened to Shaq this past season.

And I've NEVER customized my criteria for ranking individual basketball player and I never will, like "Lakers" fans did multiple 180s between the 1999-2002, 2004-2007 and 2007-2010 periods. I've always pointed out Michael Jordan's 5 MVPs and stats before pointing out his rings and pointed out how ridiculous it would be to say that a 1998 Michael Jordan was better than the 1988 Jordan because he was a champion.

CP, I NEVER guaranteed that LeBron would win a championship with these Cavs, quit lying. I know it would be stupid from me to ask for posts quoting me for that, but it's still the truth that I've never made any claims that the Cavs would be champions with this coach (now fired) and this supporting cast. The day the Cavs signed Shaq I pointed out how there's no way that he will be enough to help Bron get the ring since he was the same age as Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon and David Robinson when their numbers plummeted and they became borderline scrubs. And the same thing happened to Shaq this past season.

And I've NEVER customized my criteria for ranking individual basketball player and I never will, like "Lakers" fans did multiple 180s between the 1999-2002, 2004-2007 and 2007-2010 periods. I've always pointed out Michael Jordan's 5 MVPs and stats before pointing out his rings and pointed out how ridiculous it would be to say that a 1998 Michael Jordan was better than the 1988 Jordan because he was a champion.

Back
Top Bottom