Did Jay Cutler quit on his team??? vol. NFL Players Think So

preach. a lot of players from around the league made themselves look foolish after their comments.
Like I said, jay cutler would have played if he was able. all the talk about him standing up is also dumb, as you can most definitely walk even on a torn acl

some people 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Didnt Phillip Rivers play on a torn ACL in the AFC Title Game?
nerd.gif
Different horses, I suppose.

Anyway, not sure why everyone is so mad. Hanie played 5x better than healthy Cutler did.
laugh.gif

Since when is a pulled QB not allowed to return, in Collins' case?

NFL rule.  Always has been as far as I know.  If you use 3 roster QBs in a game, once the third one goes in, barring injury, he HAS to by rule finish the game.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by DubA169

"They made the decision (that) to give Todd (Collins) a shot would better suit the team.''

there you go. it had nothing to do with cutler wondering the pros and cons of playing with an injury. nothing to do with cutler consciously making a decision not to play so he wouldn't ruin his career.

he couldn't play. that's fine. i still think his demeanor was terrible but fine.
Now we're unto demeanor
roll.gif

What next? Taht he doesn't do this after every bears touchdown?

41783_2201151921_6141_n.jpg

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Didnt Phillip Rivers play on a torn ACL in the AFC Title Game?
nerd.gif
Different horses, I suppose.

Anyway, not sure why everyone is so mad. Hanie played 5x better than healthy Cutler did.
laugh.gif

Since when is a pulled QB not allowed to return, in Collins' case?

NFL rule.  Always has been as far as I know.  If you use 3 roster QBs in a game, once the third one goes in, barring injury, he HAS to by rule finish the game.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by DubA169

"They made the decision (that) to give Todd (Collins) a shot would better suit the team.''

there you go. it had nothing to do with cutler wondering the pros and cons of playing with an injury. nothing to do with cutler consciously making a decision not to play so he wouldn't ruin his career.

he couldn't play. that's fine. i still think his demeanor was terrible but fine.
Now we're unto demeanor
roll.gif

What next? Taht he doesn't do this after every bears touchdown?

41783_2201151921_6141_n.jpg

laugh.gif

hate Cutler and pretty much everyone thats ever played for the Broncos but all these comments about him are $%%!!!%%. unbelievable.

hate Cutler and pretty much everyone thats ever played for the Broncos but all these comments about him are $%%!!!%%. unbelievable.

This is why I don't care what medical staff has to say, or what anyone has to say if you have heart, and you know this game is important you're gonna play no matter what. We've seen it in every sport from schilling's bloody ankle, to jordan's flu game, to willis reed come back. 

This is why I don't care what medical staff has to say, or what anyone has to say if you have heart, and you know this game is important you're gonna play no matter what. We've seen it in every sport from schilling's bloody ankle, to jordan's flu game, to willis reed come back. 

So Chicago fans burned Jay's jersey. Will there be an outrage about them doing what Cavs fans did?

So Chicago fans burned Jay's jersey. Will there be an outrage about them doing what Cavs fans did?

It's stupid to say Cutler quit. I'm a die hard Bears fan, always have been always will be. I can admit that I was pissed for a moment when he was out, but I waited to see the injury. I'm disgusted by Bears fans who think he quit and burned his jersey. Idiots. These are the same fans that praise his play in good games, like last week against Seattle. It disgusts me.

Cutler didn't quit. He torn a ligament, meaning it's impossible to put pressure down and plant your foot to throw. Hence why the one pass in the 2nd half he threw was off target. Cutler lobbied to stay in the game, but the trainers advised Lovie and him that it wouldn't be smart. Usually when trainers make the call, it's protecting a players future. The Bears would be dumb to throw out the franchise quarterback with a torn ligament. If he were to further damage it, he's looking at 6-9 months out..

Also, I think the reason people were upset was because of how the commentators describe the incident. They ruled Cutler "Questionable" after his second half drive, when really Lovie Smith ruled him "out". There's a big difference from questionable and out. Buck, Aikman and Oliver screwed that one up.

It's stupid to say Cutler quit. I'm a die hard Bears fan, always have been always will be. I can admit that I was pissed for a moment when he was out, but I waited to see the injury. I'm disgusted by Bears fans who think he quit and burned his jersey. Idiots. These are the same fans that praise his play in good games, like last week against Seattle. It disgusts me.

Cutler didn't quit. He torn a ligament, meaning it's impossible to put pressure down and plant your foot to throw. Hence why the one pass in the 2nd half he threw was off target. Cutler lobbied to stay in the game, but the trainers advised Lovie and him that it wouldn't be smart. Usually when trainers make the call, it's protecting a players future. The Bears would be dumb to throw out the franchise quarterback with a torn ligament. If he were to further damage it, he's looking at 6-9 months out..

Also, I think the reason people were upset was because of how the commentators describe the incident. They ruled Cutler "Questionable" after his second half drive, when really Lovie Smith ruled him "out". There's a big difference from questionable and out. Buck, Aikman and Oliver screwed that one up.

I don't understand why Bears fans are goin to the extreme of burnin his jerseys & %!%+.. From the time he went out til the end of the gm I don't think he couldve done much more of a better job than the QB who came in, they still had a good chance to tie the game at the end

I don't understand why Bears fans are goin to the extreme of burnin his jerseys & %!%+.. From the time he went out til the end of the gm I don't think he couldve done much more of a better job than the QB who came in, they still had a good chance to tie the game at the end

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

This is why I don't care what medical staff has to say, or what anyone has to say if you have heart, and you know this game is important you're gonna play no matter what. We've seen it in every sport from schilling's bloody ankle, to jordan's flu game, to willis reed come back.�

So making ONE THROW with an injury to your non-throwing shoulder is the same as trying to play an entire half on a knee with possibly torn ligaments?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you can't plant on your knee, that's not an injury that you can just "tough out" 

Originally Posted by GrizztheBoss

This is why I don't care what medical staff has to say, or what anyone has to say if you have heart, and you know this game is important you're gonna play no matter what. We've seen it in every sport from schilling's bloody ankle, to jordan's flu game, to willis reed come back.�

So making ONE THROW with an injury to your non-throwing shoulder is the same as trying to play an entire half on a knee with possibly torn ligaments?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If you can't plant on your knee, that's not an injury that you can just "tough out" 

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by ehh

My sophomore year my roommate tore his ACL (bball) and played another 3-4 minutes before coming out.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This did not happen

Garrison Hearst played his entire college career on a torn ACL. He never knew he tore it and kept on. didnt find out until the NFL Combine.

it does happen.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by ehh

My sophomore year my roommate tore his ACL (bball) and played another 3-4 minutes before coming out.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This did not happen

Garrison Hearst played his entire college career on a torn ACL. He never knew he tore it and kept on. didnt find out until the NFL Combine.

it does happen.

Hard to judge without all the info but it is his demeanor and attitude that has people peeved and questioning. If this happens to Tom, Ben it Phillip and they don't come back, nobody would assume they could. But need more info

Hard to judge without all the info but it is his demeanor and attitude that has people peeved and questioning. If this happens to Tom, Ben it Phillip and they don't come back, nobody would assume they could. But need more info

Back
Top Bottom