Did Jordan play in a watered down era ?

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by KenJi714

From the time I have been a member the op has certified himself as the biggest Kobe stan on this board. He takes every and any oppurtunity he can to discredit Jordan, it's embarrassing. To answer the question, which doesn't even deserve the time of day...HELL NO.
and from what i have observed . You're one of the biggest Kobe hater on this board
I stand corrected, you are hands down the biggest Kobe stan on this board. OP gives you a run for your money though.
laugh.gif
 @ calling me a Kobe hater, the only thing I dislike about Kobe are his shoes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at this back and forth conversation

Originally Posted by KenJi714

From the time I have been a member the op has certified himself as the biggest Kobe stan on this board. He takes every and any oppurtunity he can to discredit Jordan, it's embarrassing. To answer the question, which doesn't even deserve the time of day...HELL NO.
and from what i have observed . You're one of the biggest Kobe hater on this board
I stand corrected, you are hands down the biggest Kobe stan on this board. OP gives you a run for your money though.
laugh.gif
 @ calling me a Kobe hater, the only thing I dislike about Kobe are his shoes.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
at this back and forth conversation

wow really? jordan is if anything was UNDERRATED YEAH I SAID IT GO BACK AND WATCH REFRESH YOUR MEMORY then say something. theres no argument . he was the greatest. 

wow really? jordan is if anything was UNDERRATED YEAH I SAID IT GO BACK AND WATCH REFRESH YOUR MEMORY then say something. theres no argument . he was the greatest. 

Sorry, I don't know how to embed..

And this comment caught me:

"When people try & pull that "watered down" argument, I ALWAYS mention that 1996 & '97, 10 of 29 teams in the league won 52+ games, That's 34.5%, the highest % EVER in league history.

$!+* MJ & the bulls beat "7" 60+ win teams in their 6 ring seasons. ."

How was it watered down?

The nba was more physical than it is now, there was more skilled players then than there are now.  Players now might be more athletic but that doesn't mean it's any less.  Players then were determined to win, guys now just don't care.  Guys now are more worried about off the court stuff. 

How was it watered down?

The nba was more physical than it is now, there was more skilled players then than there are now.  Players now might be more athletic but that doesn't mean it's any less.  Players then were determined to win, guys now just don't care.  Guys now are more worried about off the court stuff. 

Sorry, I don't know how to embed..

"When people try & pull that "watered down" argument, I ALWAYS mention that 1996 & '97, 10 of 29 teams in the league won 52+ games, That's 34.5%, the highest % EVER in league history.

have you guys consider that the guards being over shadowed not only by jordan and also the fact tat teams were focused on the center position, meaning that the guards dont get to do wat they want aka inflate their stats?

n plus human tend to have flash memories only reason y we think today players are good is cuz of the highlights they put out, well i have to agree that highlight on espn are probably more exciting than ones in the 90s n so we think the guards today are more athletic and talented than guards back but is tat true... can guards of the 90s not do those stuff?? cant really answer

but we can argue 90 have a tougher def scheme, no def 3 sec aka center just standing in the middle, hand check - a single nudge can decrease your vert and speed when attacking the basket

overall just sayin there are a lot of factors that needed to be consider, but we cannot diminish the fact that michael jordan plays every single game like its his last and most importantly his a freaking winner...never disappoint when it comes to the biggest stage

have you guys consider that the guards being over shadowed not only by jordan and also the fact tat teams were focused on the center position, meaning that the guards dont get to do wat they want aka inflate their stats?

n plus human tend to have flash memories only reason y we think today players are good is cuz of the highlights they put out, well i have to agree that highlight on espn are probably more exciting than ones in the 90s n so we think the guards today are more athletic and talented than guards back but is tat true... can guards of the 90s not do those stuff?? cant really answer

but we can argue 90 have a tougher def scheme, no def 3 sec aka center just standing in the middle, hand check - a single nudge can decrease your vert and speed when attacking the basket

overall just sayin there are a lot of factors that needed to be consider, but we cannot diminish the fact that michael jordan plays every single game like its his last and most importantly his a freaking winner...never disappoint when it comes to the biggest stage

AMEN########

AMEN########

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by trunks206

And another example of how Jordan had the luxury of roaming around free because other than the big men. The guards were inferior and present no competition to Jordan
gary-payton-nba.jpg

Stop it. Please.
Jordan is 2 inches taller than Gary and was way more atheltic. And beside Gary , who else was worthy of being good enough ? Clearly Jordan had it easy at his position
GP was a PG... there were a few dope SG's in the 90's .. ask jordan if it was easy playing the knicks or pacers in 6 or 7 ... or was utah's trapping defense easy to navigate.. what about trying to stop Barkley from going off in the finals... if jordan didnt get doubled it was a 60 percent chance that the shot was going in..  basketball is a team sport.. and jordan  carried his team offensively every night while playing crackhead Defense against oppsing players.. 
- steve smith 

- reggie miller 

- john starks were all stars at some point and from watching the games back then the defense was waaaay more tougher than todays rules... if jordan played in his prime this decade he would avg 40 a gm easy...

no hand check??? 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

And another example of how Jordan had the luxury of roaming around free because other than the big men. The guards were inferior and present no competition to Jordan
gary-payton-nba.jpg

Stop it. Please.
Jordan is 2 inches taller than Gary and was way more atheltic. And beside Gary , who else was worthy of being good enough ? Clearly Jordan had it easy at his position
GP was a PG... there were a few dope SG's in the 90's .. ask jordan if it was easy playing the knicks or pacers in 6 or 7 ... or was utah's trapping defense easy to navigate.. what about trying to stop Barkley from going off in the finals... if jordan didnt get doubled it was a 60 percent chance that the shot was going in..  basketball is a team sport.. and jordan  carried his team offensively every night while playing crackhead Defense against oppsing players.. 
- steve smith 

- reggie miller 

- john starks were all stars at some point and from watching the games back then the defense was waaaay more tougher than todays rules... if jordan played in his prime this decade he would avg 40 a gm easy...

no hand check??? 
roll.gif

The league did get diluted in the 90s thanks to (over)expansion.

But that doesn't take away what Jordan and the Bulls did during that period of time.

The league did get diluted in the 90s thanks to (over)expansion.

But that doesn't take away what Jordan and the Bulls did during that period of time.

this thread is horrible from start to bottom...
i expect this from a young lakers/kobe stan.

Cats have forgot how Great jordan and the crew really was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They played against some monster teams and found a way to beat them year in and year out..

Pacers,Heat,Knicks,Magic , and the jazz. ?  weak watered down ? hell no

this thread is horrible from start to bottom...
i expect this from a young lakers/kobe stan.

Cats have forgot how Great jordan and the crew really was 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

They played against some monster teams and found a way to beat them year in and year out..

Pacers,Heat,Knicks,Magic , and the jazz. ?  weak watered down ? hell no

1988-89 - 81 G, .538 FG%, .850 FT%, 8.0 RPG, 8.0 APG, 2.9 STL, 32.5 PPG

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Gross!

This man was a god on the court. GOAT. My dude almost averaged a triple double while still getting 32 Points.
30t6p3b.gif

1988-89 - 81 G, .538 FG%, .850 FT%, 8.0 RPG, 8.0 APG, 2.9 STL, 32.5 PPG

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Gross!

This man was a god on the court. GOAT. My dude almost averaged a triple double while still getting 32 Points.
30t6p3b.gif

jordan had an invincible team.and he himself was awesome on top of that.
like the times the tried to double MJ, scottie would drop like 35.
then the next team would be like "oh !@*! dont do that."
then MJ drops 50.
it just kept going like that for 6 seasons.
7 for scottie. cause when MJ missed that season, scottie was droppin 25+ every game.

jordan had as much competion as kobe does.
hes just a lil better. well... we'll see this season, but thats another matter entirely.

jordan had an invincible team.and he himself was awesome on top of that.
like the times the tried to double MJ, scottie would drop like 35.
then the next team would be like "oh !@*! dont do that."
then MJ drops 50.
it just kept going like that for 6 seasons.
7 for scottie. cause when MJ missed that season, scottie was droppin 25+ every game.

jordan had as much competion as kobe does.
hes just a lil better. well... we'll see this season, but thats another matter entirely.

Back
Top Bottom