Did Jordan play in a watered down era ?

C'mon dude don't act like my man Dave Corzine wasn't a force! Jordan also had Kyle Macy and John Paxson as his backcourt mates, of course they should've defeated Boston!

Originally Posted by BlazerFan

The 86 Bulls and young Mike were swept by Boston losing by 4, 9, & 11 respectively. Why don't you go look at who young Mike was working with compared to when they won their titles. So this "they wouldn't have won 6 and it's not debatable" crap is utter garbage. It's two different eras making it all completely debatable.

*Sips*
Dude, that was the '87 playoffs (and just know that Kevin McHale played those entire playoffs on a broken foot). Jordan had his 63 point game in Game 2 of '86, but aside from that, Boston destroyed them (123-104, 122-104 in the other games).

The '86 Celtics were a juggernaut. They lost ONE home game the entire season, including playoffs. They knew they were unbeatable at home, so they got bored and mailed in a bunch of road games.

i was watching some 90's games this whole day and ya'll act like everyone was throwing punches and shoving with no calls
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They had their fair amount of calls especially MJ, couldn't breathe on him
laugh.gif

Yea the 90's was more rough but many act like once the 90's ended and MJ retired RIGHT AWAY the league was soft.

i was watching some 90's games this whole day and ya'll act like everyone was throwing punches and shoving with no calls
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

They had their fair amount of calls especially MJ, couldn't breathe on him
laugh.gif

Yea the 90's was more rough but many act like once the 90's ended and MJ retired RIGHT AWAY the league was soft.

The 86 Bulls and young Mike were swept by Boston losing by 4, 9, & 11 respectively. Why don't you go look at who young Mike was working with compared to when they won their titles. So this "they wouldn't have won 6 and it's not debatable" crap is utter garbage. It's two different eras making it all completely debatable.

*Sips*
Dude, that was the '87 playoffs (and just know that Kevin McHale played those entire playoffs on a broken foot). Jordan had his 63 point game in Game 2 of '86, but aside from that, Boston destroyed them (123-104, 122-104 in the other games).

The '86 Celtics were a juggernaut. They lost ONE home game the entire season, including playoffs. They knew they were unbeatable at home, so they got bored and mailed in a bunch of road games.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

*Sips*

Cool.

*Sips*

Cool.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

This is by far the dumbest thread I've read on NT.
My literal reaction reading the title and some posts

1295841185973.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

This is by far the dumbest thread I've read on NT.
My literal reaction reading the title and some posts

1295841185973.gif

*Sips*

Still the 86' Bulls.  Tell me something I don't know.
Okay, I'll bite: The '87 Bulls had one more year experience than when they lost the previous season, so they're not "still the '86 Bulls." The Celtics had just been to the Finals three years in a row, winning two. The Celtics began to break down in '87 physically (as I said, McHale played on a broken foot for the end of it) and emotionally (Len Bias). The Bulls played better against a worn-out team they had experience against. In '86, at full health, the Celtics ran through the eastern playoffs with only one loss. The '87 Celtics struggled to make the Finals, going seven games twice just to get there. Keep in mind they went four years in a row when the league was at its competitive apex. They got run out of the gym by the Lakers. They were completely worn out by those playoffs.

*Sips*

Okay, I'll bite: The '87 Bulls had one more year experience than when they lost the previous season, so they're not "still the '86 Bulls." The Celtics had just been to the Finals three years in a row, winning two. The Celtics began to break down in '87 physically (as I said, McHale played on a broken foot for the end of it) and emotionally (Len Bias). The Bulls played better against a worn-out team they had experience against. In '86, at full health, the Celtics ran through the eastern playoffs with only one loss. The '87 Celtics struggled to make the Finals, going seven games twice just to get there. Keep in mind they went four years in a row when the league was at its competitive apex. They got run out of the gym by the Lakers. They were completely worn out by those playoffs.

Nevermind the semantics of 86' or 86-87.  You are missing the point.  Those teams are still referred to as some of the best teams in league history and MJ was just getting his feet wet with a weak supporting cast.  I don't take offense to the greatness of those teams... I got a box full of beta tapes to remind me.  I take offense to the notion that MJ's title teams couldn't run with them.   

Nevermind the semantics of 86' or 86-87.  You are missing the point.  Those teams are still referred to as some of the best teams in league history and MJ was just getting his feet wet with a weak supporting cast.  I don't take offense to the greatness of those teams... I got a box full of beta tapes to remind me.  I take offense to the notion that MJ's title teams couldn't run with them.   

at the end of the day, anyone that thinks the 90's bulls would've won 6 titles in the 1980's is delusional and should tattoo a pink jumpman logo on their lower back. hell put the 80's lakers in the east during those years and they don't get 5 titles either due to how good the strong teams in the east were during that time that they would have to battle each year just go make it to the finals.

philly in the early 80's were a dominant team, the celtics from 80-87 were in the mix of things year in year out and went to 5 finals over that 8 season stretch, then at the end of the 80's you had the bad boy pistons who were coming into their own and are one of the more underated teams in nba history. the east playoffs were a dogfight back then, and after a team would come out the east they would have to face the showtime lakers.

honestly with the level of competition and how competetive the eastern conference was in the 1980's the fact that the celtics won 3 titles during that stretch is reai mpressive in my eyes seeing that they had a much tougher road to the finals then the lakers would.

at the end of the day, anyone that thinks the 90's bulls would've won 6 titles in the 1980's is delusional and should tattoo a pink jumpman logo on their lower back. hell put the 80's lakers in the east during those years and they don't get 5 titles either due to how good the strong teams in the east were during that time that they would have to battle each year just go make it to the finals.

philly in the early 80's were a dominant team, the celtics from 80-87 were in the mix of things year in year out and went to 5 finals over that 8 season stretch, then at the end of the 80's you had the bad boy pistons who were coming into their own and are one of the more underated teams in nba history. the east playoffs were a dogfight back then, and after a team would come out the east they would have to face the showtime lakers.

honestly with the level of competition and how competetive the eastern conference was in the 1980's the fact that the celtics won 3 titles during that stretch is reai mpressive in my eyes seeing that they had a much tougher road to the finals then the lakers would.

who's saying that?  your not being realistic though.

from what im getting at, you really think the 90's bulls would win 6 titles in the 1980's against teams that actually won stuff themselves and are regarded as some of the best teams in nba history, (which the 90's bulls are regarded as also).   bottom line, but the bulls in their prime in the 1980's their not winning 6, but boston and the lakers don't win as many titles as they ended up winning during that time as well.

from what im getting at, you really think the 90's bulls would win 6 titles in the 1980's against teams that actually won stuff themselves and are regarded as some of the best teams in nba history, (which the 90's bulls are regarded as also).   bottom line, but the bulls in their prime in the 1980's their not winning 6, but boston and the lakers don't win as many titles as they ended up winning during that time as well.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

We'll never know is the point and all this not winning 6 is just hot air.  All we do know is the man never lost in the Finals.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

We'll never know is the point and all this not winning 6 is just hot air.  All we do know is the man never lost in the Finals.

The league had more than a few bum shooting guards in the 90's, but the NBA wasn't watered down at all

The league had more than a few bum shooting guards in the 90's, but the NBA wasn't watered down at all

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Not only did Jordan play in a watered down era, but he was allowed to handcheck! Not to mention people didn't have the technology of today - players today are better plus they can make hella modifications to themselves to make themselves even better -

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This %!++ quickly moving from bad to worse.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by 6dollaBURGER

Not only did Jordan play in a watered down era, but he was allowed to handcheck! Not to mention people didn't have the technology of today - players today are better plus they can make hella modifications to themselves to make themselves even better -

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
This %!++ quickly moving from bad to worse.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by JoeClear

The league added four teams in '88 and '89. That waters things down tremendously.

Originally Posted by JoeClear

The league added four teams in '88 and '89. That waters things down tremendously.

Back
Top Bottom