Did Jordan play in a watered down era ?

JA, you must know that I've been bringing the sarcasm in my two posts in here bro
laugh.gif
either that or you think I'm ++%%+#! dumb
laugh.gif

This question will always come down to perspective.

IMO, the 91-95 Knicks could have competed with any team in this "era". They were built just like the Mavericks, sans having a true go-to "star" like Dirk.

Also, the 94-97 Rockets, 95-97 Sonics, 97-99 Jazz, late 90s Pacers... all solid teams.

I think one of the major issues here is the 90s didn't produce as many sneaker selling superstars (AI, VC, Barkley, KG toward the end). Pacers didn't have a single big time marketable player, but they were SOLID. Hakeem didn't have a Nike shoe, but who from this era was going to shut him down? You guys really want to downplay the significance of Stockton and Malone being on the same team, on top of having a guy who could probably start at the 2 for 98% of today's teams in Hornacek?

I don't think the era was watered down by any means.

This question will always come down to perspective.

IMO, the 91-95 Knicks could have competed with any team in this "era". They were built just like the Mavericks, sans having a true go-to "star" like Dirk.

Also, the 94-97 Rockets, 95-97 Sonics, 97-99 Jazz, late 90s Pacers... all solid teams.

I think one of the major issues here is the 90s didn't produce as many sneaker selling superstars (AI, VC, Barkley, KG toward the end). Pacers didn't have a single big time marketable player, but they were SOLID. Hakeem didn't have a Nike shoe, but who from this era was going to shut him down? You guys really want to downplay the significance of Stockton and Malone being on the same team, on top of having a guy who could probably start at the 2 for 98% of today's teams in Hornacek?

I don't think the era was watered down by any means.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You can be nitpicky and talk about other Championship teams too though.

You can go ahead and call the Knicks, Jazz teams watered down, but the 2001 beat the very weak Jailblazers, the Kings who never won anything, the Spurs (good team), and the Allen Iversons.

2002, same script, except they beat the almighty Nets.
roll.gif

2000, similar story. Kings, Suns, Blazers, and Pacers. Ehh.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh my God. 

Matt Barkley saw the same thing I did.  The 92 Cavs, tough The 2001 and 2002 Kings, 2000 Blazers, and the Spurs back to back years, eh. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Those espy's really @#$%^& dude up. 

You can go ahead and call the Knicks, Jazz teams watered down, but the 2001 beat the very weak Jailblazers, the Kings who never won anything, the Spurs (good team), and the Allen Iversons.

roll.gif

2000, similar story. Kings, Suns, Blazers, and Pacers. Ehh.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Oh my God. 

Matt Barkley saw the same thing I did.  The 92 Cavs, tough The 2001 and 2002 Kings, 2000 Blazers, and the Spurs back to back years, eh. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

if jordans bulls were in their prime in the 1980's with the showtime lakers, the celtics in their prime, the bad boy pistons from 89 and 90, and the early 80's 76ers teams. they would still win rings but not as many. especially playing in the east and going against teams that knew how to win as well and then after coming out the east having meet the showtime lakers in the finals.

all in all jordans bulls would win titles in the 80's but not as many due to the competition and that's a fact.

if jordans bulls were in their prime in the 1980's with the showtime lakers, the celtics in their prime, the bad boy pistons from 89 and 90, and the early 80's 76ers teams. they would still win rings but not as many. especially playing in the east and going against teams that knew how to win as well and then after coming out the east having meet the showtime lakers in the finals.

all in all jordans bulls would win titles in the 80's but not as many due to the competition and that's a fact.

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

2000, similar story. Kings, Suns, Blazers, and Pacers. Ehh
Oh my God. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not trying to say that the Kings were better, my point is, both were regular 50+ win-teams that never even made it to the Finals.

The Spurs and Kings were good teams, but so were the Knicks and Jazz that Jordan beat.

My point was, if you wouldn't try to twist my words every single time you read something to what you want to hear, that it's not like every single championship team plays absolutely great teams in each round. Exactly my point with the Nets, Sixers, and Pacers. People talking like Jordan played against watered down competition.

Jesus Christ you old people.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif

2000, similar story. Kings, Suns, Blazers, and Pacers. Ehh
Oh my God. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not trying to say that the Kings were better, my point is, both were regular 50+ win-teams that never even made it to the Finals.

The Spurs and Kings were good teams, but so were the Knicks and Jazz that Jordan beat.

My point was, if you wouldn't try to twist my words every single time you read something to what you want to hear, that it's not like every single championship team plays absolutely great teams in each round. Exactly my point with the Nets, Sixers, and Pacers. People talking like Jordan played against watered down competition.

Jesus Christ you old people.
30t6p3b.gif

I can name somewhere around 20 players from the later 80s and 90s who are considered top 50 players ever. In this era? Maybe 15, but 8 of them were playing in the 90s when Jordan was still in the league so they are null and void anyway. If anything this era is watered down because of the soft rules they implemented that have stopped defensive players from being able to take out great players from games.

I can name somewhere around 20 players from the later 80s and 90s who are considered top 50 players ever. In this era? Maybe 15, but 8 of them were playing in the 90s when Jordan was still in the league so they are null and void anyway. If anything this era is watered down because of the soft rules they implemented that have stopped defensive players from being able to take out great players from games.

jordan is jordan i just was watching the 91 finals man go back and watch ,jordan and paxson put in work on court but yeah once the bulls became a real solid core team
after a few years they were unstoppabull together thats just the way it was no team had what they had and it wasnt just the g.o.a.t it was a hell of a team with the g.o.a.t pushin them to the max 

jordan is jordan i just was watching the 91 finals man go back and watch ,jordan and paxson put in work on court but yeah once the bulls became a real solid core team
after a few years they were unstoppabull together thats just the way it was no team had what they had and it wasnt just the g.o.a.t it was a hell of a team with the g.o.a.t pushin them to the max 

Wow, you can tell who never watched the games.

Worst thread in the history of Sports & Training, you kids have too much time on your hands with no games on.

Worst thread in the history of Sports & Training, you kids have too much time on your hands with no games on.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

This man speaks this truth. Ska lock this crappy thread up
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

This man speaks this truth. Ska lock this crappy thread up
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Jordan played against players who were much more skilled than
the players of today. Back then all the stars had better field goal
percentages and defense was tougher with the hand checking that
was allowed. Ewing, Shaq, Smits, Olajuwon, Mutumbo, Morning were
the best centers then and now you only have one in Dwight. The NBA
of today is watered down as far as big men. It's more of a guard type
of era now and Mike and the rest of the Bulls would have destroyed
anybody if they were playing today in their prime. His era was the
toughest I've ever seen in the NBA since I've been watching it.

Jordan played against players who were much more skilled than
the players of today. Back then all the stars had better field goal
percentages and defense was tougher with the hand checking that
was allowed. Ewing, Shaq, Smits, Olajuwon, Mutumbo, Morning were
the best centers then and now you only have one in Dwight. The NBA
of today is watered down as far as big men. It's more of a guard type
of era now and Mike and the rest of the Bulls would have destroyed
anybody if they were playing today in their prime. His era was the
toughest I've ever seen in the NBA since I've been watching it.

Back
Top Bottom