Did Jordan play in a watered down era ?

Originally Posted by LDJ

i mean out of all those championships the sonics were the only team at the same level as far as time in the league is concerned. the utah team major players were aging ot basically rookies or just comming into their careers. Those bulls teams basically had a team full of seasoned vets with not even a handfull of rooks etc or aging players.
No aging players? Jordan? Pippen? Rodman? Harper? Their whole damn starting line-up was aging, except for Longley.

Originally Posted by LDJ

i mean out of all those championships the sonics were the only team at the same level as far as time in the league is concerned. the utah team major players were aging ot basically rookies or just comming into their careers. Those bulls teams basically had a team full of seasoned vets with not even a handfull of rooks etc or aging players.
No aging players? Jordan? Pippen? Rodman? Harper? Their whole damn starting line-up was aging, except for Longley.

You can be nitpicky and talk about other Championship teams too though.

You can go ahead and call the Knicks, Jazz teams watered down, but the 2001 beat the very weak Jailblazers, the Kings who never won anything, the Spurs (good team), and the Allen Iversons.

2002, same script, except they beat the almighty Nets.
roll.gif

2000, similar story. Kings, Suns, Blazers, and Pacers. Ehh.

You can be nitpicky and talk about other Championship teams too though.

You can go ahead and call the Knicks, Jazz teams watered down, but the 2001 beat the very weak Jailblazers, the Kings who never won anything, the Spurs (good team), and the Allen Iversons.

2002, same script, except they beat the almighty Nets.
roll.gif

2000, similar story. Kings, Suns, Blazers, and Pacers. Ehh.

I can barely get a finger on somebody today before its a whistle. Guys going to the free throw line 25 times likes its nothin

I can barely get a finger on somebody today before its a whistle. Guys going to the free throw line 25 times likes its nothin

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

That doesnt even apply to Jordan, though.
You couldn't breathe on MJ
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

That doesnt even apply to Jordan, though.
You couldn't breathe on MJ
laugh.gif

That Pistons team the Bulls beat were coming off a ship the year before, so I don't get that logic.

That Pistons team the Bulls beat were coming off a ship the year before, so I don't get that logic.

I mean outside of hella modifications to themselves to make themselves better, the rims were even shorter during that time - don't get me started on the three pt line being thinner

I mean outside of hella modifications to themselves to make themselves better, the rims were even shorter during that time - don't get me started on the three pt line being thinner

The latter half of his career he definitely did.

From his last two Championships with the Bull onto his stint with the Wizards, the league had a lot of aging stars and the up and coming dudes were just getting into the league, or hadn't entered yet.

It doesn't diminish anything he accomplished though. He was still dominant and before his first retirement the league was stacked with HOF talents in their primes.

The latter half of his career he definitely did.

From his last two Championships with the Bull onto his stint with the Wizards, the league had a lot of aging stars and the up and coming dudes were just getting into the league, or hadn't entered yet.

It doesn't diminish anything he accomplished though. He was still dominant and before his first retirement the league was stacked with HOF talents in their primes.

Those teams & players aren't what I would consider watered down. There were a lot of legends in that era & a lot of great teams... More so than now.

Those teams & players aren't what I would consider watered down. There were a lot of legends in that era & a lot of great teams... More so than now.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Joe Dumar, Isiah, Magic, Bird, Moses, Worthy, Kareem were great 80s players but were more of washed up players when they were in the 90s. Hence my point Jordan only did it when those player were on the decline in the late 80s, early 90s. And then look at the competition and the SG, PG Jordan faced in the 90s. It's not even fair for other team lol. Jordan pretty much play undersized and unathletic SG and PG through out his careers

Fair enough. But let's look at who the Bulls beat.

That Jazz team is not overrated in no way. They kind of had it easy in 1998, that's fine. The Bullets were young when they beat em in 97, but Strickland, Juwan, and Webber was a tough young team. Then beating Mash, Zo, and Timmy, and Thunder Dan in Miami. Are the 90s Knicks watered down? I wouldn't think so. What about Shaq and Penny? People thought they'd be what Shaq and Kobe ended up being, except better. And don't take that wrong. The hype for Penny and Shaq was ridiculous. Shaq and Kobe weren't really recognized as being great before they won anything. That was the second three-peat.

He beat the Knicks again in the 91 Playoffs. Ewing, Oakley, Mark Jackson, Wilkins, those cats were all there. Then they beat Hershey and Charles in Philly. Were the two-time defending Champs "old and done in 91?" Isiah, Joe D, all those dudes were still there. They made it to the ECF. But then the Bulls came into town and kicked their *@%. Beating the Lakers that year as well. Magic and Worthy washed up? Ehhhhhhh. Knicks, Philly, Detroit, and LA all in 91. That's not watered down.

The Glen Rice Heat wasn't a great team, no. They once again beat the Knicks. That Cavs team in 92 is a bit underrated, they were damn good that year. Jordan was just better. That same Cavs team dethroned the legendary (though older) Celtics in their last run. Also beating Clyde, Terry, and Cliff was a hell of a feat. 1992. (On a sidenote, there's one player I'd really love to see and how he'd play in today's game, that's Drexler, I think he'd do SO well, especially with defenses being as soft as they are now compared to what they were).

Then in 1993, Nique, Kevin Willis, Augmon, and Blaylock. Watered down in ATL? Ehh. They beat the Cavs again, who were quite frankly what the Mavericks were of this era. Great regular season team. They beat the Knicks again, again, not watered down. If Charles were ever to win a ring, it would have been in 93. KJ, Thunder Dan, Barkley all playing at their top game. Again, not watered down.

laugh.gif
 comedy the 92 cavs team was underrated while the kings team the lakers beat were overrated and never won anything. you gotta love arguments that fit your agenda (not that i even understand how the lakers fit into this thread/topic)

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Joe Dumar, Isiah, Magic, Bird, Moses, Worthy, Kareem were great 80s players but were more of washed up players when they were in the 90s. Hence my point Jordan only did it when those player were on the decline in the late 80s, early 90s. And then look at the competition and the SG, PG Jordan faced in the 90s. It's not even fair for other team lol. Jordan pretty much play undersized and unathletic SG and PG through out his careers

Fair enough. But let's look at who the Bulls beat.

That Jazz team is not overrated in no way. They kind of had it easy in 1998, that's fine. The Bullets were young when they beat em in 97, but Strickland, Juwan, and Webber was a tough young team. Then beating Mash, Zo, and Timmy, and Thunder Dan in Miami. Are the 90s Knicks watered down? I wouldn't think so. What about Shaq and Penny? People thought they'd be what Shaq and Kobe ended up being, except better. And don't take that wrong. The hype for Penny and Shaq was ridiculous. Shaq and Kobe weren't really recognized as being great before they won anything. That was the second three-peat.

He beat the Knicks again in the 91 Playoffs. Ewing, Oakley, Mark Jackson, Wilkins, those cats were all there. Then they beat Hershey and Charles in Philly. Were the two-time defending Champs "old and done in 91?" Isiah, Joe D, all those dudes were still there. They made it to the ECF. But then the Bulls came into town and kicked their *@%. Beating the Lakers that year as well. Magic and Worthy washed up? Ehhhhhhh. Knicks, Philly, Detroit, and LA all in 91. That's not watered down.

The Glen Rice Heat wasn't a great team, no. They once again beat the Knicks. That Cavs team in 92 is a bit underrated, they were damn good that year. Jordan was just better. That same Cavs team dethroned the legendary (though older) Celtics in their last run. Also beating Clyde, Terry, and Cliff was a hell of a feat. 1992. (On a sidenote, there's one player I'd really love to see and how he'd play in today's game, that's Drexler, I think he'd do SO well, especially with defenses being as soft as they are now compared to what they were).

Then in 1993, Nique, Kevin Willis, Augmon, and Blaylock. Watered down in ATL? Ehh. They beat the Cavs again, who were quite frankly what the Mavericks were of this era. Great regular season team. They beat the Knicks again, again, not watered down. If Charles were ever to win a ring, it would have been in 93. KJ, Thunder Dan, Barkley all playing at their top game. Again, not watered down.

laugh.gif
 comedy the 92 cavs team was underrated while the kings team the lakers beat were overrated and never won anything. you gotta love arguments that fit your agenda (not that i even understand how the lakers fit into this thread/topic)

JA, you must know that I've been bringing the sarcasm in my two posts in here bro
laugh.gif
either that or you think I'm ++%%+#! dumb
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom