Did lil B blow up because of NT?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Originally Posted by blacklion23

This Lil B mess has to be a joke. Either that or it's really just kids d-riding this dude.

thats what i thought?

i only know this dudes name cuz of NT i never heard any of his material, he is considered an underground artist correct?

Same here. I think his fans are those ******s you see at the mall in skinny jeans and some hideous J's or Vans with an oversized fitted and a tight hoodie zip-up LOL

This Lil B mess has to be a joke. Either that or it's really just kids d-riding this dude.

thats what i thought?

i only know this dudes name cuz of NT i never heard any of his material, he is considered an underground artist correct?

Same here. I think his fans are those ******s you see at the mall in skinny jeans and some hideous J's or Vans with an oversized fitted and a tight hoodie zip-up LOL

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by tim teufel

If this generation really likes his music we are in serious trouble

Im sure conformist said the same thing during the 60s and 70s. Now look at the Beatles, Jimmi Hendrix. etc etc. . And dont start with that they were pushing a message BS because lil b is doing the same thing. Im sorry your ears are to closed to hear it. 
#basegod  

comparing lil b to hendrix and the beatles, are we?

yes, in trouble, we are.  
1. He is comparing the situation of an earlier generation believing the next generation is doomed because of their musical style/content.

2. He isn't directly comparing B to those legends.

3. Because a music style differs from what you grew up with means it is trash? Why can't you just accept that different generations have different styles? Why so fast to bash?

Another example of generational bias.

Originally Posted by YouMadYouBad

Originally Posted by tim teufel

If this generation really likes his music we are in serious trouble

Im sure conformist said the same thing during the 60s and 70s. Now look at the Beatles, Jimmi Hendrix. etc etc. . And dont start with that they were pushing a message BS because lil b is doing the same thing. Im sorry your ears are to closed to hear it. 
#basegod  

comparing lil b to hendrix and the beatles, are we?

yes, in trouble, we are.  
1. He is comparing the situation of an earlier generation believing the next generation is doomed because of their musical style/content.

2. He isn't directly comparing B to those legends.

3. Because a music style differs from what you grew up with means it is trash? Why can't you just accept that different generations have different styles? Why so fast to bash?

Another example of generational bias.

can you find someone with actual talent to ********?
Another example. Why isn't he talented? Because he doesn't do things the way that other greats did it? It almost reminds me of people bashing Dirk for not being a traditional PF, yea he isn't conventional but he is very effective. If he gets the job done, why make such an effort to disrespect simply because he didn't do it like others before?

If all people were this close minded when it came to musical progress I wonder where music today would be. Let the lil dudes have their shine man.

can you find someone with actual talent to ********?
Another example. Why isn't he talented? Because he doesn't do things the way that other greats did it? It almost reminds me of people bashing Dirk for not being a traditional PF, yea he isn't conventional but he is very effective. If he gets the job done, why make such an effort to disrespect simply because he didn't do it like others before?

If all people were this close minded when it came to musical progress I wonder where music today would be. Let the lil dudes have their shine man.

DC

I broke it down about as clearly as possible pages ago.

Lil' B himself broke it down as clearly as possible in multiple videos posted in this thread.

At this point, people who have these things to say about him are actively avoiding any effort to scratch the surface.

DC

I broke it down about as clearly as possible pages ago.

Lil' B himself broke it down as clearly as possible in multiple videos posted in this thread.

At this point, people who have these things to say about him are actively avoiding any effort to scratch the surface.

Originally Posted by solesavage

thats what i thought?

laugh.gif
the funny thing is B has one of the most diverse fanbases i've seen in quite a while. Everybody from hood folks to hipster girls to world of warcraft geeks to NFL players mess with dudes music.

Originally Posted by solesavage

thats what i thought?

laugh.gif
the funny thing is B has one of the most diverse fanbases i've seen in quite a while. Everybody from hood folks to hipster girls to world of warcraft geeks to NFL players mess with dudes music.

idk who this dud is, but at least he shoutn out NT, seems like he a kool dude tho

idk who this dud is, but at least he shoutn out NT, seems like he a kool dude tho

For those of you that think he is trash, I have a question for you.

What is music supposed to do? What is the point of it?

For those of you that think he is trash, I have a question for you.

What is music supposed to do? What is the point of it?

I wonder how many people ACTUALLY listen to his music. I found like 3 songs that were OK at best.

I Am
We Are The World
Birth Of Rap

I wonder how many people ACTUALLY listen to his music. I found like 3 songs that were OK at best.

I Am
We Are The World
Birth Of Rap

Back
Top Bottom