Did People Forget The Meaning Of OG!!!!!!

gotta love that instagram

smh.. these people put some serious crap like they know things.

People have totally forgotten the meaning. When I think of OG, I always think of the original releases of Air Jordans I-XIV, the ones MJ played in. Now when people say it, they are either referring to original colorways, or whatever the previous retro release was (i.e. 2001 Concords). Rookies...

what about the OG XV to 2012? They are also OGs. Only because JB has not retroed
the XVI to 2012 yet (but surely will by sometime though maybe only in small quantity
as the demand is less than the Jordans which MJ wore as a Chicago Bull)
does not mean they are not OGs.
OG means original release just like I still have my OG Foamposite One from 1997.

He capitalized every first letter of each word.
I love when someone says, "yea these are OG RETRO'S."

same here ^^

I think it's Ok to say OG styled or OG like retros which means quite identical re-release
though meanwhile often has some minor changes in colorblocking, color tone and
details like lace loops etc.

smh.. these people put some serious crap like they know things.

LMAO

that guy even did not know what OG and retro means......the IQ has dropped so fast in the last decade :tongue:
should get the 1988 OGs with the OG box to get schooled.

I need to chime in on this one. I will say this I do not mind someone (I have even done this myself when I have sold my pairs too small for me) saying that a retro is an OG colorway, (keyword colorway), but when a little annoying youngin or even an a person around my age who came up in the 1990's WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER, tries to convince me to buy a shoe by saying it is an OG one when it is clearly a re-retro of a of a new colorway, (example cool grey Jordan 11). Another thing is now a days you have younger and even older cats who hear what these younger hypebeast are saying and call damn near everything OG. Or better yet tries to sell me a show based on some INCORRECT history! On the flip side I respect young or old people that come CORRECT with their info or history whether collecting, wearing or selling shoes OG, OG colorway, or something new. Anyhow I get were the OP is coming from and those that are getting in their feelings behind what he/she is saying are most likely one of the annoying people I mentioned above. I will go further into this and more in my post I will start in the near future. Bottom line there is a difference between OG and OG COLORWAY. Period. Peace.

......I see where he was coming from with the OG and retro card thing. But he didn't think too hard about it. It just goes to show what the reretros are doing.

^ Perfect example of what I am talking about. Do your research people (young or old hypebeast).

People have totally forgotten the meaning. When I think of OG, I always think of the original releases of Air Jordans I-XIV, the ones MJ played in. Now when people say it, they are either referring to original colorways, or whatever the previous retro release was (i.e. 2001 Concords). Rookies...

Jordan also played in the 16s, 17s and 18s. I do get your thinking though.

It seems like people are mixing original colorways w/ the actual shoes itself... An original colorway is by no means the same as an original shoe. It's sad b/c idk how one can confuse them :smh:

All shoes made during the original production year for that particular shoe are original 1-XX3... If u copped the XX3's in 08/09 & still have them 20 years from now they will be considered ORIGINAL b/c they were the initial colorways for that shoe. Now if JB release the XX3's 20 years from now in the same colorways that came out for that shoe is 08/09 they will be considered an OG colorway not OG shoe.... Come on people it's not that confusing

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure he only wore 16s in preseason though. Does that count?

I was running track for a college out in DC at the time and went to the games. Of course that counts homie, hence the reason the ginger 16s sold. Just so we are clear I was not dissing your statement.

I was running track for a college out in DC at the time and went to the games. Of course that counts homie, hence the reason the ginger 16s sold. Just so we are clear I was not dissing your statement.
Haha, yeah I just wanted to make sure. You're right though, if not for his airness wearing them in exhibitions they would've flopped for sure. I wasn't trying to second guess anyone's statements either, just makin' sure. Good call fam.

gotta love that instagram

lol this dude won't let up and still thinks he is right.please niketalk. can we try and educate these youngsters? i sent him a link to this page so hopefully he reads it and can finally realize whats real and not spread more lies to all the new generation of sneakerheads.. this is getting sad..

....Buying shoes to buy shoes lmao yea ok JORDAN23DOTCOM I do it cuz of the history behind the shoe and what the shoe means to game bro

:nerd: can't read ????

I can

ITS NOT ANY1 FAULT, BUT DA YOUNG ONE COMING INTO A CULTURE THEY "THINK" THEY KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT, BUT ONLY GET SKOOL'D BUT VET'Z AND IT F***Z W/ OUR HEAD BC THEY THINK WHEN GOT A COUPLE PAIR OF SNEAKER AND NOW YOU KNOW THE GAME... NOT KNOW A ERA, BRAND OR MAYBE A PLAYERS EDITION======= HISTORY BRA!!!!

LOVEDA4CULTURE GONE!!!

Just dnt understand wat ur sayin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom