Did you turn out the way your parents would hope you to turn out?

They always remind me they proud of me and what I'm doing....but do you think if your parents were really upset with they way you turned out would they tell you in fear of what might happen to your relationship and what you may do after hearing that?

They always remind me they proud of me and what I'm doing....but do you think if your parents were really upset with they way you turned out would they tell you in fear of what might happen to your relationship and what you may do after hearing that?

They better be
laugh.gif
but yeah nah I think I did. I think they wish I was a little more athletic then I currently am, but they can't argue with my success in my academics. Graduated high school in top 20 of my class, got into USC- a top 23 school in the nation, and currently about to graduate. I don't do drugs and for the most part I'm responsible.

I'm pretty happy with the way I turned out
smile.gif

They better be
laugh.gif
but yeah nah I think I did. I think they wish I was a little more athletic then I currently am, but they can't argue with my success in my academics. Graduated high school in top 20 of my class, got into USC- a top 23 school in the nation, and currently about to graduate. I don't do drugs and for the most part I'm responsible.

I'm pretty happy with the way I turned out
smile.gif

100% sure that my parents are happy with the way me and my brother turned out.  I know this because they tell us all the time.

100% sure that my parents are happy with the way me and my brother turned out.  I know this because they tell us all the time.

I don't know what my mommy thinks
My daddy thinks he would have done a much better job raising me, but is happy with the way I am.

I don't know what my mommy thinks
My daddy thinks he would have done a much better job raising me, but is happy with the way I am.

Nope they constantly remind me of how much slacking I did in school and i am dealing with a low gpa (2.
glasses.gif
Once I was rejected from tulane I jus stop doing work. They also hate how I disregard hbcu's all together.

Nope they constantly remind me of how much slacking I did in school and i am dealing with a low gpa (2.
glasses.gif
Once I was rejected from tulane I jus stop doing work. They also hate how I disregard hbcu's all together.

Somewhat...
not going to Ivy Leagues like they thought I would but they're ok with me going to St. John's. Also they say I'm lazy and materialistic but other than that I think they're happy with the way I turned out.

Somewhat...
not going to Ivy Leagues like they thought I would but they're ok with me going to St. John's. Also they say I'm lazy and materialistic but other than that I think they're happy with the way I turned out.

-Graduated HS
-Graduated from College
-Getting my Masters

-Working steady since Senior year of HS
- Haven't hit up Mom for money since Prom in '99

-Pay her cell phone bill, car insurance and rent
-Bought her a car

- Goal: Buy her a house

I think I came out alright.

-Graduated HS
-Graduated from College
-Getting my Masters

-Working steady since Senior year of HS
- Haven't hit up Mom for money since Prom in '99

-Pay her cell phone bill, car insurance and rent
-Bought her a car

- Goal: Buy her a house

I think I came out alright.

One step closer. Just got into grad school at Ohio State for Policy/economics and statistics.

Work in progress.
pimp.gif

One step closer. Just got into grad school at Ohio State for Policy/economics and statistics.

Work in progress.
pimp.gif

Yes they're proud of me and my brother. Not that it matters but we're twins so we always competed. I guess we did aight cause he ended up at KPMG and I'm in the federal gov. He won the money battle but imma be real good in a couple years. We didn't come home all tatted up randomly either. But overall we didn't have run in's with the law and allowed them to sleep worry free at night.

Yes they're proud of me and my brother. Not that it matters but we're twins so we always competed. I guess we did aight cause he ended up at KPMG and I'm in the federal gov. He won the money battle but imma be real good in a couple years. We didn't come home all tatted up randomly either. But overall we didn't have run in's with the law and allowed them to sleep worry free at night.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

glasses.gif

My pops wanted me to go to an HBCU too...but he realized it doesn't matter as long as I have an interest college. My mom never places too much emphasis on my academic achievements but always tells how proud she is of me because of my personality.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom