Dipset Weed Carriers Appreciation Post

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

yea around 04'#*#, you really couldn't tell me **** about JR Writer
laugh.gif
. That was back around when I still was attracted to punchline rap heavy too. I recently listened to Memorable Moments w/ him & 40 Cal, them N's used to snap...

My taste in music was horrible back then tho. Me and a couple other dudes used to Papoose so damn heavy on here, smh lmao.....
I dont get all the hate on Papoose (and other punchline rappers) though.  It may not be whats hot now, but if it was good then, it doesnt just stop being good music.  "A Threat and a Promise" was a dope tape.  I just d/l'ed all the Writers Blocks.  And the HOTTEST SONG ever was "The Best Out", everybody went in on that, Dipset Symphony too!

I remember exactly where I was when I first heard this on Dips Vol. 5. At one point I dropped the blunt.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

still got my dips new era
pimp.gif
pics
Always wanted one but I remember fakes was running rampant for awhile.  Still would rock one 
nerd.gif
paypal ready 

The only one who was true weed carrier status was kasa. 

Random as ##@# but I think Sheist Bub is like a manager/promoter or something.  Went to a meth, currensy, and krit show here in Milwaukee and Meth gave him a random shout out at the side of the stage.  He was at the merch booth selling tees and I wanted to ask him what happened to the set but by the time I got up there he was gone
frown.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

yea around 04ish, you really couldn't tell me **** about JR Writer
laugh.gif
. That was back around when I still was attracted to punchline rap heavy too.
I recently listened to Memorable Moments w/ him & 40 Cal, them N's used to snap...

My taste in music was horrible back then tho. Me and a couple other dudes used to gas Papoose so damn heavy on here, smh lmao.....

son I swore JR was next up
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Ruger not really a WC but

sick.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fresh Like Will

Originally Posted by budap06

Man from 04-06 when they made the transition from using mostly soul beats to the triumphant orchestra sounding stuff had me extra captivated with all these guys on the mic..... Jr, Ruger, 40 Cal, SAS, A-Mafia and the others will always be appreciated. I check for them all to this day, A-Mafia is really the only person still doing it like before, everyone else changed up at least a lil bit.

Dipset had some orchestral stuff in that soul sample era too. Heatmakerz were killing it back then. And Cam/Dipset killed some Kanye and Just Blaze beats back then too.
Trust I know bro, I was one of the biggest dipset stans ever
laugh.gif
. I just meant around that time they switched to using those more heavy. The early part of the dipset era in 02-03 is still my personal favorite (Come Home with me, Diplomats Vol 1-4, Diplomatic Immunity, Final Destination, From Me 2 U, and That Purple Haze Advance) but that time after that was good too.

Man I can remember Writers Block 3 Coming out my senior year and the first time we were listening to it my homie pulling the car over at every crazy punchline (which were alot) so he could show that full reaction like we all were
roll.gif

Originally Posted by hugebird

I seriously must have smoking way too many blunts at the time, because you couldn't tell me this %*@$ wasn't the best. I just can't figure out if I genuinely like this now, or if I like it because I liked it so much back in the day. Either way, I'm still down with Eurogang.

I will be back with more later.
This %!#! was hard then and still hard now...and co-sign to dude saying he swore JR was up next. 
laugh.gif
 You was not alone in thinking that.

Rell's verse on dipset extravaganza >*
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

"F on my sweater stands for Fendi, yours stands for Fubu"

For me, Dipset from 2002-2005 was just so good. They couldn't miss on anything, even the lower level guys like 40 Cal and
JR Writer were making moves. The last Dipset release I bought was 'More Than Music Vol. 1'. Just wasn't the same after that,
outside of a handful of songs here and there. Add on the beefing and Heatmakerz rarely (if at all) doing their beats, they just
became a bunch of aimless rappers. When they were on though, they were ON
pimp.gif

You cant say that Cam and Jimmy didnt put dudes on. There were alot of dudes eatin for a few years who were put on by the Dips. Unfortunately they couldnt translate it into any real success, mostly bc of poor management

freestyle from vol. 4

"get this straight you guys'll just buckle/if i squeeze off, JR too live for a scuffle/why rise up a muscle?/when i could just bring the mags to your door like you subscribed for a couple"
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I know so many random JR Writer and 40 Cal verses by heart. So very many. Couldn't tell me a damn thing.

Bezel, Purple City Byrd Gang, I even listened to Freeky's album...a few times. I was all in.

pimp.gif

It's not a coincidence that that 02-05 era of the dips coincides with the best years of NT
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Kufis flying everywhere in the rap game and on here. The energy they brought is much appreciated. I definitely thought JR was gonna blow. And SAS was and still are dope. My ipod is littered with random tracks from all these guys and I ainteem mad.
Classic isht

Dead @ Un Kasa's pink fedora 
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

if dipset was BETTER MANAGED they'ed be runnin rap something crazy...sooo much talent under that umbrella.
These are the OD lulz I came in here for.

I think the problem is that they had dudes that could spit, but they had too many REAL STREET DUDES who were really in the streets. Like Ruger could spit, but he was really out there doin gangsta ++!, plus he wasnt marketable, Kasa's ugly little %+% def aint marketable ect ect. Plus they definitely didnt tour enough. I know Rell got out on some dudes here in pittsburgh for like $40,000, and when Jimmy came for a show he got ran off stage

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

How come Cam stopped running with Penz? He was nice IMO, WAAAAY better than Vado.
Prospect Penz, he was a beast, he was all over that Public Enemy mixtape

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

How come Cam stopped running with Penz? He was nice IMO, WAAAAY better than Vado.
Prospect Penz, he was a beast, he was all over that Public Enemy mixtape

Cam's best work after Come Home With Me IMO
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can't think of another rapper that put on for his group/entourage than Cam... Damn near every dude that was with him during his early days was given the opportunity to do so... Writer's Block II was like an album to me lol... JR went to work...

Back
Top Bottom