DISNEY Classics Live-Action Remakes - Upcoming: Snow White, Mufasa, Lilo&Stitch, Moana...

brave never connected with me, if Cars2 and Cars3 didnt exist, that ones probably be my least favorite

its not a bad film per say but its just not for me and the accent made it hard to understand

I want merchandise numbers too. With all these remakes, Pixar films, and MCU films I can't imagine much Disney is caking off toys, clothes, etc.

tangled is better imo
they need a sequel to that
I don't think they need a sequel.

The prequel series on Disney channel has done a good job filling in the gap from the end of the movie to their marriage in the short film. OG cast doing the voices and OG writers too.

brave never connected with me, if Cars2 and Cars3 didnt exist, that ones probably be my least favorite

its not a bad film per say but its just not for me and the accent made it hard to understand

I thought the message was dope as hell in Brave for young girls. It hit me haflway in, I was like damn.

“Where real live action movies get it wrong” says the videos

1 billion later and an A score from audiences says otherwise pal.

i knew LK was gon' make a billion but i didnt expect to do it so fast, it took 19 days but only half of those days are an early china release iirc, it hasnt even been two week out here in the US

Bringing Disney’s running total of $1 billion-plus global grossers to four this year, the studio’s The Lion King will put its paw across the coveted threshold today. Getting there in 19 days, the Jon Favreau-directed CGI/live-action remake of the animated classic is at $999.4 million worldwide through Monday, with $360.9M domestically and $638.5M from the international box office.

Along with Aladdin, The Lion King is the second release from Disney Live Action to reach the $1B milestone this year and the sixth ever to do so. Other billion-dollar pics from the studio in 2019 are Avengers: Endgame and Captain Marvel. Toy Story 4, currently at $919.1M, is the next title to cross $1 billion for the year, getting them to five.

I wanted to love Lion King. I didnt.

4.5/10

On a side note, dont know that I agree that the CGI was the problem as to why the characters (and movie in general), lacked passion and emotion. I think the fault of this lies solely with the actors.

I think the acting was just awful. I thought Donald Glover was just terrible. I thought I was gonna hate Beyonce because she was over the top animated like in her songs, but it was the exact opposite. I even think James Earl Jones did a bad job displaying emotion, which is absurd because he freakin did this role before....which he nailed the first time.

Billy Eichner and (surprisingly) Seth Rogan did the best job IMO.

I wanted to love Lion King. I didnt.

4.5/10

On a side note, dont know that I agree that the CGI was the problem as to why the characters (and movie in general), lacked passion and emotion. I think the fault of this lies solely with the actors.

I think the acting was just awful. I thought Donald Glover was just terrible. I thought I was gonna hate Beyonce because she was over the top animated like in her songs, but it was the exact opposite. I even think James Earl Jones did a bad job displaying emotion, which is absurd because he freakin did this role before....which he nailed the first time.

Billy Eichner and (surprisingly) Seth Rogan did the best job IMO.

I agree. Movie was trash.

‘Little Mermaid’ Live: Auliʻi Cravalho Becomes Disney’s Second Colorblind Casting of Ariel

d57bdc25efa65482b04986baa53caa34

Disney is getting into the live TV musical game, and it’s gone colorblind for its casting. ABC President Karey Burke announced at Monday’s Television Critics Association summer press tour that Auliʻi Cravalho will star in the live musical of “The Little Mermaid” on Nov. 5 as part of the “Wonderful World of Disney.”

Cravalho – who is half native Hawaiian and also of Puerto Rican, Portuguese, Chinese, and Irish descent – has already been a Disney princess, having voiced the lead role in 2016’s “Moana.” In July, Disney had revealed Halle Bailey as the first black Ariel for the live-action theatrical remake of “The Little Mermaid.”

Joining Cravahlo as the titular mermaid are Oscar-nominated Emmy winner Queen Latifah, who will play the sea witch Ursula, and musician Shaggy, who will play Ariel’s crab pal Sebastian. More cast will be announced later.

“The Wonderful World of Disney presents The Little Mermaid Live!” honors the 30th anniversary of the classic Disney film. The timing is also fortuitous in that it precedes the launch of Disney+ by a week and can serve as a means to introduce the streaming service to the linear viewing public.

This version will differentiate itself from the live-action feature film by its production, according to execs. “It’s unlike anything that any other musical has done,” said Burke, saying that it includes “seamless interweaving” of the live musical performances with clips from the animated film and puppetry.

The hybrid production will also feature elaborate costumes and sets, as seen below, and be produced by Done+Dusted.

“The Wonderful World of Disney presents The Little Mermaid Live!” will air Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 9 p.m. ET live on ABC.

Here's The Cast Of Disney's Live-Action Remake Of LADY AND THE TRAMP for Disney+ Along With Their Canine Counterparts

Tessa Thompson as Lady
tessa.jpg

Justin Theroux as Tramp
justin.jpg

Sam Elliot as Trusty
sam.jpg

Janelle Monáe as Peg
janelle.jpg

Ashley Jensen as Jock
ashley.jpg

Benedict Wong as Bull
benedict.jpg

Disney's THE LION KING Remake Is Now The Highest-Grossing Animated Film Of All Time

Given its photorealistic visuals, you can't blame some folks considering Disney's recent remake of The Lion King to be a live-action adaptation. However, technically it isn't. It's wholly animated and is therefore considered to be an animated movie instead.

With that distinction clear, The Lion King has now become the highest-grossing animated movie of all time (via CNET). Previously, this record was held by 2013's Frozen. That animated tale (which is set to get a sequel in November) made $1.28 billion globally and $400.73m domestically.

As of now, The Lion King remake has earned $1.33 billion worldwide and $473.10 million domestically.

Disney's THE LION KING Remake Is Now The Highest-Grossing Animated Film Of All Time

Given its photorealistic visuals, you can't blame some folks considering Disney's recent remake of The Lion King to be a live-action adaptation. However, technically it isn't. It's wholly animated and is therefore considered to be an animated movie instead.

With that distinction clear, The Lion King has now become the highest-grossing animated movie of all time (via CNET). Previously, this record was held by 2013's Frozen. That animated tale (which is set to get a sequel in November) made $1.28 billion globally and $400.73m domestically.

As of now, The Lion King remake has earned $1.33 billion worldwide and $473.10 million domestically.
Lol lol

“Uhh ya I didn’t like it bc the hyenas hair wasn’t as dark as the cartoon”

Freaking nerds

if they're gon' do a sequel to aladdin, i think id prefer King of Thieves over Return of Jafar

Disney Are Having Conversations About A Potential Sequel To Their Live-Action ALADDIN Remake

"We certainly when we first made the movie wanted to just make the best movie we could and let audiences tell us if they wanted to see more. And I would say resoundingly audiences want to see more," Lin began.

"They've watched this movie multiple times. We have lots of fan letters about people who really go back and they bring their friends and bring their family. And so we feel like there's more story to tell. We are going to treat it the same way we treat the original Aladdin movie and not going to do a shot by shot remake of anything that's been done before. We're really looking at what's been done before in the past and the home video, and there's just more story to tell with the underlying materials. So without giving away too much, we are certainly exploring where we can go with this franchise."

Similarly, SYFY WIRE spoke to Lin about the same subject. For that report, Lin mentioned that they're hearing the call for a live-action remake of The Return of Jafar (which was a direct-to-video sequel to 1992's Aladdin). However, they may not wholly go down that route. Instead, they're looking into exploring the characters of the first film further.

"We’d love to. People clearly loved the movie and watched it multiple times and we get lots of fan letters and people asking us to makeReturn [of] Jafar, and I can just tell you that we’re in early stages right now, but we’re certainly talking about another movie. Like with Aladdin, it will not be a straight remake of any movie that’s been made before, so we’re looking at ‘where’s the best way to go with these characters."

Calls to boycott 'Mulan' are trending after the star of Disney's live-action remake backed the Hong Kong police in the city's chaotic protests

#BoycottMulan is trending on Twitter after the star of the upcoming Disney live-action expressed support for Hong Kong's police, who are accused of using excessive force on pro-democracy protesters in the city.

Liu Yifei, who plays Mulan, reposted a graphic on Chinese microblogging site Weibowhich said: "I support Hong Kong's police. You can all beat me up now." It also said, in English, "what a shame for Hong Kong."

On top of the graphic, which was created by China's state-run People's Daily newspaper, Liu added: "I also support the Hong Kong Police," followed by emojis of a heart and a muscular arm.

fa3436f5610b6cde5af7e7ecfb408a3a

Liu is Chinese-American, and has lived both in the US and mainland China.

China's state media has taken a firm stance against the protesters and promoted Chinese nationalism. It avoided publishing images of injured protesters or reporting their demands.

The hashtag #BoycottMulan started to trend across Twitter after her post.

Sean Norton wrote: "Disney's Mulan actress, Liu Yifei, supports police brutality and oppression in Hong Kong. Liu is a naturalized American citizen. it must be nice. meanwhile she pisses on people fighting for democracy. retweet please. HK doesn't get enough support. #BoycottMulan @Disney."

The tweet had 8,000 retweets and around 9,000 likes as of Friday morning.

I enjoyed the remake. I thought it was pretty cool. I will say the acting to me was very dry.

While watching Im like man it just seems like these people are just reading a paper in a staff meeting and not really puttin too much emphasis on things.

Then the wife and I went home and watched the original that same night, and it really wasnt too much difference lol it was still pretty bland like actor voice wise

In both movies it really only felt like the Timon/Pumba actors were the ones that were actually into the script

Calls to boycott 'Mulan' are trending after the star of Disney's live-action remake backed the Hong Kong police in the city's chaotic protests

#BoycottMulan is trending on Twitter after the star of the upcoming Disney live-action expressed support for Hong Kong's police, who are accused of using excessive force on pro-democracy protesters in the city.

Liu Yifei, who plays Mulan, reposted a graphic on Chinese microblogging site Weibowhich said: "I support Hong Kong's police. You can all beat me up now." It also said, in English, "what a shame for Hong Kong."

On top of the graphic, which was created by China's state-run People's Daily newspaper, Liu added: "I also support the Hong Kong Police," followed by emojis of a heart and a muscular arm.

fa3436f5610b6cde5af7e7ecfb408a3a

Liu is Chinese-American, and has lived both in the US and mainland China.

China's state media has taken a firm stance against the protesters and promoted Chinese nationalism. It avoided publishing images of injured protesters or reporting their demands.

The hashtag #BoycottMulan started to trend across Twitter after her post.

Sean Norton wrote: "Disney's Mulan actress, Liu Yifei, supports police brutality and oppression in Hong Kong. Liu is a naturalized American citizen. it must be nice. meanwhile she pisses on people fighting for democracy. retweet please. HK doesn't get enough support. #BoycottMulan @Disney."

The tweet had 8,000 retweets and around 9,000 likes as of Friday morning.

What I find interesting is that no one is considering the context she may be talking about the alleged undercover cop that was beat unconscious by some of the protesters the other day. Still, best move would've been for her to keep quiet. What did she really have to gain by posting any of that? Her managers must be thrown in a flux right now.

I doubt most of the world or disney cares. Now china will support the movie even more.

Back
Top Bottom