DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

As we’ve previously shared, the highly anticipated attraction Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge will open on Dec. 5, 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida and Jan. 17, 2020 at Disneyland park in California.

When it opens, this harrowing adventure will blur the lines between fantasy and reality and will put you in the middle of a climactic battle between the First Order and the Resistance. You will join the Resistance and depart from Batuu in a transport ship to meet General Leia Organa at a secret rendezvous point. Along the way, however, you will be captured by a First Order Star Destroyer. The action then ramps up as you seek to escape the clutches of Kylo Ren and the First Order – with the help of some heroes of the Resistance. Today, we’re excited to share this first look inside the attraction!

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will be one of the most ambitious, advanced and immersive experiences ever undertaken by Walt Disney Imagineering. The attraction is also one of the largest Disney has ever created. Its massive show building is a world unto itself, housing two full-size AT-AT walkers and a Star Destroyer hangar bay – complete with a TIE fighter and a garrison of Stormtroopers – plus more thrills and surprises.

EC_D8EbWsAEVBYu.jpg:large

Walt Disney Imagineering released additional details about what promises to be one of the most thrilling experiences ever created for a Disney theme park:

• Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance will bring guests face to face with some of their favorite Star Wars characters, including Resistance heroes Rey, Poe and Finn, as well as Kylo Ren and General Hux of the First Order.
  • Walt Disney Imagineering will combine multiple ride systems to tell the story of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. In one sequence, a new simulator experience will give the sensation to guests they are falling from space to crash land on Batuu.
  • During a portion of the experience, guests will race through a Star Destroyer in a trackless ride vehicle featuring an onboard droid that reacts to its surroundings.

should be out by now at DL

:smh:

i was walking by the queue this past sunday and they already got some voices that sounded like rey was talking about the mission

looks like testers are going in on the florida version to get some feedback starting today

florida not only get alcoholic blue/green milk but they also have the cool coke carts
EC--7bTWkAADh_w.jpg:large

why is the wdw version of ge so special? we aint got none of all this ish in DL

PHOTOS: New Limited Time Star Wars Treats and Specialty Foods Coming to Walt Disney World in Celebration of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Grand Opening
chc0234029419283793804293482.jpg

gam39402934802934802394823.jpg

adc2349817203948203948234.jpg

dsc2394029348209348243234.jpg

scc912830124877394823049834.jpg

swfc1387820138029348234.jpg

gfc1298029388769842342.jpg

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Annual passes are the way to go. The best way to enjoy your trip, at any age, is to take your time. The annual pass allows for that, and sometimes, the feeling of knowing you can come back takes away the stress of what you didnt get to do. If your planning on going in October, then next summer, the cost starts to get comparable between multiday tickets and an annual pass. And don't forget Christmas, so theres three trips that would be paid for already. They have different levels of annual passes, but go for the upper three, depending on how realistic it is to go for you and yours. They have different perks, like 10 or 15 percent discounts, and the top ones have the maxpass and photopass, which is super awesome. If you decide you want to do an ap, now would be the time for you because you got the three day at a discount. They didnt care how much we paid for our tickets, they applied the value they would have sold them for at the ticket booth.

Ps, dont get a ticket for little guy until hes like, 4, they didnt care to ask for both of my girls. Probably because they couldnt prove it regardless.

you think i can get away with a 3 and 4 year old without them asking for tickets?

Yes. We didn't get our youngest one till she started feeling left out, lol. She wanted her picture in the system. They wont ask because they cant prove the age if they seem close. You gotta make sure the kids are on their game, too. You know how honest they can be. They would ask us if she is 3, and we would do it moving.

damn, crowds hasnt returned, halloween decos are official tomorrow including the opening of haunted mansions nbxmas theme so it might get people to go

genuinely curious if people are actually turned off by the higher prices now or are waiting out the second attraction at SWGE or people are just not as excited about the franchise especially after Solo and TLJ

wdw also has low crowd but with the bad weather and warnings that is somewhat understandable

so many live entertainment cutbacks were just made at DL/DCA and they rushed opening the haunted mansion so they are desperate and probably just as baffled

just crazy and i never expected to see the day...

Gotta be the prices. it costs a small fortune to go. A lot of my family and friends definitely don't go like we used to.

I took my brother last week to DCA since my poverty pass was only to that park. We waited in line at GoTG for only 2 minutes and then hopped on over to the Radiator Springs Racer and that wait was only 30 seconds. The longest wait time was a tie between the Soarin Over CA and Toy Story mania at about 30 minutes each. Other then that everything else was so short.

i just didnt expect this to be the breaking point, they increased prices last year too and they still had record breaking attendance

up til before the blockouts this year, the parks still packed despite the castle being closed off

but hey its good for us that still goes though its just the cutbacks and the affect to customer service thats going to suffer

they thought everything was gonna be sweet with their constant price increases. would be amazing if we see a price drop :rofl:

now that would be the biggest shocker of all :lol:

i dont see it happening but would be very happy to be proven wrong

i never thought a jurassic world reskin would have more crowds and and longer wait time than a star wars theme ride

and if swge doesnt give that extra bump in attendance the same way the harry potter lands did to universal then it might actually be considered a flop by disney

I’m happy crowds have been lighter I hope it reflects back in the passes at least. It’s been nice getting to see fantasmic and MSEP without having to fight crowds.

Just a perfect storm I guess...A single attraction in SWGE at opening, higher prices, AP Blackouts over the summer...The culmination of things just rubbed people the wrong way maybe?

At this point what’s the turn around to get the crowds back in?

Not hating it at all but I was sure this would’ve passed and it would be back to business as usual by now...

for the halloween party, allow people to go to both parks for the early entry and itll probably sellout, right now tixholders for the event can only come in to DCA a few hours early but its kind of redundant because you have more than enough time to do everything plus the halloween events once the party starts

that is one way to drive some crowd in the parks and sell all those tix sitting or maybe offer a discount to those tickets for APs like they did last year

Shhhhh! Im with the crowd levels being down. It isnt gonna change much of anything until they actualy start making more of an effort to retain us! For too long its seemed as if they thought people HAD to go, and Disney acted accordingly. They focused too much on profit margins instead of quality of service. Its catching up to them.

I’ll tell you what...The last time I remember being there and being as slow as it was this summer was in 2004...IF this was a peak for them I’d expect at least a little more with maintaining the visitors they currently have...

Maybe Harry Potter is the new phase ~ insert Kanye shrug GIF ~

you know what i also think, in regards to swge, most probably just really want to be left alone and do their own thing

swge might be too interactive for the most part, in our society, it does seem like socializing in person has taken a turn, everyone on social media and a lot of people just do not know how to converse in person

many also probably just wants to do nothing, as in they just want to ride the rides without much thought, enjoy the park their way by just watching parades and shows without interactions

we work all week/month/year long and they do not want to be bothered with extra work in the parks

thats one theory i have, take out the storm-trooper and rey/chewy interactions and theres really no shows, no parades, no activities and the ride is too interactive but you really only have 1 out of 3 chances of affecting the outcome and it be seen as extra work/stress and i think thats why many prefer star tours over smugglers

most just wants to sit back and enjoy at their own time and leisure

so swge might have unexpectedly become a niche experience for cosplayers and diehard fans

That’s completely true...Never even thought about it from that angle...

I still think they should’ve just gone with SWGE at either the Land or World, not both...

Back
Top Bottom