DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

really?

i figure they'd let 'em keep working since its the perfect time with no guests around and just be extra careful and make sure none of the worker are infected

i know easier said than done but if anyone can pull it off its disney

yeah, heard they pulled the electricians from the site, i’m sure all the workers are gone

damn

Landry’s Restaurants Reportedly Laying Off All Employees; Rainforest Cafe in Disney Springs Now Closed Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Due to the ongoing closures related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic across the nation and at Walt Disney World Resort, new reports from Landry’s Restaurants employees, which includes Rainforest Cafe and T-REX Cafe in Disney Springs, plus Yak & Yeti in Disney’s Animal Kingdom, state that all employees are being terminated.

damn, that’s terrible man. how just just gonna lay off all the staff?!

HEY guys DVC AP members here I was suppose to be taking a trip down to the new Riviera Hotel end of this month has to change it . Staying at the Grand Florida’s again , but seems like I might have to change to a later date .....
Was palming you go back late April May.... but now I’m thing “MAYBE” June.....

just monitor it and see when they'll open back up

its too uncertain at this point

Closure of Disneyland Resort Due to COVID-19 to Represent $400 Million Loss for Southern California

According to the OC Register, the closure of Disneyland due to COVID-19 could have a $400 million impact on the Southern California economy due to reduced visitor traffic to nearby hotels and restaurants. Reduced traffic also means lower tax revenues, making the economic outlook for Anaheim even more daunting:

A study by Cal State Fullerton’s Woods Center for Economic Analysis and Forecasting found that the Disneyland resort added $8.5 billion to the Southern California economy and generated more than $500 million in state and local taxes in 2018.

Breaking down the findings of the study by day and calculating the financial impact of the 18-day closure of Disneyland provides some guideposts for what the shuttering of the Happiest Place on Earth could have on the surrounding community.

The closure of Disneyland will mean a big financial hit for the theme park, Anaheim and Southern California, said Cal State Fullerton economics professor Anil Puri, the director of the Woods Center for Economic Analysis and Forecasting.

“The effect has gone beyond Disneyland,” Puri said. “There’s no question it’s a substantial hit to the city budget, to Disney and the people that work at Disney. Restaurants and hotels in the area will suffer also.”

It’s difficult to estimate the precise financial impact of the Disneyland closure on the broader Southern California economy at this time, Puri said. It remains unknown how much Disneyland’s spending and revenues will be reduced or what theme park operations will shut down during the closure, Puri said.

Based on an 18-day closure alone, Southern California could be looking at a financial loss of over $400 million, or $23 million a day, according to the study. On average, Disneyland visitors spend $2.5 billion annually on off-site hotels, restaurants, and other businesses, or roughly $6.9 million a day. Disneyland Resort itself generated $510 million in state and tax revenue in 2018 alone, or about $1.4 million a day: $25 million during the 18-day closure period. And then there’s the on-property Disneyland Hotels and the “Good Neighbor” third-party hotels, which generated $177 million in hotel taxes in 2018, or an approximate of $8.8 million during the closure.

Add it all up, and you have a massive financial loss for the Southern California economy, which includes Disneyland Resort and all of its neighboring hotels, restaurants, and even its competitors. Worst of all, the latest CDC guidelines recommend against public gatherings of over 50 people for the next 8 weeks, which could very well extend the closure past April, so these projections could increase with a prolonged closure.

With everyone cooped up at home and unable to travel, tourist economies are taking a huge hit right now. Despite recent price increases, guests may be looking at big discount promotions soon, or even more price jumps, depending on how Disneyland decides on mitigating this massive loss.

According to TMZ, a 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida. TMZ reports:

Jeffrey Ghazarian from Glendora, CA, died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life … according to his family.

His sister says … “He suffered a lot and put up a good fight. We will miss our Jeff everyday but we are thankful for all the fun happy memories of the times we had together.”

Jeff’s timeline regarding his COVID-19 infection is terrifying and should be eye-opening for people of all ages. According to his family, he flew from L.A. to Orlando on March 2 for a work conference, but stayed a few extra days to visit Disney World and Universal theme parks with friends.

We’re told on March 7 he developed a cough, and the next day he coughed up blood. He flew back to LAX on March 9 … and immediately went to the ER, where he also had a high fever.The family says a chest x-ray confirmed Jeff had pneumonia, and he was tested for COVID-19 and sent home with fluids and antibiotics and instructed to self-quarantine until he got the results back.

We’re told the results came back positive on March 13, and Jeff was provided a portable oxygen meter to keep an eye on his levels … which took a turn for the worse that afternoon.

On March 14 he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and quickly transferred to the ICU when it was discovered his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia. Doctors decided the best path forward was to sedate and intubate, hoping a ventilator would help his lungs heal.

Sadly — and despite the family claiming he was approved for antiviral meds — he took a turn for the worse and never got the medication in time … and passed away Thursday morning.

It appears Jeffrey was an at-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had beat testicular cancer back in 2016.

The CDC now says young people can also be at grave risk … and this underscores the danger.

He was 34.

RIP

I was suppose to work this whole week, since my department still works with providing the uniforms for several departments at the resort and Downtown, but got the call on Monday not to show up until the 1st. We're still playing it by ear at this point. We were going to use these two weeks to catch up on maintenance and all that, but I guess they didn't want to risk it.

According to TMZ, a 34-year-old man has died in California after testing positive of coronavirus just days ago, and 2 weeks after visiting Walt Disney World and Universal Studios in Florida. TMZ reports:

Jeffrey Ghazarian from Glendora, CA, died Thursday morning at a Pasadena hospital after spending 5 days hooked up to a ventilator and battling for his life … according to his family.

His sister says … “He suffered a lot and put up a good fight. We will miss our Jeff everyday but we are thankful for all the fun happy memories of the times we had together.”

Jeff’s timeline regarding his COVID-19 infection is terrifying and should be eye-opening for people of all ages. According to his family, he flew from L.A. to Orlando on March 2 for a work conference, but stayed a few extra days to visit Disney World and Universal theme parks with friends.

We’re told on March 7 he developed a cough, and the next day he coughed up blood. He flew back to LAX on March 9 … and immediately went to the ER, where he also had a high fever.The family says a chest x-ray confirmed Jeff had pneumonia, and he was tested for COVID-19 and sent home with fluids and antibiotics and instructed to self-quarantine until he got the results back.

We’re told the results came back positive on March 13, and Jeff was provided a portable oxygen meter to keep an eye on his levels … which took a turn for the worse that afternoon.

On March 14 he was taken by ambulance to the hospital and quickly transferred to the ICU when it was discovered his lungs were 60-70 percent blocked with pneumonia. Doctors decided the best path forward was to sedate and intubate, hoping a ventilator would help his lungs heal.

Sadly — and despite the family claiming he was approved for antiviral meds — he took a turn for the worse and never got the medication in time … and passed away Thursday morning.

It appears Jeffrey was an at-risk patient. He had a history of asthma and frequent bronchitis as a child, though he outgrew that. He also had beat testicular cancer back in 2016.

The CDC now says young people can also be at grave risk … and this underscores the danger.

He was 34.

RIP
seems like doctors incompetence
USUALLY they dont send u home with pneumonia
u stay there until u level out
not get sent home to get worse

F39609B9-166A-44FB-89F9-3BC2098FC1B9.jpeg

Here’s a hint to what we can expect from the theme parks in SoCal. Universal Studios has April 19th as a potential day for opening back up; while Knott’s has mid May.

I still haven’t heard an update when I go back to work. Have a feeling it’s mid to late April as well. The hotels have posted a deal with a start date of the 19th. I guess we’ll see with a formal announcement.

F39609B9-166A-44FB-89F9-3BC2098FC1B9.jpeg

Here’s a hint to what we can expect from the theme parks in SoCal. Universal Studios has April 19th as a potential day for opening back up; while Knott’s has mid May.

I still haven’t heard an update when I go back to work. Have a feeling it’s mid to late April as well. The hotels have posted a deal with a start date of the 19th. I guess we’ll see with a formal announcement.

people are crazy, despite an order to stay home, people congregated in beaches and parks, ridiculous

so yeah, these parks may close for a while just to keep people safe from themselves

in the meantime, watch the tokyo disney offical vid of fantasmic (final performance there i believe)

Last edited:
Quick update, so I just received word; I’ll continue getting paid til April 18th. Seems like the 19th is the day we’re shooting to go back to work.

I still believe it’ll be later then that, but they’re doing it day by day. I’d rather play it safe. It isn’t getting any better in California.

Back
Top Bottom