DISNEYLAND/DISNEYWORLD APPRECIATION!!! PUT IN UR ORDER FOR AN NT DISNEY SPIRIT JERSEY NOW!!!

they really should have increased the price upon the opening of Pixar Pier because I would be pissed to come to DL now without parades because of the constructions but they're trying to grab the extra cash from the upcoming spring break crowd

Disneyland announces an opening date for its new Pixar Pier

Disney announced Sunday that the much-anticipated opening of Pixar Pier is set for June 23, offering a new look at a part of Anaheim’s Disney California Adventure that has been closed since Jan. 8.

Park officials wanted to ensure the area is opened as the busy summer season kicks off. A preview of the new area will begin April 13, when the park will hold its first “Pixar Fest” event.

Sunday’s announcement was made by Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek at the D23 Expo Japan 2018, along with intriguing looks at projects underway at other parks worldwide.

The former Paradise Pier, which was part of the original Disney California Adventure, was designed after classic beachfront pleasure piers. But, along with numerous California-themed attractions scrapped or remodeled since the park opened in 2001, it is now undergoing renovation.

When it reopens, it will have four distinct “neighborhoods,” themed to go with the numerous Pixar movies that Disney now owns, including Toy Story, The Incredibles, Coco, Finding Nemo, Up, Inside Out, Brave, Wall-E and more.

The Incredibles 2 movie is slated to be in theaters starting on June. 15.

The four ‘neighborhoods’ under construction:

1. The former California Screamin’ roller coaster is being revamped into the Incredicoaster, with new theming based on “The Incredibles” movie featuring a comic family of superheroes.

2. A new Toy Story neighborhood will include the existing Toy Story Mania! ride.

3. Characters from the movie “Inside Out” will populate another neighborhood.

4. The area around Mickey’s Fun Wheel, a Ferris wheel, will also be a distinct neighborhood that features a variety of Pixar characters. The gondolas will be redone with new Pixar characters on the sides.

Park officials have considered for years how to freshen up the pier area with new theming, and the popular Pixar characters are likely to be a hit.

Despite the changes, annual passholder Cynthia Varnell of Huntington Beach said her family still prefers Disneyland, except that her son loves Carsland at Disney California Adventure.

“I’ve never been a fan of Coney Island-type piers,” Varnell said. “The whole vibe isn’t my thing, so I prefer Disneyland. Though, if it’s a stressful day, you can get a margarita” (at Disney California Adventure, unlike at Disneyland.)

Also during the D23 fan club expo, Chapek showed fans a glimpse of what’s to come from the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge projects that are underway now at both Disneyland and Walt Disney World in Florida, with completion planned for 2019. Fans were able to glimpse part of the Millennium Falcon ride and some life-size star fighters being created for the new lands.

Although a new hotel is being designed for Anaheim, it won’t get the same type of Star Wars-themed hotel being planned for Orlando, which will “combine a luxury resort with complete immersion into an authentic Star Wars story (that will be) seamlessly connected to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.,” according to a prepared statement from the expo.

Disney’s use of Marvel super heroes at its parks will continue to expand worldwide, possibly a sign of things to come at the Disneyland Resort as well.

Plans are underway to create a “Marvel Super Hero universe” at Disneyland Paris, and the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster will be rethemed with Iron Man and the Avengers. Disney’s Hotel New York will feature The Art of Marvel in 2020. And an entire Marvel themed area is slated for Hong Kong Disneyland.

At the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim:

The following attractions are currently closed and being incorporated into the new Pixar Pier:

California Screamin’ (Will become the Incredicoaster)
Mickey’s Fun Wheel (Getting new Pixar theming)
Games of the Boardwalk
Sideshow Shirts
Ariel’s Grotto (A new restaurant will open here)
Cove Bar (A new lounge will be here)
Treasures in Paradise (merchandise shop)
Paradise Pier Ice Cream Co.

Still open for business (will become a new area called Paradise Park)

Silly Symphony Swings
Jumping Jellyfish
Goofy’s Sky Schoool
Golden Zephyr
Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
King Triton Carousel
Toy Story Midway Mania!

New ANT-MAN AND THE WASP And IRON MAN Concept Art Accompanies D23 Expo Japan Announcement

Chairman Bob Chapek made some exciting follow-up announcements while speaking at D23 Expo Japan 2018.

The park's Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster will be "totally reimagined as a high-speed, hyper-kinetic adventure where guests will team up with Iron Man and their favorite Avengers."

In addition, we have a sneak peek into one of the new rooms that'll be opening at Disney’s Hotel New York, and some concept art for the new Ant-Man and The Wasp-themed attraction set for Hong Kong Disneyland.

DVznl5MW0AEle3m.jpg:large

This new attraction will debut at Disneyland Hong Kong, and the concept art depicts Ant-Man and The Wasp doing battle against Arnim Zola and his army of Hydra swarm bots. Apparently, this is a brand new adventure created specifically for the park, so don't expect Zola to pop up in the movie!

Image_HKDL_Marvel-Attraction-2.jpg

One of the new rooms that'll be opening in Disney’s Hotel New York gives fans an early glimpse at The Art of Marvel at Disneyland Paris in 2020. In this room, guests can come "face-to-face with Captain America, Spider-Man, Star-Lord and Black Widow."

Image_DLP_Disneys-Hotel-New-York-The-Art-of-Marvel-960x640.jpg

The final Iron Man image is to promote the new Paris 'coaster, but Chapek announced that the GOTG attraction that's coming to Epcot at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida will also be a roller coaster - and one of the longest in the world! Apparently, the ride feature a brand-new, innovative system, and will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort in 2021.

IM-Master-1.jpg

wow :lol:

give them a call and demand for one

when I first got mine I thought they'd be sending one every year but nope, I figure there'd be freebies too like a sticker here or there and whatnot but they really aren't going to give you anything extra

hell they can't even give different cards for different levels of AP

I went yesterday (first day of the new prices). Crazy to see the wait for security line and tickets were longer than I can ever remember. It was quite a difference with most of Main Street blocked off due to the railroad construction and quite a few attractions closed for refurbishment. Either way, it didn’t stop crowds from piling in.

To have attractions like Pinocchio at a 40min wait (usually 10-15 min max) and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at a 45min wait (usually 5-15 min max) at this time of year was still shocking. I would have hoped Disney waited until closer to the opening of Pixar Pier or major refurbishments to be completed before implementing the price increase.

Either way people are going to find a way to go. Luckily I just renewed my pass in the past few months so I’m good for now.

the security line being moved by the parking lot definitely makes it more crowded, probably because that where most are entering

they should have a line or two for those without bags though, it should help with the congestion

It's really discouraging seeing that Disney raised prices at a time a lot of construction is going on.

Hoping it won't be too crazy when I bring my daughter to the park. I hope the lines aren't too long for Pinocchio or Little Mermaid.

the security line being moved by the parking lot definitely makes it more crowded, probably because that where most are entering

they should have a line or two for those without bags though, it should help with the congestion

This. An express line would be great for people who just go without a bag or backpack even if that will be few and far between.

i believe the discount started at $10 for the lowest and it went up in increments of $10-$20 as you go higher in the tier

I think the highest was $60 or $80, its not much considering how much you're paying but that's still a full dinner (or two) after a park visit

really glad I got that free extra month when i renewed my pass last year

This. An express line would be great for people who just go without a bag or backpack even if that will be few and far between.

They have it now. I went in the main entrance off Harbor on Saturday and they had an express line for people without bags. Was so happy to see that.

I went yesterday (first day of the new prices). Crazy to see the wait for security line and tickets were longer than I can ever remember. It was quite a difference with most of Main Street blocked off due to the railroad construction and quite a few attractions closed for refurbishment. Either way, it didn’t stop crowds from piling in.

To have attractions like Pinocchio at a 40min wait (usually 10-15 min max) and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters at a 45min wait (usually 5-15 min max) at this time of year was still shocking. I would have hoped Disney waited until closer to the opening of Pixar Pier or major refurbishments to be completed before implementing the price increase.

Either way people are going to find a way to go. Luckily I just renewed my pass in the past few months so I’m good for now.

today is lincoln's birthday, a lot of kids are off.

i believe the discount started at $10 for the lowest and it went up in increments of $10-$20 as you go higher in the tier

I think the highest was $60 or $80, its not much considering how much you're paying but that's still a full dinner (or two) after a park visit

really glad I got that free extra month when i renewed my pass last year
That discount adds up when your multiplying it by 5.

For you guys who’ve been to Disney World recently...

Anybody see the Rose Gold Sequined Minnie Ears? We’re headed out there on Wednesday and I wanted to see if there were any spots that you specifically saw them...Wife kept missing them the last time we went to Disneyland...

Anybody see the Rose Gold Sequined Minnie Ears? We’re headed out there on Wednesday and I wanted to see if there were any spots that you specifically saw them...Wife kept missing them the last time we went to Disneyland...

i’ll be at disneyland in a few weeks, i can check for you.

i was at disney world a few months ago and don’t remember seeing them

my friend just got a pair around 2 weeks ago at disneyland. she went on a weekday though.

i’ll be at disneyland in a few weeks, i can check for you.

i was at disney world a few months ago and don’t remember seeing them

The ears are easily available now. You should have no problem finding them. When I got them for my daughter and fiancé they had them behind the counters in a box and we had to wait in a line. Now they have them displayed out for anyone to grab.

Booked a 3 day Disney World trip for me, my girlfriend, and my son. Now im second guessing if this is too short of a trip? We'll be doing two parks...1 per a day, and one of the days just exploring anything and doing random stuff . Anyone think 3 days is still sufficient? I guess the good part is it'll give me a reason to come back next time and check the other parks/stuff, etc.

https://mobile.southwest.com/special-offer/click_n_save_sale_180213_offers

Book by 2/15. 21-day advance purchase required. Blackout dates apply. Seats, travel days, and markets limited. Domestic travel valid 3/6/18 – 6/13/2018. Travel to/from San Juan, Puerto Rico valid 4/3/18 – 5/17/2018. International travel valid 4/3/18 – 5/17/2018. Points bookings do not include government fees from $5.60 per one-way flight.

Booked a 3 day Disney World trip for me, my girlfriend, and my son. Now im second guessing if this is too short of a trip? We'll be doing two parks...1 per a day, and one of the days just exploring anything and doing random stuff . Anyone think 3 days is still sufficient? I guess the good part is it'll give me a reason to come back next time and check the other parks/stuff, etc.

Never been to world, but based off what others have said is if you want to see everything at least 4-5 days at the park. If you planning on going back tho, I guess 3 days is enough.

Back
Top Bottom