DJ Hero = Copped X one hundred trillion

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

i played it in the arcade years back....game is super difficult.
This is Activision's first attempt at a DJ sim. You're probably referring to
Crackin DJ
crackinDJ.jpg

or
IIDX
250px-Iidx15.jpg

which have been in arcades for years.

so ...

i FINALLY went to my local best buy to try this game out ...

Even though I was HORRIBLE, i enjoyed it. I figured with a bit of practice, I would get better. Its the mixer that is hard for me to get down. My wrist wasSORE AS HELL! I asked some friends who are big GH players about that, they said that they had the same issue when playing GH at first, because they had tobuild up a tolerance, and if i got DJH it would pass.

So I got back to thinking, maybe I will get it. Cause I don't care for GH or RB cause I don't have a huge interest in rock music.

The only thing I am on the ropes about is which one to get. The regular edition DOES NOT come with the stand/carry/storagecase correct? I need that I don't want like things laying out in my apartment. Everything has its place.

The Renegade Edition has a more fluid mixer, can anyone confirm this?

And I would be interested in those bonus em and jay mixes for sure.

I have not reserved it, at a $200 price point I am hoping to just roll up and find one since we are in a recession and all. I got some games I want to trade ittowards it.

My boy is the assistant manager at Gamestop. He took the demo unit home.
pimp.gif

We spent hours and hours on it, even though there's only 3 tracks for the demo.

The game is dope. The mixes are
eek.gif
eek.gif

The turntable doesn't feel cheap. And seems pretty sturdy.

Crazy fun.

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

so ...

i FINALLY went to my local best buy to try this game out ...

Even though I was HORRIBLE, i enjoyed it. I figured with a bit of practice, I would get better. Its the mixer that is hard for me to get down. My wrist was SORE AS HELL! I asked some friends who are big GH players about that, they said that they had the same issue when playing GH at first, because they had to build up a tolerance, and if i got DJH it would pass.

So I got back to thinking, maybe I will get it. Cause I don't care for GH or RB cause I don't have a huge interest in rock music.

The only thing I am on the ropes about is which one to get. The regular edition DOES NOT come with the carry/storage case correct? I need that I don't want like things laying out in my apartment. Everything has its place.

The Renegade Edition has a more fluid mixer, can anyone confirm this?

And I would be interested in those bonus em and jay mixes for sure.

I have not reserved it, at a $200 price point I am hoping to just roll up and find one since we are in a recession and all. I got some games I want to trade it towards it.
yo shay you always hop on the latest hot electronics item, then it ends up collecting dust
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

yo shay you always hop on the latest hot electronics item, then it ends up collecting dust
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

LOL, tell me one item i have done this with?

i use all my stuff, the only thing i sell is games after i beat them and i ditched my psp. anything else was sold due to upgrade, so i did not have a lot ofstuff sitting around actually.

still got all my other stuff! HMPH!

Being an actual DJ. I just can't get myself into it.

I was up on IIDX for a good portion of my early teenage years though.

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Your so cool.

I really want the Renegade edition but don't want to drop $200 for it. I got a friend working at BestBuy so hopefully he can hook it up. Anyone know howmuch of a discount BB employees get?

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Your so cool.
NO YOU'RE COOL BECAUSE YOU TRY AND CALL SOMEONE OUR FOR STATING A SIMPLE OPINION AND FACT.

Originally Posted by JuJu

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Your so cool.
NO YOU'RE COOL BECAUSE YOU TRY AND CALL SOMEONE OUR FOR STATING A SIMPLE OPINION AND FACT.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I just saw it at best buy tonight and this thing looks pretty cool. Probably won't buy because I suck at all these games. I don't even mess with rockband or guitar hero because I suck horribly.

Don't like it.

At first, used to laugh @ guitar players gettin' mad at Guitar Hero. I'm not laughing anymore as I look at/play DJ Hero in their point of view.

Activision and FreestyleGames keep advertising this game as an "accurate representation" of the culture.
grin.gif

I wouldn't be so mad if they advertised it as a game to "inspire" people.

And the controller just needs a bit more work. I need to be DEAD CENTER on the crossfader to score properly for both songs to play @ the same time?
grin.gif

The knob is in an odd place, easy to lose track of what you were doing with your crossfader hand.

And I don't care what gamers say, holding down a button to scratch is just downright awkward.
grin.gif

Don't even get me started on the music.
tired.gif

There are a few gems here and there. This track is actually fresh [props to J.Period, who only has TWO mixes in here
smh.gif
]:

I just better not see kids and parents expecting every DJ to be a mashup artist.

grin.gif

Edit ---//>
Originally Posted by donpoppa

isn't there another dj coming out called ultimate dj
Scratch: The Ultimate DJ.

It's literally Beatmania with a crossfader.

With Nelly in the tracklist.

I want to get this, but Im not sure.

I feel like the Rock Band series will put something out more enjoyable, because let's face it..everything in the Guitar Hero series is poorly made..

unless some of you who already have it can vouch for it...tracklist looks dope though.

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

I really want the Renegade edition but don't want to drop $200 for it. I got a friend working at BestBuy so hopefully he can hook it up. Anyone know how much of a discount BB employees get?
Your boy won't get more than $15-25 off. Enough to cover taxes depending on where you're from.

Originally Posted by xcg11pinoYx

I want to get this, but Im not sure.

I feel like the Rock Band series will put something out more enjoyable, because let's face it..everything in the Guitar Hero series is poorly made..

unless some of you who already have it can vouch for it...tracklist looks dope though.
i've got it. I can vouch for it. It's fun as hell.

anyone know if SCRATCH n dj hero which one is better? i know for scratch rebuix makes the controller

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by SickWitIt

I really want the Renegade edition but don't want to drop $200 for it. I got a friend working at BestBuy so hopefully he can hook it up. Anyone know how much of a discount BB employees get?
Your boy won't get more than $15-25 off. Enough to cover taxes depending on where you're from.
CA tax is robbery.
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom