DMX hospitalized in critical condition from overdose

Fearing for the worst, but hoping for the best. 30 minutes w/out oxygen is no bueno even if he does survive. Damn. :smh:

Props to everyone fighting addiction. I personally cannot understand the struggle, but I empathize with you all. Keep trying to fight the good fight.

You can be good if you’re without oxygen for 30 minutes.

It’s not good but you can wake up and be cool. It’s too early to tell.

idk how likely it is but it happens.

You can be good if you’re without oxygen for 30 minutes.

It’s not good but you can wake up and be cool. It’s too early to tell.

idk how likely it is but it happens.

You can't live without oxygen for 30 minutes. Aside from permanent brain death there are other organs that will completely shut down deprived of oxygen for that long. He had an MI so his heart would most likely be done. After 30 minutes without oxygen, you will inevitably develop multiple organ failure.

Chances are he wasn't actually completely deprived of oxygen for 30 minutes.

Last edited:
I vividly remember getting “It’s Dark and Hell is Hot” in the original double-disc casing with Def Jam’s “Survival of the Illest” serving as the 2nd disc.
X’s emergence into the game was like nothing I had ever seen.
His contributions should always be recognized,
and I’m grateful to have witnessed it in real time.
I hope one day his soul gets the rest that it deserves.
Just not like this. Hope he pulls through.

You can't live without oxygen for 30 minutes. Aside from permanent brain death there are other organs that will completely shut down deprived of oxygen for that long. He had an MI so his heart would most likely be done. After 30 minutes without oxygen, you will inevitably develop multiple organ failure.

Chances are he wasn't actually completely deprived of oxygen for 30 minutes.
Yeah you’re right, the person I know was only under water out for 5 minutes without oxygen and I forgot cold water helps the brain in a drowning.

Not looking good for Dark Man X. Damn. :frown:

The 50-year-old rapper is currently on life support and reportedly in a “vegetative state” ex-manager, Nakia Walker, told The New York Times.

“We’re just praying,” she told the outlet, adding that members of the Simmons family have been allowed to visit him in the hospital. Walker also confirmed with Buzzfeed News that Simmons is “still in the same condition – in a vegetative state, [with] lung and brain failure and no brain activity.”

Back
Top Bottom