Do friends ask friends for compensation?

"if youa grown man and the first thing you do in the morning iseat cereal go kill yourself" he posted this about 30minutes after i woke up and ate a bowl of cereal.

anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

I don't even let family borrow money. I know my peoples, I will never see that money again. Honestly, I only have 1 persons who I would let borrow money.

Some years back, my boy who I had known for 20 + years asked to borrow money. No biggie right? I'd lent him money before. No issues. Going on 2 weeks, I bring it up about my money. Turns out the money was for one of his co-workers. My boy hit my up for money to lend it to one of his co-workers. I'm like, WTF!!?? Needless to say that was the last time I lent that dude money. We stopped talking over some other BS.

I don't care if people call me stingy. I work hard for my money. I'm no millionaire to be just giving people money and not getting it back.

I don't even let family borrow money. I know my peoples, I will never see that money again. Honestly, I only have 1 persons who I would let borrow money.

Some years back, my boy who I had known for 20 + years asked to borrow money. No biggie right? I'd lent him money before. No issues. Going on 2 weeks, I bring it up about my money. Turns out the money was for one of his co-workers. My boy hit my up for money to lend it to one of his co-workers. I'm like, WTF!!?? Needless to say that was the last time I lent that dude money. We stopped talking over some other BS.

I don't care if people call me stingy. I work hard for my money. I'm no millionaire to be just giving people money and not getting it back.

One of the most crucial lessons I've learned is to not "lend" money to people. If you must, only lend an amount you are willing to give them as a gift because chances are that is what it will become. It doesn't matter how well you think you know the person, because people do not operate the same when money is involved.

One of the most crucial lessons I've learned is to not "lend" money to people. If you must, only lend an amount you are willing to give them as a gift because chances are that is what it will become. It doesn't matter how well you think you know the person, because people do not behave the same when money is involved.
My limit is $100

Maybe he forgot? Coulda just said "oh hey you forgot to hit me up with gas money, just venmo me.......by the end of the day......or else....."

You know something casual that sounds like you're joking but also could sound serious. This co-worker sounds pretty immature though to be honest.

Maybe he forgot? Coulda just said "oh hey you forgot to hit me up with gas money, just venmo me.......by the end of the day......or else....."

You know something casual that sounds like you're joking but also could sound serious. This co-worker sounds pretty immature though to be honest.
Another way would be like "Hey my rent is due next week and money is tight. If you can hit me with the gas/toll soon that will be great". It's the end of the month after all. This should work unless the host is loaded or owns the home.

It sounds like a one off thing and not a habit. Let the homie ride. Driving him to the wedding seems to be a bit much much but I’m sure that can be waivered

Free lodging, ride and presumably food?

Your coworker got played. His fault for not speaking up either.

This. I tell my friends up front, if you asked to stay, you’re welcome to buttttt you’re taking me out to eat as an exchange.

It would be different if I offered you to stay. Then that’s on me.

Back
Top Bottom