Do not eat a Umi Sushi in Atlanta, Georgia!

It was probably the Summer of 2013, it was a group of like 6 of us in line trying to get into LIV on Collins. (SOuth Beach)

We were in line for a minute, you now how they do with picking who they want to come in. Usually light skinned women.

So when we got to the front of they line, they told my man he couldn't come into the club.

Reason? He had stripes on his polo. :lol:

Plenty of people were in with polos but he couldn't be let in because it had stripes. :lol:

So that video posted above is funny but it is true as hell.

But racism was SO long ago JRepp23 JRepp23 . We should get over it and stop being mad about a time we didn't endure. :lol:

Gotta stop begging these folks for inclusion. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere that segregated anyway. 50 patrons in the club, and only 2 black people, hell nall
I feel you but I don't mind folks pointing out the hypocrisy.

Also, I wouldn't mind owners/managers getting knocked out for their practices.

I know it's Elton John, but...
1603937378519.jpeg

Wonder what shoes these dudes in Tees had on

tbh if it was any celebrity i'd probably accomodate

Dude might have a discrimination case because it says no sneakers. Then they changed it to "dress sneakers" when he asked.

I remember a club invited a dude that was a little popular on YouTube to sing at the spot but when he got there with his crew, they didn't let him in bc he had on chucks. He wasn't exactly a celebrity, just had a little buzz in the city at the time. I thought that was odd.

Definitely a racial undertone and I guarantee some white or asian people have been in there with af1 with no issue, esp since that's what a lot of the young girls are wearing.

It's basically an [illegal] unspoken rule in that situation: if you have something that's borderline against the rules, you better not be black.

Reminds me of a something that happened at a rooftop pool spot here in Austin called rio. They said they didn't allow jerseys, I had on a kobe jersey, but an Asian dude in front of me got in with a soccer jersey. I pointed it out but just took the Jersey off bc I had a t shirt underneath and I was just ready to get in. They basically wanted to say "no football/basketball or baseball jerseys".

They ultimately don't want an urban look associated with their brand.

Another spot in Houston called drinkery had a 100% racist owner and bouncer. Turning minorities away for the smallest, dumbest reason: pants too baggy (express pants), not wearing socks with loafers (person showed that they were wearing ankle socks and still couldn't get in), tattoo on neck. They got closed down a while ago.
Back in Baltimore they used to have this one bouncer at Hammerjacks on thursdays when it was more of a mixed crowd than usual...Yo was so wild he wouldn’t even front like it’s bout a dress code or any rules or nothin, would just straight look at a group of black dudes and tell em G T F O line :smh: ...Everybody hated him, will never forget how yo acted

Back in Baltimore they used to have this one bouncer at Hammerjacks on thursdays when it was more of a mixed crowd than usual...Yo was so wild he wouldn’t even front like it’s bout a dress code or any rules or nothin, would just straight look at a group of black dudes and tell em G T F O line :smh: ...Everybody hated him, will never forget how yo acted
Another spot in Houston was charging minorites at the door but letting white people in free. Got caught by an attorney that watched nearby.

And from what I hear, in certain asian countries, they just outright say no black people allowed. I've never wanted to visit anywhere in Asia and I've never been into asian women. That just emphasizes it more.

i worked in a club. The race ratio is a very real thing
I can "feel" it all the time. Just like pretty girls get treated a certain way, on the opposite end, minorities get treated a certain way. I know the music is a big sign of what type of crowd they want. The night spot in north austin used to be so when i moved here I'm 2017. Every spot played techno/pop. You'd be lucky to hear a hip-hop artist mixed in with a techno track. Then November 2017, it ALL changed. One weekend it was slightly more hood, popular rap songs. The next weekend it was all out hood. Old Jeezy, Gucci, boosie, etc. It was like that for a minute and the crowd definitely shifted. Old head og's started pulling up with RIP shirts, chicks with fishnet bodysuits and red hair. A week or so later they dialed it back to kinda hood and it's been the same ever since.

Adidas dress sneakers?
They look like the Prada Adidas Superstars that retailed for $600.

He could have let homie slide but it happens and Buckhead can be petty like that. No different than the club that says no chucks or sambas but if you have on balenciaga arenas or margiela gats they’ll do a quick shoe check and let you right in.

Last edited:
If they don't want us in their establishments stop begging them to give them your money. There's gotta be black owned spots who won't make up bs because you don't have the right skin color.
Yea as I got a lil older and wasn’t pressed bout what’s spots is “poppin” or got a buzz I only go to places where I feel 100% comfortable and have no problem with the service

Like last time I was down Miami we ain’t got no clubs or nothin cuz we had everything we needed outside on the beach with no lines or hassles :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Owner is a POS. Is it that hard to say, “You know what, you’re right, she has on sneakers. It’s unfair to kick you out and leave her in there. Here are your seats.” Their No Sneakers policy is bull****.
Yeah allowing him in would've been the stand up thing to do... But they know it's not really the sneakers that's the issue. Ironically this will dissuade black people from going there... which is what they want in the end, so unfortunately they kinda win.

Back
Top Bottom