Do some girls plan to be stay at home moms?

Y'all mofos is hypocritical and funny as ishhhh.

I can't possibly count how many times I've seen dudes type "college is overrated" and "college aint for everyone"...type ishh onhere. Funny thing is that, after someone types that, many of y'all co-sign it.

Now tell me--what's so different about THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. College may not be for ol' girl and/or shemay be of the opinion that college is overrated. So why all the hate when she is merely subscribing to a line of thinking many of y'all have given thumbsup to. Hell I'm pretty sure she has better credentials than some of you in here.

have you told her how you feel?

i was in the same situation as her. i had a lower SAT score than that, i really didn't even want to go to college, of course i didn't know what iwanted to major in, and i played sports but there was no place on the application for extracurricular when i actually did apply. but it took me wanting toprove some one like yourself wrong for me to actually give a damn

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

I can't possibly count how many times I've seen dudes type "college is overrated" and "college aint for everyone"...type ishh on here. Funny thing is that, after someone types that, many of y'all co-sign it.

Now tell me--what's so different about THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. College may not be for ol' girl and/or she may be of the opinion that college is overrated. So why all the hate when she is merely subscribing to a line of thinking many of y'all have given thumbs up to. Hell I'm pretty sure she has better credentials than some of you in here.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Maybe college is overrated, but at the same time, is it acceptable tobe an idiot and not even pass high school? "Oh well, I'm turning 18, I wanna be a stay at home mom" the hell?[/color]
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. I haven't read all the comments in here so I don't know whereanyone said shorty so go to college, but dude, High School?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Howdoes one come to say "I'm not going to *$$@ with my life, I wanna stay at home and do nothing" you're a waste to society with that mindset..I know people who breezed through college and said "College is overrated" (I really don't see your point), but at least they were just looking toget to the next level (a career) and actually start doing something.[/color]

Originally Posted by imaballerballer

have you told her how you feel?

i was in the same situation as her. i had a lower SAT score than that, i really didn't even want to go to college, of course i didn't know what i wanted to major in, and i played sports but there was no place on the application for extracurricular when i actually did apply. but it took me wanting to prove some one like yourself wrong for me to actually give a damn

That's a great point. I think she left here thinking to herself that I was a jerk for putting her on the spot like that. I really just wanted to know whatshe was trying to do with herself, not putting her down. Maybe she'll respond like you did. I hope she does.

I can't possibly count how many times I've seen dudes type "college is overrated" and "college aint for everyone"...type ishh on here. Funny thing is that, after someone types that, many of y'all co-sign it.

Now tell me--what's so different about THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. College may not be for ol' girl and/or she may be of the opinion that college is overrated. So why all the hate when she is merely subscribing to a line of thinking many of y'all have given thumbs up to. Hell I'm pretty sure she has better credentials than some of you in here.

It's not just that she doesn't want to go to college. I do agree college isn't for everyone. However at 17, with no goals or aspirations, why notgo to college and see what happens. I tried to explain this to her. She isn't against college, it just sounds like she doesn't really care that much. Idon't know, getting through to someone that doesn't care is hard. I know in like 30 years she'll regret not taking this seriously.

alot of stay at home moms do go to school...

they have to support themself some how until they get married...

Most def. I'm in college and know chicks who can't wait to get married to a dude and be a house wife. The worst part is that they're taking thespot of someone who has real drive and aspiration

Originally Posted by ProduccionFrescos

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Maybe college is overrated, but at the same time, is it acceptable to be an idiot and not even pass high school? "Oh well, I'm turning 18, I wanna be a stay at home mom" the hell?[/color]
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. I haven't read all the comments in here so I don't know where anyone said shorty so go to college, but dude, High School?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does one come to say "I'm not going to *$$@ with my life, I wanna stay at home and do nothing" you're a waste to society with that mindset.. I know people who breezed through college and said "College is overrated" (I really don't see your point), but at least they were just looking to get to the next level (a career) and actually start doing something.[/color]

WOW...either you're dyslexic, horrible at extrapolation, or seriously full of it. Heck, you could be all three...

I do not recall OP mentioning anything about his cousin failing school--or being an idiot for that matter. Furthermore, she never stated or hinted that shewanted or desired to be a stay at home mom. That was an allusion on the part of OP stemming from a JOKE his brother made, and the observation that "shewas getting busy in the kitchen helping out..." OP mother prep dinner.

So she's not exemplary in high school. Believe me, that's not a big deal. I know high school "failures" who stepped it up in college, afterbarely getting in, and currently have 4.0s in their 5th year of Pharmacy School. Point is, what you do in high school is not as important as what you do incollege. Even so, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. We clearly all think differently and take on the challenges of life at our own pace.

She may not want to entertain the idea of college NOW, but that isn't to say that she is OPPOSED to the idea in the foreseeable future. She may not havethe motivation or aspiration you would hope for her now at this point in time (OP), but that isn't saying that she is lacking in that department or foreverdoomed in that department. Everyone has moments when they are lacking in said motivation and entirely unreceptive to external pushes-- I've been there,I'm sure OP has been there, just as I am sure YOU'VE been there (frontin' *** ninja...
eyes.gif
). So to come out and call someone a "waste of society" because theyaren't where YOU would want, expect, and/or hope for them to be is highly ignorant on your part. A person who thinks like you, word to your previous post,is the real "waste of society".

It's sad that you lambast someone because of their credentials when in fact, someone would look at yours, associative resume included, and consider it tobe a pathetic excuse at comedy not even worthy of criticism.

Yep. I remember one day back in HS a girl was joking around about her not needing to do anything in classes because she was "going to be living off of herman anyway"
indifferent.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Maybe college is overrated, but at the same time, is it acceptable to be an idiot and not even pass high school? "Oh well, I'm turning 18, I wanna be a stay at home mom" the hell?[/color]
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. I haven't read all the comments in here so I don't know where anyone said shorty so go to college, but dude, High School?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does one come to say "I'm not going to *$$@ with my life, I wanna stay at home and do nothing" you're a waste to society with that mindset.. I know people who breezed through college and said "College is overrated" (I really don't see your point), but at least they were just looking to get to the next level (a career) and actually start doing something.[/color]

WOW...either you're dyslexic, horrible at extrapolation, or seriously full of it. Heck, you could be all three...

I do not recall OP mentioning anything about his cousin failing school--or being an idiot for that matter. Furthermore, she never stated or hinted that she wanted or desired to be a stay at home mom. That was an allusion on the part of OP stemming from a JOKE his brother made, and the observation that "she was getting busy in the kitchen helping out..." OP mother prep dinner.

So she's not exemplary in high school. Believe me, that's not a big deal. I know high school "failures" who stepped it up in college, after barely getting in, and currently have 4.0s in their 5th year of Pharmacy School. Point is, what you do in high school is not as important as what you do in college. Even so, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. We clearly all think differently and take on the challenges of life at our own pace.

She may not want to entertain the idea of college NOW, but that isn't to say that she is OPPOSED to the idea in the foreseeable future. She may not have the motivation or aspiration you would hope for her now at this point in time (OP), but that isn't saying that she is lacking in that department or forever doomed in that department. Everyone has moments when they are lacking in said motivation and entirely unreceptive to external pushes-- I've been there, I'm sure OP has been there, just as I am sure YOU'VE been there (frontin' *** ninja...
eyes.gif
). So to come out and call someone a "waste of society" because they aren't where YOU would want, expect, and/or hope for them to be is highly ignorant on your part. A person who thinks like you, word to your previous post, is the real "waste of society".
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Hold up, how am I frontin?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I barely mentioned anything about ME, yet you came to that conclusion?
alien.gif
Lack of motivation? Pleeease, I go through those phases a lot.. which is whyI'm usually up at 3 or 4 am writing papers, but I know where I want to be therefore I'm gonna do it... Point that I'm making is this, ol girlobviously doesn't care about school and like OP said "She has no aspirations or goals.".. TO ME, that means you have nothing to be around for, nogoals? no aspirations? can't get through high school (most likely she can but once again, she doesn't care).. I mean, if you have nothing to lookforward to, then wth? No passion whatsoever?
eek.gif
Those kind of peopleusually end up to be drug addicts or alchys (take your pick).. I can't fathom the thought to cuff a woman who "just doesn't give a!%!*"[/color]

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

It's not just that she doesn't want to go to college. I do agree college isn't for everyone. However at 17, with no goals or aspirations, why not go to college and see what happens. I tried to explain this to her. She isn't against college, it just sounds like she doesn't really care that much. I don't know, getting through to someone that doesn't care is hard. I know in like 30 years she'll regret not taking this seriously.

Actually, the way I see it, the worst possible thing someone in her situation can do, at this point in time, where goals and aspirations are lacking, is to goto college. Remember, college is a huge responsibility, financially speaking. She literally cannot afford, and should not go to college if she presently lacksdirection and inclination. In my opinion, it's best that she impede her matriculation into college until she genuinely finds her "calling" or"passion". Just my opinion...

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

addicts is a bit much don't you think? she's young...she has time...
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Ehh it is[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. but you get the gist of what I'm saying[/color]

I'd be a stay at home dad if my wife was making $200k + as a news reporter or some %*@+.

But anyway, your cousin is ******ed, all offenses intended.

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

I do not recall OP mentioning anything about his cousin failing school--or being an idiot for that matter. Furthermore, she never stated or hinted that she wanted or desired to be a stay at home mom. That was an allusion on the part of OP stemming from a JOKE his brother made, and the observation that "she was getting busy in the kitchen helping out..." OP mother prep dinner.

So she's not exemplary in high school. Believe me, that's not a big deal. I know high school "failures" who stepped it up in college, after barely getting in, and currently have 4.0s in their 5th year of Pharmacy School. Point is, what you do in high school is not as important as what you do in college. Even so, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. We clearly all think differently and take on the challenges of life at our own pace.

She may not want to entertain the idea of college NOW, but that isn't to say that she is OPPOSED to the idea in the foreseeable future. She may not have the motivation or aspiration you would hope for her now at this point in time (OP), but that isn't saying that she is lacking in that department or forever doomed in that department. Everyone has moments when they are lacking in said motivation and entirely unreceptive to external pushes-- I've been there, I'm sure OP has been there, just as I am sure YOU'VE been there (frontin' *** ninja...
eyes.gif
). So to come out and call someone a "waste of society" because they aren't where YOU would want, expect, and/or hope for them to be is highly ignorant on your part. A person who thinks like you, word to your previous post, is the real "waste of society".
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I barely mentioned anything about ME, yet you came to that conclusion?
alien.gif
Lack of motivation? Pleeease, I go through those phases a lot.. which is why I'm usually up at 3 or 4 am writing papers, but I know where I want to be therefore I'm gonna do it... Point that I'm making is this, ol girl obviously doesn't care about school and like OP said "She has no aspirations or goals.".. TO ME, that means you have nothing to be around for, no goals? no aspirations? can't get through high school (most likely she can but once again, she doesn't care).. I mean, if you have nothing to look forward to, then wth? No passion whatsoever?
eek.gif
Those kind of people usually end up to be drug addicts or alchys (take your pick).. I can't fathom the thought to cuff a woman who "just doesn't give a !%!*"[/color]
Did you really just set a 17 year old girl up for addiction and alcoholism because she is misguided right now?
eek.gif
Because everybody has the next step planned in life?

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Did you really just set a 17 year old girl up for addiction and alcoholism because she is misguided right now?
eek.gif
Because everybody has the next step planned in life?
My sister sure as hell doesn't know her next step in life. She didn't go to community college or college at all, and she's 23. Shenever talks to us, has a terrible job, went to Vegas a month ago, if I remember through Facebook, yeah she's a wreck right now. At least try to get acollege degree or community college. As I recall reading, the new HS diploma is the college degree.

There's always the military option for her. Sets you up straight, and by all means, I'm keeping it on the list of things I'll do if I can'thandle college at all.

Originally Posted by kicksfiend

SuperAntigen wrote:

I can't possibly count how many times I've seen dudes type "college is overrated" and "college aint for everyone"...type ishh on
here. Funny thing is that, after someone types that, many of y'all co-sign it.

Now tell me--what's so different about THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. College may not be for ol' girl and/or she
may be of the opinion that college is overrated. So why all the hate when she is merely subscribing to a line of thinking many of y'all have given thumbs
up to. Hell I'm pretty sure she has better credentials than some of you in here.

It's not just that she doesn't want to go to college. I do agree college isn't for everyone. However at 17, with no goals or aspirations, why not
go to college and see what happens. I tried to explain this to her. She isn't against college, it just sounds like she doesn't really care that much. I
don't know, getting through to someone that doesn't care is hard. I know in like 30 years she'll regret not taking this seriously.

Actually, the way I see it, the worst possible thing someone in her situation can do, at this point in time, where goals and aspirations are lacking, is to go to college. Remember, college is a huge responsibility, financially speaking. She literally cannot afford, and should not go to college if she presently lacks direction and inclination. In my opinion, it's best that she impede her matriculation into college until she genuinely finds her "calling" or "passion". Just my opinion...

Honestly (and this is getting personal but whatever), she's in the complete opposite position than I was in at her age. I went to Stuyvesant (well knownhigh school in NYC), got pretty good grades and got into a bunch of schools. However my pops didn't want to pay for school and my mom couldn't so Iended up going to Baruch (not even honors because I applied last minute after deciding I wasn't gonna take out 40-50k loans) and paying for school myself.She'd be able to go to any school she could get into (what I've been told, her father makes quite a bit of money). Maybe it's the spoiled kidmentality that caused it but IMO there's no excuse for not having any goals. I figure if she's able to get into college, she should go and see what shebecomes interested in. There'd be no financial strain from the tuition and honestly, she'd probably end up doing nothing if she doesn't go tocollege. I spoke to my aunt (her mother, who brought up the whole college discussion) and I basically told her to look into large public schools where shewon't pay an arm and a leg but her daughter could take a wide range of classes until she finds something that interests her.

ProduccionFrescos wrote:

SuperAntigen wrote:

I can't possibly count how many times I've seen dudes type "college is overrated" and "college aint for everyone"...type ishh
on here. Funny thing is that, after someone types that, many of y'all co-sign it.

Now tell me--what's so different about THIS PARTICULAR SITUATION. College may not be for ol' girl and/or
she may be of the opinion that college is overrated. So why all the hate when she is merely subscribing to a line of thinking many of y'all have given
thumbs up to. Hell I'm pretty sure she has better credentials than some of you in here.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Maybe college is overrated, but at the same time, is it acceptable
to be an idiot and not even pass high school? "Oh well, I'm turning 18, I wanna be a stay at home mom" the hell?[/color]
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. I haven't read all the comments in here so I don't know where
anyone said shorty so go to college, but dude, High School?[/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]How does one come to say "I'm not going to *$$@ with my life, I wanna stay at home
and do nothing" you're a waste to society with that mindset.. I know people who breezed through college and said "College is overrated" (I
really don't see your point), but at least they were just looking to get to the next level (a career) and actually start doing something.[/color]

I do not recall OP mentioning anything about his cousin failing school--or being an idiot for that matter. Furthermore, she never stated or hinted that she
wanted or desired to be a stay at home mom. That was an allusion on the part of OP stemming from a JOKE his brother made, and the observation that "she
was getting busy in the kitchen helping out..." OP mother prep dinner.

So she's not exemplary in high school. Believe me, that's not a big deal. I know high school "failures" who stepped it up in college, after
barely getting in, and currently have 4.0s in their 5th year of Pharmacy School. Point is, what you do in high school is not as important as what you do in
college. Even so, EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT. We clearly all think differently and take on the challenges of life at our own pace.

She may not want to entertain the idea of college NOW, but that isn't to say that she is OPPOSED to the idea in the foreseeable future. She may not have
the motivation or aspiration you would hope for her now at this point in time (OP), but that isn't saying that she is lacking in that department or forever
doomed in that department. Everyone has moments when they are lacking in said motivation and entirely unreceptive to external pushes-- I've been there,
I'm sure OP has been there, just as I am sure YOU'VE been there (frontin' *** ninja...
eyes.gif
). So to come out and call someone a "waste of society" because they
aren't where YOU would want, expect, and/or hope for them to be is highly ignorant on your part. A person who thinks like you, word to your previous post,
is the real "waste of society".

laugh.gif
alien.gif
Lack of motivation? Pleeease, I go through those phases a lot.. which is why I'm usually up at 3 or 4 am writing papers, but I know where I want to be therefore I'm gonna do it... Point that I'm making is this, ol girl obviously doesn't care about school and like OP said "She has no aspirations or goals.".. TO ME, that means you have nothing to be around for, no goals? no aspirations? can't get through high school (most likely she can but once again, she doesn't care).. I mean, if you have nothing to look forward to, then wth? No passion whatsoever?
eek.gif
Those kind of people usually end up to be drug addicts or alchys (take your pick).. I can't fathom the thought to cuff a woman who "just doesn't give a !%!*"[/color]

The addiction thing is actually funny to me because for a minute I thought she might be cutting classes to smoke weed or something. I smoked in high school(and college) and I figured partying/drinking/smoking was the cause of the poor grades. When I asked her about it I even mentioned my own smoking thinking itwould loosen the tension and get her to own up but sadly that's not it. She's just not into school. She's one of those Miley Cyrus loving, Twilightreading wannabe hipster chicks. The worst thing is, her parents spoil her ridiculous and I feel like that's the reason she doesn't take school/lifegoals seriously. That's also why I made this thread because I kind of got the feeling she thinks she's always going to be taken care of and that wentinto my brothers comment about just marrying her off.

1600s on the SATs is actually pretty good.. unless you trying to get into IVY and stuff.. I know people who have 1100s and still get into UCs

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

if so they have no ambition or drive to do anything
Way to generalize. A lot of men actually like the idea of a traditional family life where the mom stays at home to raise kids. If she'ssitting around doing nothing with no kids, it's one thing, but during their formative years it's not a terrible thing to have mom around to take themto school, pick them, be involved in their activities.Granted financial situations make it difficult for many people, but still...

Originally Posted by HyphySole

1600s on the SATs is actually pretty good.. unless you trying to get into IVY and stuff.. I know people who have 1100s and still get into UCs

1100s out of 2400? That's 360 a section...

Back
Top Bottom