Do The Blurred Gender Lines Of Today Not Bother You?

Nope, I have bigger things to be affected by. And growing up in MN, you learn how to catch and clean your own fish, game, whatever. It's not a man thing,it's a growing up in the middle of nowhere thing
laugh.gif
we were taught how to swim by being tossed (or falling) into a lake. That being said, if I was goingto have children I'd want a son. Boys are more fun than girls.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

It's a new year but some things don't change on NT
laugh.gif

SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME shut it down on the second page and I like how OP didn't even respond to him.

'Cause OP doesn't ever want to "converse" with anyone who legitimately views things different. I noticed this tendency on his part andactually called him out, earlier in this thread, about it and as expected, dude has yet to respond...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

gambit215, not only is that post very ignorant, but you'll probably get banned for it if you don't edit.

lol, my exact response. im glad i haven't read this thread....

Originally Posted by I D0NT PASS

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

I just want consistency. If women are independent, they should have no problem paying for dates and such. No two ways around it.
sums up how I feel about it
yep.

nuffin like a DC post to get da blood flowin
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Anytime I see a man with 2+ girls and NO sons, I say, "I feel sorry for him." Of course it is a blessing to be able to have kids in the first place, but the potential bond between a man and boy is something that many of us dudes would love to experience. Showing him how to NOT wear skinny jeans or let females dominate him and his cell phone or his # of visits to NT. Showing the young dude how to shave, change oil, fish, or any other MAN activity. Man that is the TRUE blessing in having a boy child.
i agree with you 100%
at least i share the same views with one person on this site.

Word
I'll cosign.
I don't even know a lotta black dudes who know how to fish or change oil...I know of one
grin.gif
I'm black and can do both. But then again i'm from maryland and fishing/crabbing is big here...oil changing is enjoyable to me, aside from saving money, the sense of accomplishment is a nice boost.

Just had a son in july and i'm soo siced, but i actually want a girl as well.
you are NOT the norm, unfortunately
tired.gif

Originally Posted by TheTrapezeSwinger

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

• Men being content with wearing women's clothing/accessories
I'm not clear on what you mean by this. Do you mean men are wearing skirts and carrying purses nowadays or some other article of clothing that YOU deem as feminine? Trends in fashion come and go. There was a time in the 70's for instance where certain fashions were looked at as blurring the lines of gender, but that passed and even though there are such trends in fashion there are also others that remain very "traditional." There are no absolutes especially with things that change and/or evolve such as clothing. If that was the case you'd be wearing nothing, but a suit, tie and fedora like people did more than half a century ago or thigh high stockings, powdered wigs and sequined velvets outfits like they did 500 years ago, but I doubt you'd be caught dead in either of those.

• Women becoming more and more dominant in relationships as time goes on
Dominant as in having more of a say in matters that affect both people in the relationship instead of keeping quiet and doing as told? With advanced responsibilities in society and many women taking on more roles not only in their own homes and relationships, but in their respective professions they have not only gained more liberties to have more of a say in things, but they've also earned it.

• Men/Women not embracing traditional gender related skills of men/women (handymanship, cooking, cleaning)
If people were to obey traditional roles (not only gender related roles such as the trivial ones you mentioned), there would still be a lot of people in bondage. I think it's time for you to accept that these notions of yours are not only outdated, but extremely sexist and that you shouldn't hold these as a badge of honor, but rather a burden of your left back chauvinist mentality that most people in this society have managed to get past.

• Homosexuality is more accepted than ever (not calling any homosexual person a bad person)
You may not be calling any homosexual person a "bad person," but you are nonetheless making a negative judgment about a person's identity by insinuating that homosexuality bothers you because it is one of the things responsible for the breakdown in YOUR views on gender without so much as taking into account the majority of gay people who don't fit into the stereotypical roles that you seem to hold about them.

It just seems that that gender racial identification is no longer a priority to us. I thought when a person is first identified, that their sex race was the most important thing. When someone's sex race is identified, at one point, we could sorta assume the skill set that they possesed.
You're no different than the common bigot everyone rallies against when similar comments are flung at people of color.
QFT

I know its been 7 pages but I just want to requote this for being such a well thought out reply.

I agree with every response he said.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting a gay son and not wanting only daughters.

I'm have about the most progressive views and im a huge gay rights supporters. But some of ya'll are reaching very hard knocking somebody for notwanting a daughter or gay son.

Some people want a son you can play basketball with and do stereotypical male stuff that they did growing up. There's nothing wrong with that...although Idid find A LOT wrong with DC's Original Post.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

laugh.gif
funny you brought this up...my girl just mentioned something to me about it today while we were in the mall....

She was saying how the "boyfriend" look is in for women (baggier clothes etc), while a lot of men are wearing skinny/slim fits and what not....

but to answer your question, it doesn't really bother me...because as cliche as it sounds, "I do me."

Well said, sir
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by DanniTheKid

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by Nawth21

That being said, if I was going to have children I'd want a son. Boys are more fun than girls.
i want like 6 kids...all boys
laugh.gif
glad you guys see the light

Boys>girls
Men>Women

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Til ya son turn out like
celeb_samwell.jpg
Two snaps and a twist
laugh.gif

The only thing that really bothers me is the clothing. I can't see how u a grown man wearin pants so tight u can't pull em all the way up. I thought wewas off saggin.

As far as women bein more dominant. In many African cultures, the mother is the head of household, she is the cornerstone so that doesn't bother. We asAmerican are too hung up in societal roles and conforming to social norms when the norms aren't even described clearly

Nawth21 wrote:
Nope, I have bigger things to be affected by. And growing up in MN, you learn how to catch and clean your own fish, game, whatever. It's not a man thing, it's a growing up in the middle of nowhere thing
laugh.gif
we were taught how to swim by being tossed (or falling) into a lake. That being said, if I was going to have children I'd want a son. Boys are more fun than girls.
You just said girls can so whatever boys can, but want a son over a daughter.
frown.gif
Don't you have a step daughter? Ever tell her shes not as good as aboy?
ohwell.gif

Evolution is an amazing thing. We might not be exactly the same as the next mammal, reptile, etc., but we will evolve and and change through out thegenerations like the rest of them. The genetic material we consist of is forever changing - yet we are the ones getting freaked out when all around us, thereare so many different types of species with varieties within them. Funny how we don't make a big deal out of that, but we can make a big deal out of aunisex gender and/or "third gender".

To me, it's not that serious. Change is beautiful. Let it do it's thang.

Originally Posted by stepheezy

Evolution is an amazing thing. We might not be exactly the same as the next mammal, reptile, etc., but we will evolve and and change through out the generations like the rest of them. The genetic material we consist of is forever changing - yet we are the ones getting freaked out when all around us, there are so many different types of species with varieties within them. Funny how we don't make a big deal out of that, but we can make a big deal out of a unisex gender and/or "third gender".

To me, it's not that serious. Change is beautiful. Let it do it's thang.
uh oh! you brought up evolution. There are some in this thread that don't believe in such logic. Man. Six days. Boom.

Originally Posted by beaner04

Nawth21 wrote:
Nope, I have bigger things to be affected by. And growing up in MN, you learn how to catch and clean your own fish, game, whatever. It's not a man thing, it's a growing up in the middle of nowhere thing
laugh.gif
we were taught how to swim by being tossed (or falling) into a lake. That being said, if I was going to have children I'd want a son. Boys are more fun than girls.
frown.gif
Don't you have a step daughter? Ever tell her shes not as good as a boy?
ohwell.gif

Girls can do whatever boys can do, well the ability is there but that doesn't mean they will. Yes, I have an insta-kid
laugh.gif
and I never said girls are "not as good" as boys, but in general theyare a lot more fun in regards to the acitivities I enjoy, as children, from what little I have experienced. I'm not a moron, I'd never say anythinglike that to a boy or girl
laugh.gif
Kids are impressionable, you can't justsay what you want when you want around them. I'm just speaking hypothetically if I were to have BIOLOGICAL children of my own, I'd want a boy. Ithink most women want a little girl, but that's ok too.

^ Yee, i know not everyone agrees with that, but it's just my thoughts on the topic. Idk why some people see the "gender roles being switched" athreat.

Nawth21 wrote:
laugh.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

Girls can do whatever boys can do, well the ability is there but that doesn't mean they will. Yes, I have an insta-kid
laugh.gif
and I never said girls are "not as good" as boys, but in general they are a lot more fun in regards to the acitivities I enjoy, as children, from what little I have experienced. I'm not a moron, I'd never say anything like that to a boy or girl
laugh.gif
Kids are impressionable, you can't just say what you want when you want around them. I'm just speaking hypothetically if I were to have BIOLOGICAL children of my own, I'd want a boy. I think most women want a little girl, but that's ok too.

So if you gained another insta-kid and it was a boy or had your own son, would you treat your step daughter and step son or son equally?

Nawth21 wrote:
laugh.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
and I never said girls are "not as good" as boys, but in general they are a lot more fun in regards to the acitivities I enjoy, as children, from what little I have experienced. I'm not a moron, I'd never say anything like that to a boy or girl
laugh.gif
Kids are impressionable, you can't just say what you want when you want around them. I'm just speaking hypothetically if I were to have BIOLOGICAL children of my own, I'd want a boy. I think most women want a little girl, but that's ok too.

So if you gained another insta-kid and it was a boy or had your own son, would you treat your step daughter and step son or son equally?

You have kids?

Nawth21 wrote:
laugh.gif
frown.gif
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

You have kids?
One of each. A biological daughter and adobted son.

Back
Top Bottom