Do The Blurred Gender Lines Of Today Not Bother You?

It bothers me. I had an ex who said he didn't believe in gender roles. I didn't know what he meant at first, but as I got to know him more, I found outthat he could cook and sew, which is great. Then I also found out that he is too weak to unscrew a battery in a car; he constantly allowed me to be incompromising situations, while thinking nothing of it; he expected the relationship to be 50/50 or that the woman would do more than 50%; he was constantlytrying to get over on me and other people and always begging women for money. One of the last straws was that he asked me to fly to him to help him move, andwe'd drive back in 13 hours. When I got there, he basically did nothing and expected me to pack up his entire apartment. On the drive back, his carstopped, and we were stranded in one place for several days until I called a shuttle to drive me to the airport to pick up my car! I asked him in disbelief ifhe had had his car checked out before starting the trip. He didn't know he was supposed to do that. I was shocked. If my dad ever took me or my family on atrip or just sent me off to college or whatever, before leaving he would also check the car out or have my mom take it to a mechanic to get it checked out.

This guy was raised by a single mom and didn't know anything about being a man. I couldn't take it any more.

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Dude shut-up. There is something seriously wrong with you.
I have to agree with SuperAntigen. DCALLAmerican, I know this is a messageboard and you are trying to create conversation, but the stuff you post seriously makes me believe you have serious problems. You really tend to be obsessedwith gender and labels. Most of the topics you create I seriously sit at my monitor with a
indifferent.gif
or a
smh.gif

Maybe you're trying to engage members in conversation and realize that most of the #%#@ you post is straight up ******ed or you walk around actuallybelieving what you post here. Either way man you seriously need to seek therapy.

as the world becomes more accepting, we will then learn to tolerate people not by the basis of normal gender identities, but by moral character. i dont seewhat the big deal is. at the end of the day, its all an societal illusion

Originally Posted by SShanique

It bothers me. I had an ex who said he didn't believe in gender roles. I didn't know what he meant at first, but as I got to know him more, I found out that he could cook and sew, which is great. Then I also found out that he is too weak to unscrew a battery in a car; he constantly allowed me to be in compromising situations, while thinking nothing of it; he expected the relationship to be 50/50 or that the woman would do more than 50%; he was constantly trying to get over on me and other people and always begging women for money. One of the last straws was that he asked me to fly to him to help him move, and we'd drive back in 13 hours. When I got there, he basically did nothing and expected me to pack up his entire apartment. On the drive back, his car stopped, and we were stranded in one place for several days until I called a shuttle to drive me to the airport to pick up my car! I asked him in disbelief if he had had his car checked out before starting the trip. He didn't know he was supposed to do that. I was shocked. If my dad ever took me or my family on a trip or just sent me off to college or whatever, before leaving he would also check the car out or have my mom take it to a mechanic to get it checked out.

This guy was raised by a single mom and didn't know anything about being a man. I couldn't take it any more.
Many (not all) men raised by single mothers tend to look for women to take care of them. Your situation is an example of that. They are usuallylazy and have never had to do anything on their own. Their mothers basically crippled them growing up. Just think if we had more strong men present in theseyoung boy's lives the world wouldn't be so feminine. Men are so feminized these days and I attribute that to the absence of strong fathers. Maybe itwill get better one day but the world can't be better as a result of it. Kids need two parents

exaggeration. you're pathetic. you didnt love him in the first place.
tired.gif

IMO, things change. (im sure someone has said this already) women are out of the kitchen and have jobscareers now. There are even guys that are stay at home dads, as well. There is nothing that is gender-specific anymore. In due time, everyone in America willget used to this.
Maybe you're trying to engage members in conversation and realize that most of the #%#@ you post is straight up ******ed or you walk around actually believing what you post here. Either way man you seriously need to seek therapy.
Why are you mad at him for having is own opinion, though? you even went as far as saying hes mentally ******ed. You have nothing to contributein this thread, please return downstairs here

as the world becomes more accepting, we will then learn to tolerate people not by the basis of normal gender identities, but by moral character. i dont see what the big deal is. at the end of the day, its all an societal illusion
i agree with Kojin

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Dude shut-up. There is something seriously wrong with you.
I have to agree with SuperAntigen. DCALLAmerican, I know this is a message board and you are trying to create conversation, but the stuff you post seriously makes me believe you have serious problems. You really tend to be obsessed with gender and labels. Most of the topics you create I seriously sit at my monitor with a
indifferent.gif
or a
smh.gif

Maybe you're trying to engage members in conversation and realize that most of the #%#@ you post is straight up ******ed or you walk around actually believing what you post here. Either way man you seriously need to seek therapy.

Maybe he is, but his posts are like something you'd study in a psychology class. I think a lot of people subconsciously think like this, but don't letit out in the open.

i dont know. i suppose we just change over time. guess thats whats happening to population as a whole.

OP's premise is not as crazy as many in here believe.
There are anthropologists who speculate that what led to Homosapiens surviving was their implementation of gender roles as opposed to Neanderthals who had nosuch thing.

I'm not commenting on OP's views of having a gay son or having male children instead of females because that's not somethign that can be controlledor chosen. Either way, I don't agree with it.

However, I do think that it's just a cycle. Gender roles are subject to cycles just like anything else in human society.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I am living in the past because I said EVERYONE needs to know how to cook? Women included?

That is NOT what you've been saying. Don't try to act all "liberal" in your beliefs because you aren't getting the favorable responses you envisioned.

These are your very comments in this very thread:

Men/Women not embracing [color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]traditional[/color] gender related skills of [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]men[/color]/women ([color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]handymanship[/color], cooking, cleaning)

No it doesn't at all. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I think everyone should posses the skills native of their gender[/color]. (Men = Handymen; [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Women = cooking[/color]).

You clearly imply that the TRADITIONAL ROLE for women = cooking.

Put another way, you state that the SKILL NATIVE TO WOMEN = cooking.

The fact that you actually believe that cooking is a NATIVE SKILL for a particular gender is both comical and deeply terrifying.

Like really, women are innately predisposed to be cooks/the one who cooks in the family?...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't expect you to respond to me because you KNOW BETTER...
grin.gif
...word to what I've already noticed about who you choose to respond too.

/thread

it bothers me...but at the same time what can we do about it. I conduct myself in the manner i was brought up and the men i date need to be aligned with that.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by Capricorn1229

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

im sorry but i wouldn't want a gay son
we may be getting somewhere though with this comment b/c it goes with the theme of this thread.

Why wouldn't you want a gay son?
Why would YOU WANT YOUR SON/DAUGHTER to be gay?

I for one want Grand kids. Honestly man F what most of ya'll talking about. Everyone wants to be PC in this "new" world and "new" age of thinking. You dudes sit and wait for someone to say anything that can be taken as anti gay. If He doesn't want his son to be gay, so be it. To replace his non gay son why don't you all hope for a gay son? Wow that's something you never hear from anybody now is it? Why is that?

No offense to anyone gay but I don't agree with your life style. Best of luck with life.

Well in fairness, I have never heard anyone state that they hope their kid is straight. Not anyone that is worth a %!*$ anyway. Most people don't evenstate what sex they want their kid to be after it is conceived. I just want healthy kids. Straight, gay, white, black, whatever. It doesn't matter. That's what love is. Love isn't making some predetermined cap on the amount of love you can have your kid depending on what it's sexual preferenceis.

It's funny that DCA made this thread with such a indignant amount of enlightenment. Like he stumbled across this logic through intense amounts of researchand investment. Revealing your insecurities through posting your disdain always makes me chuckle.

oh and 'agree with your lifestyle?' love that adage.

It's ironic that such an antiquated thread comes on the first day of a new decade. bravo.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Well in fairness, I have never heard anyone state that they hope their kid is straight. Not anyone that is worth a %!*$ anyway. Most people don't even state what sex they want their kid to be after it is conceived. I just want healthy kids. Straight, gay, white, black, whatever. It doesn't matter. That's what love is. Love isn't making some predetermined cap on the amount of love you can have your kid depending on what it's sexual preference is.
uhh. if that's how you feel, then fine.

but i dont know anybody who would want a homosexual child.

me personally, i want a heterosexual boy.

i mean seriously, who wants a gay child? people will accept the child, if they turn out to be gay. But WANTING to have a gay child. NA

Originally Posted by DanniTheKid

Well in fairness, I have never heard anyone state that they hope their kid is straight. Not anyone that is worth a %!*$ anyway. Most people don't even state what sex they want their kid to be after it is conceived. I just want healthy kids. Straight, gay, white, black, whatever. It doesn't matter. That's what love is. Love isn't making some predetermined cap on the amount of love you can have your kid depending on what it's sexual preference is.

i mean seriously, who wants a gay child? people will accept the child, if they turn out to be gay. But WANTING to have a gay child. NA
And what I am saying is that a good parent wouldn't make such statements regarding how much they can love their kid.

And what I am saying is that a good parent wouldn't make such statements regarding how much they can love their kid.
hmm. i didnt see where anybody said anything regarding love.

all i saw was people saying they didnt want a gay child, which is completely reasonable.

if ur gay ...ite thats cool, duke who u want. But the straight metro dudes that dress like girls do bother me
grin.gif

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Anytime I see a man with 2+ girls and NO sons, I say, "I feel sorry for him." Of course it is a blessing to be able to have kids in the first place, but the potential bond between a man and boy is something that many of us dudes would love to experience. Showing him how to NOT wear skinny jeans or let females dominate him and his cell phone or his # of visits to NT. Showing the young dude how to shave, change oil, fish, or any other MAN activity. Man that is the TRUE blessing in having a boy child.
i agree with you 100%
at least i share the same views with one person on this site.

Word
I'll cosign.
I don't even know a lotta black dudes who know how to fish or change oil...I know of one
grin.gif

all i saw was people saying they didnt want a gay child, which is completely reasonable.
by saying you don't want a gay kid, doesn't that imply that you would love a gay kid less than a straight one? I think it does.

by saying you don't want a gay kid, doesn't that imply that you would love a gay kid less than a straight one? I think it does.
not necessarily. it just means if i had the opportunity to choose if my child were gay or straight.

i'd choose straight EVERY SINGLE TIME

Gender roles have disappeared dramatically, IMO it had to be white men who gave up the reins and it trickled down, the gay plight for instance HAD to be pushedby white men. As time has gone by, white women have taken a bigger role in society, believe it started around WWII when most men were in the service. Anywayalthough it looks like it headed toward an era of men forgetting where their scrotum is located ............by 2050 the majority of America will be Hispanicand last I checked most Hispanic men are very chauvinistic so well see.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Originally Posted by AceBoogie

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Anytime I see a man with 2+ girls and NO sons, I say, "I feel sorry for him." Of course it is a blessing to be able to have kids in the first place, but the potential bond between a man and boy is something that many of us dudes would love to experience. Showing him how to NOT wear skinny jeans or let females dominate him and his cell phone or his # of visits to NT. Showing the young dude how to shave, change oil, fish, or any other MAN activity. Man that is the TRUE blessing in having a boy child.
i agree with you 100%
at least i share the same views with one person on this site.

Word
I'll cosign.
I don't even know a lotta black dudes who know how to fish or change oil...I know of one
grin.gif
I'm black and can do both. But then again i'm from maryland and fishing/crabbing is big here...oil changing is enjoyable to me, aside fromsaving money, the sense of accomplishment is a nice boost.

Just had a son in july and i'm soo siced, but i actually want a girl as well.

It's a new year but some things don't change on NT
laugh.gif

SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME shut it down on the second page and I like how OP didn't even respond to him.

Originally Posted by Kicktionair

I think your semi reaching here

when you first meat someone of course you care for the gender. I just think the attraction game is changing. Might be different priorities people have now and days that make it seem that way to you.

There is only one thing I do agree with you and that is the way some men act... straight up gay sometimes.

But to say that it's blurred then that means people will just be humping each other without considering attributes. But men are getting lazy imo, including my self. I would rather have a women work for me and I stay at home and hit the bong...... but that still isn't reality but a boy can dream. I wanna be a Ken doll

Back
Top Bottom