Do you discuss how much money you have with anyone outside your family or immediate circle?

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Damn, wish I was in a position to brag about how much money I have.
ohwell.gif

I discuss how much money I owe more often than how much money I have.
Saliie Mae has me by the chain for the rest of my life 
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Damn, wish I was in a position to brag about how much money I have.
ohwell.gif

I discuss how much money I owe more often than how much money I have.
Saliie Mae has me by the chain for the rest of my life 
frown.gif

I don't really discuss it but don't/wouldn't have a prob talking with my fam and closest friends. In the end it's just money no big deal but there's rarely a reason to talk about it.

I don't really discuss it but don't/wouldn't have a prob talking with my fam and closest friends. In the end it's just money no big deal but there's rarely a reason to talk about it.

The only person I discuss money with is my best friend, and even then we don't get into real specifics. We know where we stand because of how we talk about it. My family is my employer so they know how much I make, they just don't know how much I have saved.

The only person I discuss money with is my best friend, and even then we don't get into real specifics. We know where we stand because of how we talk about it. My family is my employer so they know how much I make, they just don't know how much I have saved.

You guys are pretty modest.

Maybe it's my environment or the people/companies I associate with...but

I know how much every one of my close friends makes.

It's pretty useful. We are all college seniors, and a lot of us got multiple job offers. We were able to basically put a lot of companies on blast and see who was underpaying and who paid the big bucks. This works well for future reference when its time to lateral to a different company. Some of you guys are taking compensation too seriously. It's just a number. Nobody thinks they are 5 times better than you because they make 5 times as much as you. Well some people do, they just won't tell you that to your face.

Besides glassdoor.com and graduating seniors compensation surveys pretty much put everything out in the open
laugh.gif

You tell me, your a GE engineer and its your first year out of school...I know you make $65,000 a year. The information is public domain.

You guys are pretty modest.

Maybe it's my environment or the people/companies I associate with...but

I know how much every one of my close friends makes.

It's pretty useful. We are all college seniors, and a lot of us got multiple job offers. We were able to basically put a lot of companies on blast and see who was underpaying and who paid the big bucks. This works well for future reference when its time to lateral to a different company. Some of you guys are taking compensation too seriously. It's just a number. Nobody thinks they are 5 times better than you because they make 5 times as much as you. Well some people do, they just won't tell you that to your face.

Besides glassdoor.com and graduating seniors compensation surveys pretty much put everything out in the open
laugh.gif

You tell me, your a GE engineer and its your first year out of school...I know you make $65,000 a year. The information is public domain.

I'm getting married soon and my fiance doesn't even know how much I make...I think he has an idea but I never told him...probably would if he asked tho...anybody else...NOT EVER...Maybe cuz I kinda got a sweet ##! job (that pays pretty good) so people just assume I make way more than I really do...

I'm getting married soon and my fiance doesn't even know how much I make...I think he has an idea but I never told him...probably would if he asked tho...anybody else...NOT EVER...Maybe cuz I kinda got a sweet ##! job (that pays pretty good) so people just assume I make way more than I really do...

I'm 19, and for the amount ive made i love bragging about it. its really bad and I hope that as i get older i stop

I actually like it when my friends and I talk about money cause once someone starts making more than me it makes me want to work harder.
most of the time now i only talk about money when somebody else is and i shut em down, to show em that somebody will always have more money than you.

I'm 19, and for the amount ive made i love bragging about it. its really bad and I hope that as i get older i stop

I actually like it when my friends and I talk about money cause once someone starts making more than me it makes me want to work harder.
most of the time now i only talk about money when somebody else is and i shut em down, to show em that somebody will always have more money than you.

If you know what your friend does (especially their title/position), you pretty much should have a good estimate about how much they make, and vice versa.

I don't think it's a big deal, however - my mom, older bro, and (i think) my gf knows, that's about it. I told a couple classmates that are looking for jobs as well to see their options.

If you know what your friend does (especially their title/position), you pretty much should have a good estimate about how much they make, and vice versa.

I don't think it's a big deal, however - my mom, older bro, and (i think) my gf knows, that's about it. I told a couple classmates that are looking for jobs as well to see their options.

Back
Top Bottom