Do you guys think Lil Wayne knows he lost it?

Wayne first showed me signs be able to great on the Sqad tapes, then on Carter 1 he took an even bigger step to that. Carter 2 he got even better and he brought it all together musically. Then On Dedication 2, he reached for what at least for now should be looked at as his peak. And from then to all those I cant feel my Face songs, to Like Father Like son, to Lil Weezy Ana, Drought 3, and All the Carter 3 Leaks he was in a crazy Zone all the way until the actual Carter 3 dropped. Since then he has not been the same, at all. No ceilings was close but still not the same. And he has to know that his lines just are not the same. All that said, I think he did try to recapture some of that with C4 but he doesnt have as many wow lines as he used to.

I just don't understand how in this homophobic world we live in, he has successfully gotten away with mouth kissing another man (In public at that) and not turned off a lot of fans. Folks make excuses for Wayne though. I used to like Young Wayne, Cash Money Wayne. The more recent stuff, not so much.

What rapper doesn't lose "it" though after being in the industry for so long. After their first few albums, the material gets weak because either they don't have anything else to talk about, or they change up to appeal more to the mainstream. Lil Wayne isn't the only one who has gone through this.

Originally Posted by MR FREEZE

I mean its so obvious that I'm surprised no one has told him even politely, and before you get mad at me listen to his metaphors on a song like money on my mind, and then listen to them on megaman. It makes me feel disrespected by Wayne that he can just do that because he has to know his new metaphors suck.
What are you talking about OP? The very thing you are trying to clown about Wayne is the same thing that catapulted his career up until now. With that being said...you meant he fell up, right? 
laugh.gif

IJS, think about your gripe. He knew if he stayed in that lane from back in the days, his career was not going to get him here (where he always wanted to be), therefore he sold his soul to the game n appealed to the masses
Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

A lot of listeners are very simple minded if they think what Lil' Wayne writes is clever. I could write you a whole 16 with similar weak lines. 

"I win at life, Charlie Sheen"
"I get dough, call me a bakery"

Wow, amazing work. Come on, enough with these weak similes/metaphors and 'one two, buckle my shoe' rhyme schemes.
laugh.gif
 you guys still don't get it while yall stay clownin the man. It's his flow/style, not his words per se! Of course you and a toddler could come up with some similar lines but will your delivery create the same reaction? 
laugh.gif

It's not rocket science...dude's swag n flow is what has separated him.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

DipsetGeneral wrote:
*Sighs*

90% of NT'ers listen to conscious rap anyway. (Talib Kweli, Brother Ali, Mos Def & etc.)
Based on the threads with the most pages, that is a completely false ridiculous statement. Most NTers seem to be listening to Lil' B, Lil' Wayne, Drake & Wiz Khalifa...then the next tier of
Jay-Z, Kanye, Em, Young Jeezy, and J.Cole. And doesn't Kreayshawn have like 30 threads dedicated to her and her 2 ugly friends?

True.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Wayne has not lost it. He's been rapping the same exact way in essence since the Carter 2.

Only thing is, people are just tired of hearing the same metaphors and phrases and "Clever" verses that he's been spitting since then. It was hot at first because it was Kind of sort of new, the punchlines and all.

Now that time has caught up with him, and its 2011, he can't pull the scheme that he's been pulling over rap since C2.
^This! So unlike most other rappers, Wayne adds to his game(singing, wild antics) and reinvents(trendy, skating, etc)  himself to an extent kinda like ya fave NBA player...once again, not rocket science 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AI for MVP

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

*Sighs*

90% of NT'ers listen to conscious rap anyway. (Talib Kweli, Brother Ali, Mos Def & etc.)

When the Drought 3 dropped, he even said he had to "re-invent" himself.�

I admit myself, he has some gimmicky-corny rhymes. "Gucci-Gucci,�Louie-Louie, Fendi-Fendi, Prada, my homies got that white girl, call it Lady Gaga"
eyes.gif

But who doesn't say corny rhymes today? Eminem? Jay? Ye? Ross? Drizzy? the list goes on....

I don't think Wayne has lost it, but I think his flow has jus' changed over the years, that's all. I will purchase C4 on�Monday, cause I know Tune gon' have some bangers on there. You can't tell ya'll listened to this song off of "Sorry 4 The Wait" and tell me he ain't go silly on it...

Wayne said himself he can't rap like he use to 
laugh.gif

And how is anybody saying he raps the same?

He was not rapping like Big Sean on C2

Yeah, he doesn't rap like he use to, because he found a more effective flow for audiences.
Since when does Tune rap like Big Sean? He jacks Sean's flow once in a blue moon.

Yes he lost it, and I'm sure he knows

BMJR is his hardest song of all time. 
You can argue all you want but that song is never going to be lower than 5 on anyone's list

right now today as I type this he is a poor broken shell of that rapper who spit those bars

he talks about I feel like dying and %**+ and people liked it so i stuck with it

dude has straight sold out. he can make millions and millions with How to Love

he dont need to spit anymore

dude is done and is never coming back

/thread

Originally Posted by Iamjusayn

What are you talking about OP? The very thing you are trying to clown about Wayne is the same thing that catapulted his career up until now. With that being said...you meant he fell up, right? 
laugh.gif

IJS, think about your gripe. He knew if he stayed in that lane from back in the days, his career was not going to get him here (where he always wanted to be), therefore he sold his soul to the game n appealed to the masses
laugh.gif
 you guys still don't get it while yall stay clownin the man. It's his flow/style, not his words per se! Of course you and a toddler could come up with some similar lines but will your delivery create the same reaction? 
laugh.gif

Are you sure about it not being the words, cause it always seems like that's exactly what people go ape&#%^ over. I mean, he'll say something like "I'm jumpin in this ^#%$ like a poo poo in the potty", or "I'm
nuts, just call me a squirrel", and the average Lil' Wayne fan acts like
Spoiler [+]
funny_omg_gif.gif
 when he says it.

we don't give a fizuck my N_ we young and bizuck we will %#*+ a N_ %!%# up if N_ is $@$%##* w/ us bet the pump'll make em lift up...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah that dude gone for good

Originally Posted by yngSIMBA

Originally Posted by Futuristic

His verse on the "Hustle Hard Remix" made me feel like he's just giving these basic **% fans what they wanna hear...because he showed he's capable of making hot verses.

When he was on that

"And I'm dumpin my Scarlet O'Hara in the canal/cause I'm not gettin stopped with cop paraphenil'/now I'm preparing the L/Not preparing to fail/cause my flow is for real like the Sahara in Hell....

The subarbs/radio stations/people who generate money weren't trying to hear it. Hustler Musik (his hardest single to date) only reached 87 on the hot 100...Then Lollipop shot straight to number 1.

It's a shame, but obviously his current style is catering to the charts.

Dont forget the hoodboogers who think ''how to love'' is deep 
laugh.gif
/thread

he clearly has it but he knows what the mainstream fans want

He clearly bodied tracks left & right when he wanted to go in:

ACE HOOD HUSTLE HARD
RICK ROSS VERTERNS DAY
TRAE INKREDIBLE
KELLY ROWLAND MOTIVATION
RICK ROSS 9 PIECE
IM SINGLE
EMINEM NO LOVE
THE GAME BOTTLES & ROCKIN J'S
THROWED OFF
ROLLIN
MIRROR

whats funny is Jay-Z does this SAME thing.......He will relax on tracks or go mainstream and people be like man thats not old Jay......But then he gives you songs like Thank You
sick.gif
pimp.gif
just to show you I still got it dont get it twisted

Michael Jordan stills dunks to this day
laugh.gif
"like yeah u see it! dont trip"
roll.gif

been sayin this since 2006...

if wayne picked up a pen and wrote his thoughts he would be just fine.

random thoughts and cuttin in and out have made him what he is today...

DAMN THAT NEW ALBUM IS HOT BASURA!!!!! At the end of the day nothing last forever and the only dude that has been going ape from jump that still is and has been in the game for over 10 years is Andre3k. I'm a beloved AZ fan and NOBODY was touching AZ in his "Doe or Die" and "lifes a #*$%# days" NOBODY!!!!!!! Dudes would get in my car that never heard AZ before and go absolutely bannanas with how he put words together. Even he has fallen off tremendoulsy hard though.....................
frown.gif
The game is in the hands of the Big Krits and Kendrick Lamars of the future. It's a changing of the guard. Matter fact Im making a thread on AZ..........

Yes I think Lil Wayne has lost it completely.His fans current fans are far dumber and less knowledgable of rap than the previous generation.He doesn't have folks in his camp that challenge him to be a better rapper.Look at Rocafella ,Def Jam,Wu Tang .Everybody wanted to shine hard as hell on those labels and be the best rapper .In Cash Money Lil Wayne was for the longest just a lone dude.He had zero labelmates who were getting albums and gillie da kid and curren$y had moved on.Thats a recipe for trouble.Look at what the likes of no active comp have done for Jay and Kanye dudes don't even try hard and just reveal in their own success in status as being rich.If Kanye had the same hunger he had 5 years ago dude would easily rap waaay better than what he spits on WTT and MBDTF. Its just a lack of hunger and no outside stimulus from the fans and the rap community to push you to spit better.

Tha Carter is one of my favorite albums of all time. After that a couple of his mixtapes were dope. After Tha Carter 3, he lost me as a fan. . Doesn't matter because 1000's of teenage girls replaced me
laugh.gif

little wayne and Kanye West are the same rapper. Both suck tremendously, but came up with a good enough gimmick to have loyal fans forever. Their fans don't even listen to their lyrics, they just co-sign everything off the strength of the gimmick.

Yes he lost it, and I'm sure he knows

Most of the people that say he's been doing the same thing or he never had it, probably haven't heard this song.  Wayne was definitely a problem pre-Carter 3, but just started catering to the mainstream for money, can't say I blame him though...

I'm pretty sure he doesn't know nor care, considering the fact that he sells 2 million off of his junior HS level metaphors and his plans on how he's going to dine on a woman.

I want the Carter 2 Wayne. Even tho he was rapping about the same stuff, at least it sounded good
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Are you sure about it not being the words, cause it always seems like that's exactly what people go ape&#%^ over. I mean, he'll say something like "I'm jumpin in this ^#%$ like a poo poo in the potty", or "I'm
Spoiler [+]
funny_omg_gif.gif
 when he says it.

Even though this is an exaggeration...once again if you have not realized by know that it's Wayne's flow/style/delivery along with his turnt-up-ness (dude sometimes is super hyped and entertaining unlike Jay for ex). People like n feed off that energy. At this point, no i do not think it's his words per se. Dude is literally talkin about any and everything n it's sticking. When he does say something of significance or straight raw, it just makes him more appealing. I sense most of his fans know dude is toying around with the game n doing as he pleases but that's just me

For people sayin he hasnt changed thats crazy. He's not makin songs like Tha Mobb, Oh No and Get Over no more. Every song on C4 he's on that Big Sean flow. He had a great run though....

Anybody who tells me Lil Wayne has strong delivery is completely delusional. His presence, sure, he's enthusiastic. Why would I listen to him just for that? No thanks.

Bottom line:

Today's Wayne makes music that the typical NTer here is not interested in listening to. Doesn't mean that you're "better" or "smarter" for not listening to him, or that he people who do are "stupid" or "stans". It just means that the TV show you're watching isn't your taste, so CHANGE THE DAMN CHANNEL. There's lots of hip-hop of all kinds out there that may appeal to you instead.

Simple as that.

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

little wayne and Kanye West are the same rapper. Both suck tremendously, but came up with a good enough gimmick to have loyal fans forever. Their fans don't even listen to their lyrics, they just co-sign everything off the strength of the gimmick.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
funny_omg_gif.gif
 when he says it.

Delivery is a key part of hip-hop though. Alot of people listen to Wayne simply because his rapping style and idiosyncrasies on the mic SOUNDS cool to their ears, regardless of lyrics. Which is why when people say they could easily craft a Wayne-type verse, I tell them "cool, now let's see you actually spit it".

He made his style his own, and people like that.

Yeah, Wayne has fallen off HARD. He had flashes of brilliance on the Squad Up tapes, and in my opinion he peaked (as a rapper) during the Carter 1 - Dedication 2 era. However, Wayne is most definitely in his prime (or leaving it) as a businessman; he knows what most of his fans want, he knows how to make money, and he delivers on both counts. Why make an effort to recreate the brilliance of Tha Carter 1/2 if he can throw out some mainstream garbage and sell millions?

Back
Top Bottom