Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Sunny side eggs always looked raw to me. Not for me

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__...jpg

Snot
I don’t want to live in a 4000sq ft house. I mean I don’t currently (cause I couldn’t afford one in the DMV anyway :lol:) but it just doesn’t really interest me. Family would be me, the misses, and a kid.

What about 3500, 3000?

I don’t want to live in a 4000sq ft house. I mean I don’t currently (cause I couldn’t afford one in the DMV anyway :lol:) but it just doesn’t really interest me. Family would be me, the misses, and a kid.
All I think about when I walk in a large house is how much time/money it takes to keep everything together. Anything that comes with a maintenance budget is best kept to a - reasonable - minimum.

My house is 3600sqft, and man... its a pain in the *** to clean and maintain. Heating and cooling the place is also hella expensive. To make things worst... bought this crib for the family, but me and my BM broke up, so now its just me in this big *** house with this dumb *** dog...

Anyway, the key to any good egg, scrambled or not, id not over cooking them.

I have about 2,500 square feet, but one of my kids moved into her own apartment and my other kid is barely home, hell, me and my wife are barely home, essentially we are “empty nesters” and it sux. Also, it’s too much house for just the two of us……

If you go to a country and all you do is stay on the resort then you did not visit that country. You went to a luxury resort that could’ve been anywhere in a similar climate. If you didn’t get to know the local way of life, see how they live, unique local styles and foods and music, etc. what did you really do?

If you go to a country and all you do is stay on the resort then you did not visit that country. You went to a luxury resort that could’ve been anywhere in a similar climate. If you didn’t get to know the local way of life, see how they live, unique local styles and foods and music, etc. what did you really do?
I hear you, but you can't tell someone how to experience a place. If that's all they want to do, that's their experience. You can't determine that.

I'm moderate left and a lot of people on the far left want to close their eyes to this
Can't do much when the police silently quit their job because the public wants to hold them accountable for the bad apples they keep in their ranks.

What I see is that the left gets blamed for the fact that police unions have taken the public hostage, and L.E. still benefits from media outlets that continue to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Can't do much when the police silently quit their job because the public wants to hold them accountable for the bad apples they keep in their ranks.

What I see is that the left gets blamed for the fact that police unions have taken the public hostage, and L.E. still benefits from media outlets that continue to give them the benefit of the doubt.

We should be giving them the benefit of the doubt while holding those suspected to have violated their powers accountable

What's the far lefts solution to this other than saying "don't let the door hit you on your way out"

We should be giving them the benefit of the doubt
How do you justify trusting an entire profession whose M.O. includes lying to the press, the public, and the courts?
while holding those suspected to have violated their powers accountable
You may be oblivious to the multiple instances of good cops losing their jobs or getting threatened for reporting cops who do illegal ****. In response to demands for more accountability, cops routinely walk out of the job or demand a change of leadership in order to maintain the status quo. How do you increase accountability when the current culture of the profession demands opposition to it?
What's the far lefts solution to this other than saying "don't let the door hit you on your way out"
Short and long-term reforms have been proposed. However, overlooking the police union's negative response to reforms of any type creates the blindspot that makes the "crime is on the rise and becoming uncontrollable" messaging effective.
Moderates should be telling these cops to do their job, which is not to lord over the population but protect it, instead of trusting a group of people who are accustomed to lying and exaggerating in order to justify lawless behavior.

So basically the feel good measures that started this conversation

Short-Term Reforms

Reform Qualified Immunity
Create National Standards for Training and De-escalation

Medium-Term Reforms

Restructure Civilian Payouts for Police Misconduct
Address Officer Wellness

Long-Term Reforms

Restructure Regulations for Fraternal Order of Police Contracts
Change Police Culture to Protect Civilians and Police

Can you look at the state of American policing today and say that the list above doesn't make sense, or is unrealistic?

Can you look at what happened in Uvalde and honestly say that the false reports to the public (with the support of the local politics and media), the cowardly behavior, the deflection of responsibility, and the refusal to be held accountable are the exception and not the rule by which American police departments live?

The issue is you’re deflecting to the flaws of LE and he’s asking what the plan is to actually reduce the amount of crime in the country.

On a similar note

If you stay at a beach side hotel anywhere and you swim in their pool instead of the ocean

Ya moms a ***
Exactly. Same principle. You chose the sterile option over seeing something new and beautiful and ultimately I think, not within your control.

The issue is you’re deflecting to the flaws of LE and he’s asking what the plan is to actually reduce the amount of crime in the country.
The amount of crime is lower than it's ever been, despite the recent spike. In addition, I said that LE has an interest in making people believe that crime is out of control, especially if they link the rise to police reforms they don't want to have implemented.

Read the article I posted. The police leadership understands the need to reform; the American people wants more accountability; it's the officers who don't want changes that will make them more accountable to the public.

Can’t reduce crime if you’re not addressing poverty, lack of mental health services, and education.

While “defund the police” may have been a poor slogan, the overall argument was reallocating resources from police departments, which often have some of the largest budgets in poor cities, to the areas i mentioned above.

Also, “defunding” doesn’t even necessarily mean less officers it just means maybe a small town in nowhere America shouldn’t have the budget for a tank and endless riot gear…

Back
Top Bottom