Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

A few reasons. The self checkout areas are always small so a few people with carts congest the entire area. A person scanning a shopping cart full of items and bagging them all themselves will never be faster than two people working together. It almost seems less convenient to go through self checkout when you have a ton of items.

I go to self checkout because I hate cashier small talk
With that being said....people who "hate" small talk lack social skills. Small talk isn't cringe, you are. Checking out is literally just, "Hey how are you?", "I'm good, thank" That's it. If you're a pro, you can ask, "How about you?". They'll just say "Fine.", and go to work.

Protip: If someone is making small talk, just answer the questions genuinely. Unless you're just a dry *** person, an actual conversation will start.

I got a notification the other day, something about Wembanyama and Brittney spears. Threw me off. I decided to look at her IG

Man ... :sick: looks like a real lot lizard

With that being said....people who "hate" small talk lack social skills. Small talk isn't cringe, you are. Checking out is literally just, "Hey how are you?", "I'm good, thank" That's it. If you're a pro, you can ask, "How about you?". They'll just say "Fine.", and go to work.

Protip: If someone is making small talk, just answer the questions genuinely. Unless you're just a dry *** person, an actual conversation will start.
Or you can elevate to medium talk

I feel this way with people who whine loudly and constantly about office politics or playing a decent person to their coworkers.

You genuinely that unhappy in life you can’t play a stupid work game on a meeting or say good morning to someone at work? I used to egg it on but now it’s just cringey to me.

Okay because it kind of sounds like you're personally offended

Maybe people just don't like talking to you?

I got a friend from HS that works as a grocery manager; she has the heavies

Says she gets hit on all the time at the register

Always wondered how or why

Lo and behold here we are
Shooters shoot. You miss the shots you don't take. Closed mouths don't get fed etc

I feel this way with people who whine loudly and constantly about office politics or playing a decent person to their coworkers.

You genuinely that unhappy in life you can’t play a stupid work game on a meeting or say good morning to someone at work? I used to egg it on but now it’s just cringey to me.
This is highly dependent on the work environment. I’ve worked at some jobs with really dope ppl who I enjoyed chatting with and others who clearly only started small talk to be nosy.

Shooters shoot. You miss the shots you don't take. Closed mouths don't get fed etc
323EC056-08E7-47A3-B6D7-C6F4FCEDADA6.gif

Small talk is the precursor to the finesse, iykyk.

No, I'm an adult. That wasn't directed towards, specifically, but I piggybacked off your statement. That whole, "I hate small talk." sentiment is a weak *** cop out to me. Life aint a Twitter thread.
Foreal and honestly i wouldnt even call a simple "hey how are you" "do you have account with us?" Small talk. You got some real anxiety/confidence issues if your going out of your way to avoid that.

Back
Top Bottom