Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Last 4 years of American dad been took the torch from family guy.

Low key bobs burgers is pretty funny.

OFF WHITE anything is so over hyped and trash :smokin

Last edited:
Man today's "great" NBA players wouldn't last 5yrs with that early, physical style of play. If athleticism mattered THAT much then more AND 1 and Globetrotters would be in the league...lol

I hate this line of thinking. If players these days were playing in the old days, their games/bodies/fitness/athleticism would be in line WITH the players of the past generations. We aren't going to take the players, at their current forms, and throw them into the old games.

IF that were possible, players today would have an athletic advantage. If RW, in his current form, played in 1973/1987/1994; he would arguably be the greatest PG that ever lived.

But that is why hypotheticals never make sense, there are too many things to consider.

I

Black people are a little too hyped for Black Panther. I'm definitely gonna see it, probably on opening night but I'm not going in traditional african garb either. The level of hype I see from black people on social media is wild. I'm as excited to see black people represented in comic movies too but folks are going overboard in my opinion.

I guess its not that different from fanboys going to star wars movies in costumes but I find that very corny as well.

****** about to show up in jays and jeans, just like they did every other movie.

The internet be stuntin...

I'm not saying that EVERY injury, trade, or feud for that matter is fake. The Boogie Cousins injury could be real or it could be fake. I have been analyzing the possible angles for it to be fake. I do have several possibilities but I will get back to you when I have more substantial information.
Did you see the gh injury. How you fake your foot being turned 90 degrees the wrong way :lol: also you could hear the snap on tv

Did you see the injury. How you fake your foot being turned 90 degrees the wrong way :lol: also you could hear the snap on tv
another dude had the same Gordon Hayward snap...aint nobody throwing the game by snappin they leg in half.

Man today's "great" NBA players wouldn't last 5yrs with that early, physical style of play. If athleticism mattered THAT much then more AND 1 and Globetrotters would be in the league...lol

Completely wrong. Players now are more athletic and more skilled across the border than they were in the 90s. The really physical players of the 90s would struggle in today's faster paced, more wide open game. Everyone can shoot now; 80s and 90s basketball was all about going toward the basket because players couldn't shoot from outside.

ISO ball was the norm back then. As much as we watching Jordan isolate and shoot fadeaway jumpers, we have to admit that's an inefficient way to play basketball.

Low key bobs burgers is pretty funny.

Low key? Bob's Burgers been funny since jump. Everyone was late to the party. I tried telling people from the beginning, but they didn't listen until later.

Black people are a little too hyped for Black Panther. I'm definitely gonna see it, probably on opening night but I'm not going in traditional african garb either. The level of hype I see from black people on social media is wild. I'm as excited to see black people represented in comic movies too but folks are going overboard in my opinion.

I guess its not that different from fanboys going to star wars movies in costumes but I find that very corny as well.

I agree about Black people being too hype. Going in traditional African clothing is doing too much and if they do, they're a fraud. Tbh, I'm annoyed with the excitement of the movie. He's been a character for about 40 years and NOW you get excited? Ok. I even saw the teacher that started the Black Panther challenge on IG/Twitter and he raised money to take kids in his school to see the movie and had the audacity to have a breakdown of the cost that included the price of tickets and refreshment costs for the ADULTS and not the kids. I had a problem with that. Then I saw a news interview where he said the movie shows how a Black nation can be technologically advanced and show how Black people can achieve....

My reaction was like um...my man, do you NOT understand how the very name of the character was derived? Are you not a teacher? I'm not even asking for him to go into depth about the movement, but at least introduce to the kids what the Black Panther party was and Huey Newton. It's **** like this that irks me when people wanna be "woke", but selectively "woke". Would he not think telling the real side of the name would not have more of an impact on kids? I get the character can inspire, but people who actually lived might make it that much more real.

I agree about Black people being too hype. Going in traditional African clothing is doing too much and if they do, they're a fraud. Tbh, I'm annoyed with the excitement of the movie. He's been a character for about 40 years and NOW you get excited? Ok. I even saw the teacher that started the Black Panther challenge on IG/Twitter and he raised money to take kids in his school to see the movie and had the audacity to have a breakdown of the cost that included the price of tickets and refreshment costs for the ADULTS and not the kids. I had a problem with that. Then I saw a news interview where he said the movie shows how a Black nation can be technologically advanced and show how Black people can achieve....

My reaction was like um...my man, do you NOT understand how the very name of the character was derived? Are you not a teacher? I'm not even asking for him to go into depth about the movement, but at least introduce to the kids what the Black Panther party was and Huey Newton. It's **** like this that irks me when people wanna be "woke", but selectively "woke". Would he not think telling the real side of the name would not have more of an impact on kids? I get the character can inspire, but people who actually lived might make it that much more real.

Black people just aren't used to having things and when we finally get them, we hold them tight. I saw people on twitter saying stuff like "I don't care if the movie is actually good; we need to go see it and say its good regardless". To me its a movie and I'm going to go see it but to some people its so much more.

It's a work or fiction made by white people in order to make money by filling a whole they saw in their comic book library. It's make believe. It's almost embarrassing to me how we as black people latch onto everything and hold on for dear life.

Bob's Burgers isn't funny. At all. There's a reason why it comes on in between Family Guy and American Dad.

If you used to like Family Guy and now don't think it's funny. It's because you're a follower.

Being petty still isn't cool.

Southern rappers aren't saying anything different from what NYC rappers would be saying....if anyone was listening.

SUVs are stupid. Station wagons > SUVs

Bob's burgers never actually made me laugh out loud but it's a good show.
It deals with real life problems better than most shows.

I don't have a problem with "mumble" rap
Erykah badu made an interesting point , she said
"What’s interesting to me about music and the younger generation is that what we hear on the radio is more about frequency and sound than words,” she said. “People talk about ‘mumble rap’, but that’s because they don’t understand that the important thing is the vibration, not the words. Its like a symbiotic relationship with the beat. "

Of course I prefer lyricism but I don't mind the mumble cats.

Mumble rap isn't an issue, but seems like there's an underlying meaning between lyrics depending the rapper. It might sound good on the surface for marketability, but only the writer behind the lyrics know what message they're trying to put out there.

On Black Panther, I know I plan on watching the movie due to the hype. Don't know if it'll be the best performing Marvel movie, but feel it'll be up there with The Avengers.

I say let people get as hyped and woke about black panther as they want . theymight even do research on what they are wearing and this could be a teaching tool in schools

Im a comic book guy and fully into african culture due to me mother in law . so let black people habe their moment considering all we been through.

Also underground needs to come back

Black people just aren't used to having things and when we finally get them, we hold them tight. I saw people on twitter saying stuff like "I don't care if the movie is actually good; we need to go see it and say its good regardless". To me its a movie and I'm going to go see it but to some people its so much more.

It's a work or fiction made by white people in order to make money by filling a whole they saw in their comic book library. It's make believe. It's almost embarrassing to me how we as black people latch onto everything and hold on for dear life.

I get that, and it's expressed in so many other areas. At some point it just becomes a bad excuse with the information we have today, it's sad.

I get this statement, but hate it at the same time. I didn't hear this reaction to Fruitvale Station, Creed, Black Jesus, etc. But that's a response I'd expect from the casual comic book fan.

Bob's Burgers isn't funny. At all. There's a reason why it comes on in between Family Guy and American Dad.

It all comes down to style of humor you like. It varies greatly.

On Black Panther, I know I plan on watching the movie due to the hype. Don't know if it'll be the best performing Marvel movie, but feel it'll be up there with The Avengers.

At least you know where you stand lol

I say let people get as hyped and woke about black panther as they want . theymight even do research on what they are wearing and this could be a teaching tool in schools

Im a comic book guy and fully into african culture due to me mother in law . so let black people habe their moment considering all we been through.

Also underground needs to come back

Ain't nobody doing research. People don't research things these days, even with the easiest means to do so. People see things that are popular and more often than not, follow it without thought. There were other movies that dealt with real people who lived. Hell, does the average "woke" person know anything about the some of the other works some cast members of Black Panther has done? Michael B Jordan and Chadwick Boseman have done incredible work with Fruitvale Station and Creed respectively and there wasn't a reaction like how we're getting on Black Panther. Imo, the characters they played in those movies respectively are much more impactful and relateable than Black Panther, but that's just me.

Andrew Shultz spoke on diversity in some jobs and how it isn't really needed/truly desired in some fields.

He said he was doing skydiving and he was paired up with a 5'3 woman. He said his true sexism kicked in and he requested a 6'0 man. He said he simply wanted to be safe and he didn't feel safe with a 5'3 woman

Back
Top Bottom