Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Giving a kid simple cellphone is cool. However it depends on the kid, when I was a kid I tinkered with a lot of hi-technology equipment I barely knew how to use, that my dad owned. But I self thought myself how to fix and repair them. My own curiosity allowed me as a kid to think like like an engineer by soling problems p and pursue the science of engineering and electronic in college.

Imagine giving Elon musk a flip phone as a kid and not allowing him to use a smartphone or tinker with electronics. homie wouldn't be the famous engineer of billion dollar company and launch a rocket with a damm car in it to space for exploration.

Don't limit imagination, nor possibilities for children however embrace thier qualities and curiosity for better world.

I gave my niece a broken iPhone 6, she's definitely not like me when I was her age caused I would have figured out how to fix that thing asap. She's more into dolls and caring for people which is cool, but she does have a concept of thier is time and place for everything. She owns her own iPad mini though she can navigate it very well surprisingly.

My kid will more than likely have a cell phone when she starts kindergarten. Just got to raise our kids to make good smart decisions.
Or you could just wait until they are older and are able to understand decision making a little more.

Just asking for trouble giving a child a phone, with THAT access, that early.

Nudes everywhere before their HS career.

Giving a kid simple cellphone is cool. However it depends on the kid, when I was a kid I tinkered with a lot of hi-technology equipment I barely knew how to use, that my dad owned. But I self thought myself how to fix and repair them. My own curiosity allowed me as a kid to think like like an engineer by soling problems p and pursue the science of engineering and electronic in college.

Imagine giving Elon musk a flip phone as a kid and not allowing him to use a smartphone or tinker with electronics. homie wouldn't be the famous engineer of billion dollar company and launch a rocket with a damm car in it to space for exploration.

Don't limit imagination, nor possibilities for children however embrace thier qualities and curiosity for better world.

I gave my niece a broken iPhone 6, she's definitely not like me when I was her age caused I would have figured out how to fix that thing asap. She's more into dolls and caring for people which is cool, but she does have a concept of thier is time and place for everything. She owns her own iPad mini though she can navigate it very well surprisingly.
This is under the assumption that a cell phone will be the only form of high-tech a child will be exposed to throughout his/her days.

Elon Musk DIDN'T have a cell phone when growing up and he turned out fine.

This is under the assumption that a cell phone will be the only form of high-tech a child will be exposed to throughout his/her days.

Elon Musk DIDN'T have a cell phone when growing up and he turned out fine.

Not sure if your read the documentary on Elon musk as a kid, but he owned a computer that his father gave him and made video games at very young age and sold the video game to make money. Imagine him not owning a computer at that age he might not have Been the Elon musk we know today.

Everyone parenting skills is different. So i can't say which one is perfect. I'm not a parent. However when I was 10 I use to fix my and repair my own home computer page and as well repair other people computers. I made a little side money by doing that.

My mom was was proud of me that I made my own money and I gave it to her of course cause I didn't know what to do with it really but spend it on video games.

I am just against kids having access to smart phones in 2018.

I wouldn't be against a child having access to a CPU in 1984.

The level of life altering bad decisions that could be made today using those smart phones greater exceed what could have been done in 1984.

That is my argument

I am just against kids having access to smart phones in 2018.

I wouldn't be against a child having access to a CPU in 1984.

The level of life altering bad decisions that could be made today using those smart phones greater exceed what could have been done in 1984.

That is my argument

I understand your argument, however a smartphone is a computer its just has what we called the Internet and wireless protocols, apps that allows you to connect to the outside world. Which a computer of 1984 didn't probably have (I wasn't alive at the time).

Computers/Cpu is just in a different form factor. Thier should be and are safeguards to protect/control children from making bad decisions. However I know some guys who where children that can easily reverse engineer some high level hardware/software. Only becaus they fell into the dark side of curiosity as children. Ehh everyone different

/end argument.

My kid will more than likely have a cell phone when she starts kindergarten. Just got to raise our kids to make good smart decisions.

raising a kid to make smart decisions can be done without a cell phone.

Interesting point. But phones these days can do a lot more harm than the phones that were out when you were a kid.

I remember playing with my dad's flip phone... All i could do was play Tetris.

I don't think it the device itself that's the concern.

LAN smartphones?

I think they have something like that Motorola made one I think. But a satellite phone can get you hooked up to the internet in no time for those Instagram thot shots.

Kids high tendency to make poor choices + THAT device = Problems waiting to happen.

No device without human access is ever yhr problem

Then take away the ability to make bad decision. Smartphones with no internet or phones that only connect to the schools closed network.

You know kids don't develop the logic portion of their brain until after 13 years old right?

Kids make mistakes. That is part of the growing process.

Doing dumb stuff.

Asking a child to not make dumb decisions is like asking for Koolaid without sugar

Interesting point. But phones these days can do a lot more harm than the phones that were out when you were a kid.

I remember playing with my dad's flip phone... All i could do was play Tetris.

I remember playing with my moms flip phone and downloading pac-man, Tetris, etc on it for free. Just needed to go to special website and bamm pac man on small 2.5 inch lad flip phone.

But ur right Phones are doing way more than before, however that's what they call innovation. Someone is imagining these things in thier head and see how it can work in real world. Just gotta have the hardware to run the software.

You know kids don't develop the logic portion of their brain until after 13 years old right?

Kids make mistakes. That is part of the growing process.

Doing dumb stuff.

Asking a child to not make dumb decisions is like asking for Koolaid without sugar

I ain't know child psychologist. But ur right. I still make silly minor mistakes as an adult but I use logic and deductive reasoning to solve my through problems most of the time.

I don't like sugar with koolaid, unnecessary amount of sugar for something that already contains sugar. I ain't tryna die from diabetes.

I ain't know child psychologist. But ur right. I still make silly minor mistakes as an adult but I use logic and deductive reasoning to solve my through problems most of the time.

I don't like sugar with koolaid, unnecessary amount of sugar for something that already contains sugar. I ain't tryna die from diabetes.
Yea, you are able use logic and deductive reasoning because you have life experience.

A child doesn't have that luxury yet.

Or you could just wait until they are older and are able to understand decision making a little more.

Just asking for trouble giving a child a phone, with THAT access, that early.

Nudes everywhere before their HS career.
Keeping your kids behind in the world does mote harm than good. You honestly think a cell phone is the difference in access for kids?

I dont get this logic.

Keeping your kids behind in the world does mote harm than good.

You honestly think a cell phone is the difference in access for kids?

1. Delaying when youallow your kid to have a smart.phone isn't "keeping them behind."

2. I already said that smart phones are not the only form of high tech that your kids can gain access to. Not giving them a smart phone doesnt automatically mean they are shielded from the rest of the world.

It just means they don'tOWN a smart phone

Are you able to raise a child to make smart decisions (oxymoronic but we can ignore) without giving them a smart phone?

Honestly it just boils down to parenting, some parents would like to see thier kid program in JavaScript or objective C, some would probably like to see their kid tame the cows, chicken and a horse.

Glad my parents allowed me to study my passions, and I excel in what I did in college and at work.

I would like to think you can make a child make smart decisions, so they can be a independent thinker on thier own. However not every child is born with the same level intelligence so I don't know how far you can take that. Nature vs. nurture would play its part.

Intelligence has nothing to do with decision making skills. Environment, peer pressure.

My daughter can read by 6, and know her time tables up to 12 by 9. But if she gdts around her friends and get exposed to "that world" there is NOTHING yku can do as a parent. Nothing.

No amount of teaching or preaching

meh...i know spoiled kids with connected iPhones in grade school...imma let em cook, just parent your kids...no different than teaching em about firearms young.

Intelligence has nothing to do with decision making skills. Environment, peer pressure.

My daughter can read by 6, and know her time tables up to 12 by 9. But if she gdts around her friends and get exposed to "that world" there is NOTHING yku can do as a parent. Nothing.

No amount of teaching or preaching

I think intelligence has a direct correlation with decision making skills. But your a parent I'm not, so your parenting brain is locked on to make sure your daughter can do all necessary grade school skills.

But yeah kids will be kids, no matter the yelling or controlling you force upon them.

I know 6 year old who can program in html and get that bad boy running in no time. But his parents are computer programmers by profession so I think they taught him a little bit. Not to sure but I was amazed.

Back
Top Bottom