Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Real life ?

Chevy and Dodge's sound better imo. It's seem like Ford set out to NOT sound like an LS or Hemi and ended up with this empty soda can stuck on your bmx tire sound.

IDK what some of these dudes out here in Texas are doing to their Mustangs, some straight up sound "broken".

Wasn't tryna hurt your feelings adobe.

video games are essentially just electronic puzzles...you wouldn't claim to have a imagery friend solving a jigg saw...
While both are considered games, they are not equitable

Last edited:
Chevy and Dodge's sound better imo. It's seem like Ford set out to NOT sound like an LS or Hemi and ended up with this empty soda can stuck on your bmx tire sound.

IDK what some of these dudes out here in Texas are doing to their Mustangs, some straight up sound "broken".
I ****in hate the sound of cammed ls engines or anything cammed in general, that loping sound just sounds like straight garbage, like a farm truck or something

Now mind you I'm not talking about games like WoW, but other than that:
-Cost of entry is absurd; any two current gen systems are about equal to the cost of a build considered 'decent'
-parts quickly become obsolete
-Most PC game setups I have seen have the person within sneezing distance of the screen, which means you're not actually far enough away to appreciate any differences in graphics
-Windows is required :sick:
-Physical ownership of a game >>> Paying for access/keys
-Haven't seen an interesting mod yet (I've seen impressive stuff, but nothing I'd want to download)

That's all I've got for now

1. PC gaming can be more expensive depending on the build. But also consider more frequent game sales and not paying for Xbox Live/PSN. It also does more than a console. I think PC has a larger initial investment with things getting cheaper over time.
2. Quickly? Not really ... But again, this also depends on if you "future proof" your setup.
3. Personal computer. I have my console hooked up to my monitor anyway. I'd argue that you'd find a large percentage of console gamers play on a monitor.
4. It is what it is. Not enough interest for other OS.
5. Personal preference, but I think games are moving towards digital downloads anyway.
6. Mods can make great games even better through graphical updates, quality of life improvements, or just random fun stuff.

That was the worst take I've seen on PC gaming in a while. Thought those opinions were left in 2012.

And I have a Switch and PS4 along with PC :lol:

1. PC gaming can be more expensive depending on the build. But also consider more frequent game sales and not paying for Xbox Live/PSN. It also does more than a console. I think PC has a larger initial investment with things getting cheaper over time.
2. Quickly? Not really ... But again, this also depends on if you "future proof" your setup.
3. Personal computer. I have my console hooked up to my monitor anyway. I'd argue that you'd find a large percentage of console gamers play on a monitor.
4. It is what it is. Not enough interest for other OS.
5. Personal preference, but I think games are moving towards digital downloads anyway.
6. Mods can make great games even better through graphical updates, quality of life improvements, or just random fun stuff.

1. XBL and PS+ actively provides free games monthly that may not offset steam sales, but they deserve a mention. And I'm pretty sure I can't build an equal or better computer for what I paid for my Xbox/PS4 & Switch. Matter of fact, let's remove the switch from the equation because the switch is a different lane than home consoles. Can you build something equal to or better than an Xbox or PS4 with $250? $350? Is it not more of a rolling investment since parts have to be updated over time?

2. Future proof?

3. Still doesn't undermine being too close to the screen to appreciate said graphical improvements. And most people on a monitor? Strongly doubt it.

4. Pretty much. Windows still sucks though.

5. Agreed. That's a fair assessment. But until physical is phased out, it's better to have games you can sell/have control of regardless of internet connection, no?

6. See #3 regarding graphics. Isn't there an Xbox that does mods too now? Is that still solely a PC thing? Either way, I don't care too much for mods save for Bethesda bug fixes.

That was the worst take I've seen on PC gaming in a while. Thought those opinions were left in 2012.

And I have a Switch and PS4 along with PC :lol:
Unless you love The Last of Us or Uncharted like that, your setup may be redundant.

I've played on a top-end gaming PC, and I'm in possession of an entry-level one, so what I'm saying isn't a biased, pro-console/anti-PC take.
That said, it would seem like the only way to make PC gaming better than console, is to spend hundreds (thousands?) more than the actual consoles, just to play the same games with community add-ons. That to me, is not worth it. To each their own though.
A91462A9-F4BE-4DE3-84D9-D61AEE66D258-474-00000054E63C46CF.png

Unless you love The Last of Us or Uncharted like that, your setup may be redundant.

I've played on a top-end gaming PC, and I'm in possession of an entry-level one, so what I'm saying isn't a biased, pro-console/anti-PC take.
That said, it would seem like the only way to make PC gaming better than console, is to spend hundreds (thousands?) more than the actual consoles, just to play the same games with community add-ons. That to me, is not worth it. To each their own though.

I had ps4 first I didn't build pc til 2015. Consoles only before that. Ps4 has multiple great exclusives tho besides those 2 so it's still worth it. Then there's the fact that it's the same games in higher res and frames on PC, not just mods. Considering MS is putting most xbox games on PC now, and you got games like GTA and RD coming to PC yrs later, I'd say the 3 systems I have this gen are the ideal set up if you want the most games.

Also an equivalent PC to current gen MIGHT cost a couple hundred more, not even counting the fact you have to pay $60 extra/yr for them to let you access your own internet.

You also have inherent backwards compatibility to basically any game you would want on PC, and most other consoles.

But you are right that it's all opinion and preference at the end of the day.

1. XBL and PS+ actively provides free games monthly that may not offset steam sales, but they deserve a mention. And I'm pretty sure I can't build an equal or better computer for what I paid for my Xbox/PS4 & Switch. Matter of fact, let's remove the switch from the equation because the switch is a different lane than home consoles. Can you build something equal to or better than an Xbox or PS4 with $250? $350? Is it not more of a rolling investment since parts have to be updated over time?

2. Future proof?

3. Still doesn't undermine being too close to the screen to appreciate said graphical improvements. And most people on a monitor? Strongly doubt it.

4. Pretty much. Windows still sucks though.

5. Agreed. That's a fair assessment. But until physical is phased out, it's better to have games you can sell/have control of regardless of internet connection, no?

6. See #3 regarding graphics. Isn't there an Xbox that does mods too now? Is that still solely a PC thing? Either way, I don't care too much for mods save for Bethesda bug fixes.

I think you can still appreciate graphical improvements on a monitor .. why else would there be 4K or 1440p monitors? And sweet, sweet 60fps. Maybe not most play on monitors, but I think you'd be surprised at how many people do.

You can still play games offline ...

I don't know much about mods on Xbox. I'm assuming you'll have a harder time doing mods on Xbox because it has to go through Microsoft.

Future proof as in buying upper-mid to high end parts that you won't have to upgrade for a while years. PC components from 5 years ago are still usable. My current build costs around $750 and was built in 2011. I can play most games at 1080p @ glorious 60 FPS.

That being said, building a PC right now ****ing SUCKS. It is expensive as hell cause of (assumed) price fixing with RAM companies and cryptocurrency mining. It blows.

Also like to say PCs aren't just being built for gaming. They're also workstations.

I also do own an Xbox One. Consoles are great. Simple products so you don't have to fuss about stuff. Everything is standardized so you'll know it'll work.

kids shouldnt have a cell phone until they hit highschool

I kinda agree. They definitely dont need smartphones at a young age, but a simple cellphone like a flip phone imo is good in case of emergencies

I kinda agree. They definitely dont need smartphones at a young age, but a simple cellphone like a flip phone imo is good in case of emergencies

so u gonna get em used to tablets, but as soon as they gotta make a call your relegating em to prehistoric razrs? :lol:

kids shouldnt have a cell phone until they hit highschool
I agree. I got my 8th grade neice an iPhone for Xmas and my sister has had to take the phone away from her. I should have waited until she was a lil older to cop her a phone.

so u gonna get em used to tablets, but as soon as they gotta make a call your relegating em to prehistoric razrs? :lol:

Ya why not? They dont need access to the Internet 24/7 like that. Bad enough adults are so consumed by the internet

Back
Top Bottom