Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

If you show up to the cookout empty handed, you shouldn't be allowed anything more than a hot dog and chips.
Was just talking to my son about this last week. He's 15 and he has a friend who said all he wanted to do was watch the new Spidey with all his friends. Kind of off-topic here but his friend sent out invitations that said 'Don't worry about presents. I just want to watch this movie with my friends!'

I told my son, 'You're invited, you bring something. His parents are paying for the movie for all you guys, get your friend a lil something. And it doesn't have to be anything big or expensive, but it's his birthday. Ya gotta get something.' So then that conversation went on to cookouts and I even talked to him about retirement parties when he's way older. I just told him, "Look, no one 'taught' me this or anything, but I have just never felt comfortable showing up to something empty-handed. I just can't do it."

Let me preface this by saying that I tuned in every week beginning with episode 1....

Succession is mid af.

I just finished the first season and I don't know if I like it. Hard to enjoy a show where literally every character is objectively despicable, but Imma stick with it for a bit longer.

I just finished the first season and I don't know if I like it. Hard to enjoy a show where literally every character is objectively despicable
So you're 1 season in and I have a question. I've finished, i love it, but I agree that it's not for everyone and that every character is despicable for different reasons.

Question: Who's your least despicable character?
We've got the 4 kids: Connor, Ken, Roy, and Shiv.
Shiv's hubs, Tom.
Greg, corporate pawn
Gerri, councilwoman
Frank, Vice Chairman
Karl, Chief Financial Officer
Hugo, Communications Executive
And of course Logan.

Who is the least despicable? 👀

I feel like bringing something to a get together could be #cultural. Growing up my mom always made sure I brought something but as I’ve gotten older my inclination is still to bring something but it’s not always necessary. I usually just ask if they need anything when I’m coming

I was wondering if expecting/not expecting people to bring something was cultural/regional/individual too. Growing up, my moms would throw get togethers in our neighborhood and rural Jamaica where folks have nothing to bring, so just bring yourself and eat, drink, have a good time.

Let me preface this by saying that I tuned in every week beginning with episode 1....

Succession is mid af.
I realy tried to give the first season a chance a while back, I just can not get myself to care about rich people drama. Their problems just don’t seem real to me and like people previously mentioned, everyone definitely comes off like a scumbag in that show.

i don’t mind if people don’t bring something to a get together/ game night I’m hosting but I would be lying if I said I don’t ‘categorize’/rank people in my mind based on if they bring something or at least ask :lol:

idk if this is unpopular or whatever but i think leo dates 25 & younger bc he likes mainly white women & they age like milk
pointing-leonardo-di-caprio.gif

So you're 1 season in and I have a question. I've finished, i love it, but I agree that it's not for everyone and that every character is despicable for different reasons.

Question: Who's your least despicable character?
We've got the 4 kids: Connor, Ken, Roy, and Shiv.
Shiv's hubs, Tom.
Greg, corporate pawn
Gerri, councilwoman
Frank, Vice Chairman
Karl, Chief Financial Officer
Hugo, Communications Executive
And of course Logan.

Who is the least despicable? 👀

Until the last episode of season 1, Ken might have been the least despicable, or maybe Frank, but they're all super-trash now. I don't know if I could pick Karl or Hugo out of a line-up at this point in the show. I guess Ewan is the only somewhat understandable one, and just because of his "**** you" stance to everyone else, but I'm sure we'll find out he's a horrible person as well. Also, Shiv is a baddie.

Brian Cox is a beast of an actor though. I just finished Deadwood recently, and his character there could not be more different than in Succession. Guy is good.

Seasons are ruining video games. Every game just copied what Fortnite started.
Seasons have always existed in the higher competitive scene. Counter strike and starcraft for example. When ranked matchmaking exists, you can’t just be rated top 200 and then quit. When ranked matchmaking exists, you can’t just be rated top 200 and then quit. You have to put in some games a week to keep your ranking up.

but I believe they just evolved into including casual games now to get consistent player count which matters in the end.

Back
Top Bottom