Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

Not a fan of TVs mounted too much above seat level honestly. But I guess with TVs being 84+ inches now it doesn’t matter.

For me, it depends on the size of the TV and the room. Bigger TVs in bigger rooms, go ahead and mount it up, but a 40 inch in a one bedroom apartment doesnt need to be mounted. I also believe there is such a thing as too big of a TV.

Being in 1-2 group chats is fine. Being in 3+ becomes annoying
I'm currently in three.

One is my immediate family which consists of my mom sending IG links

Two is my HS friends which consists of basketball talk

Three is my college friends which we only talk politics and memes lol

I don't think I could handle another :lol:

Being in any more than 0 group chats sounds like torture to me. I cannot imagine a situation where I had a group of people that I need, just NEED to be in constant communication with. That's no dig on any of you, though. You do your thing. 🤙 I am just very literally saying it couldn't be me.

Being in anymore than 0 group chats sounds like torture to me. I cannot imagine a situation where I had a group of people that I need, just NEED to be in constant communication with. That's no dig on any of you, though. You do your thing. 🤙 I am just very literally saying it couldn't be me.
The group chats I’m in are intentional, not daily meme swaps. I have two group chats with former coworkers and grad schoolmates which are mainly open forums for job opportunities. Then I have another with hometown friends. A few of us moved away but we usually use it to talk sports and check-in to see whose in town for the holidays to link up. No chat I’m in is active daily.

The group chats I’m in are intentional, not daily meme swaps. I have two group chats with former coworkers and grad schoolmates which are mainly open forums for job opportunities. Then I have another with hometown friends. A few of us moved away but we usually use it to talk sports and check-in to see whose in town for the holidays to link up. No chat I’m in is active daily.
Ok THAT I would do. That sounds incredible.

Y’all are weird lol. Group chats are the easiest way to stay in touch. What I don’t have is time for 1 on 1 text convos with people.

I live exclusively in the world of group chats + actual phone calls + no social media.

Group chat 1: Friends from high school / college about 12 of us. We all grew up together and played sports together. Anything important is just announced in the group chat (weddings, birth, funerals, etc). And on the day to day it’s just for joking around.

Group chat 2: Other college friends. Less often used just stay in touch for our once a year meetups and some lakers / dubs talk.

Group chat 3: All cousins on whatsapp. Not much activity some posting here and there of pics when people meetup (we all live across the world in diff places)

Group chat 4: My international friends from abroad

Group chat 5: My immediate work group at current job. Rarely used just some food pics and logistics stuff.

All in all I spend maybe 20 mins a day in total reading and communicating across all the chats combined. Not sure what the big deal is…we all read 100x on NT or online articles.

fortunately iPhone let’s you mute the conversations, so I don’t get any notifications.

Often times I open my phone and I have 200+ unread text :lol:

Not sure what the big deal is…
Phone always buzzing because people are just sharing memes/gifs from social media when we all are on IG, Twitter, etc. I’ve had to mute a family chat because thats what it devolved into for 95% of the messages.

Group chats centered on actual convos is perfectly fine. I don’t need a secondary IG feed in a group chat…

Mute the group chat.

Get to them while you can.

Archive the ones you are in but don't want to be rude about leaving.

Simple solution.

Group chats?

Username to post content is a milli a milli a milli a a a milli a milli
1691872742079.gif

Back
Top Bottom