Do you know any sneakerheads or are you the only one among your friends?

Sneakers?
Naw we wre now 2nd/3rd passport and property owner heads.

CD99eZWUUAEbr6R.jpg

Hmm only 1 now. Consequently, he got me back into buying sneakers within the past 2 years. 1999-2006 were my peak years and I was on NT on a different SN. RIP to that account.

I have a few friends who are into the sneaker culture but not many as far as collecting goes..I have a few who are into the designer shoe game as well which really isn't my thing...

Yup. My boy used to be to be but he moved on to other things.

I still got about 30 pairs at my moms, in a closet gathering dust and space. Only rock about 4-5 regularly.

And I want to buy the new yeezys or retro Jordan's I ****s with but I never get through on any of these sites and resell prices are for the birds.

Hence why My interest have moved into saint laurent, maison, and y3 which are more obtainable and don't have raffles and all that bs

Yup. My boy used to be to be but he moved on to other things.

I still got about 30 pairs at my moms, in a closet gathering dust and space. Only rock about 4-5 regularly.

And I want to buy the new yeezys or retro Jordan's I ****s with but I never get through on any of these sites and resell prices are for the birds.

Hence why My interest have moved into saint laurent, maison, and y3 which are more obtainable and don't have raffles and all that bs
But the retail for those are more than resell for most shoes...

Not anymore,everybody I'm friends with moved on to collecting other things. We still talk about certain releases we would like to cop etc... but never actually do.

But the retail for those are more than resell for most shoes...

All I see for yeezys are 600 and up. Some ysl tetter around that but it's mostly the principle. I don't like the re sell culture to be honest.

I've never bought a sneaker on the resell market for more than 20% of its initial retail value.

This thread got me thinking about selling and sending back all my shoes to Nike that I copped this year.

Still friends with a couple. But we're not big into shoes as we used to be.

Don't know any sneakerheads in my country. I can understand just wanting to collect sneakers etc. but I've always found the whole idea of some people going to the length of camping outside the store for some shoes very strange.

Don't know any sneakerheads in my country. I can understand just wanting to collect sneakers etc. but I've always found the whole idea of some people going to the length of camping outside the store for some shoes very strange.

Bruh in the toronto thread theres mans that go to every Footlocker, Champs and other sneaker store for raffles. Its crazy to me. I mean you really want a shoe that bad youll spend a whole day travelling all over the city for a chance to buy it? Crazy...

Bruh in the toronto thread theres mans that go to every Footlocker, Champs and other sneaker store for raffles. Its crazy to me. I mean you really want a shoe that bad youll spend a whole day travelling all over the city for a chance to buy it? Crazy...
Yeah I have a hard time understanding that. Only time I've actually heard of people camping infront of stores for sneakers here was when the Adidas Yeezys first released. The line wasn't that long but it made the news because it's generally seen as very odd. But I can at least somewhat understand camping for Yeezys due to the financial aspect of resales. But surely it'd be easier to just buy bots to order them online.
It is what it is though; if they wanna camp infront of a store for some shoes, good for them. Fine by me but I'll continue finding the whole idea of it very strange.

Yeah I have a hard time understanding that. Only time I've actually heard of people camping infront of stores for sneakers here was when the Adidas Yeezys first released. The line wasn't that long but it made the news because it's generally seen as very odd. But I can at least somewhat understand camping for Yeezys due to the financial aspect of resales. But surely it'd be easier to just buy bots to order them online.
It is what it is though; if they wanna camp infront of a store for some shoes, good for them. Fine by me but I'll continue finding the whole idea of it very strange.
That's how some people make money.

That's how some people make money.
There's certainly a good amount of money to be made for resellers. A hustle is a hustle at the of the day so I can understand it from the financial perspective. I'd still find it strange either way but it'd make more sense to me from that point of view.

Back
Top Bottom