Do you know any sneakerheads or are you the only one among your friends?

There's certainly a good amount of money to be made for resellers. A hustle is a hustle at the of the day so I can understand it from the financial perspective. I'd still find it strange either way but it'd make more sense to me from that point of view.
Also some people enjoy it, I've done so many lines to this point. Sometimes to have a few dollars in my pocket mostly cuz I need that item for the collection

most people i know just like staying fresh, and it just happens to intersect with da "sneaker head geek world"

trust me, i learned a long ago those 2 worlds are distinct.

i only have substantive wonky esoteric conversations about sneakers here :lol:

most people i know just like staying fresh, and it just happens to intersect with da "sneaker head geek world"

trust me, i learned a long ago those 2 worlds are distinct.

i only have substantive wonky esoteric conversations about sneakers here :lol:
A guy who likes to cop the latest gr Jordan to try and be fly is completely different then a actual sneaker dude who analyzes every shoe release, worlds apart lol but people not in the know would say it's the same thing

A guy who likes to cop the latest gr Jordan to try and be fly is completely different then a actual sneaker dude who analyzes every shoe release, worlds apart lol but people not in the know would say it's the same thing

to da outsider looking in since its mutual intelligible content/gear they confuse da groups, perfectly understandable but yeah, these folks march to a different drum.

to da outsider looking in since its mutual intelligible content/gear they confuse da groups, perfectly understandable but yeah, these folks march to a different drum.
Yup, Im a little of both but moreso the shoe analyzation guy

Im like the only 1 in my community

When i reach another borough i see my homies

None of the people I've known in the last 8 or so years are into sneakers. I still buy a random pair here and there, but I'm not obsessed with them. In fact, I have a bunch that I should get rid of. It's kind of a weird thing to be into when you think about it.

I'm the only one in any of my circles that care or is knowledgeable about sneakers. There are maybe 1 or 2 I can talk some basic things about, but my girl basically knows more than any of these ppl from being around it so often.

The homies are still into sneakers, but not like they used to be. I'm in the same boat.

We still keep up with them, but def don't buy near as many as we used to. I'm slowly getting to the point where that sneaker money, while disposable, is better spent elsewhere.

That said, I'll always buy pairs here and there. Sometimes I do catch myself in the middle of a sneaker bender though. :lol: We've all been there I think lol. Like when you stop and add up how much you've spent in the past week and then feel like a damn fool. Happens once every few months. :lol:

One of my best friends IRL is on the board, and I didn't know until college.

Reckon that was about 13 yrs ago or so. He's still into kicks, i'm basically the guy SuperblyTrife mentioned above.

I'm the only one in any of my circles that care or is knowledgeable about sneakers. There are maybe 1 or 2 I can talk some basic things about, but my girl basically knows more than any of these ppl from being around it so often.
:emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking::emoji_thinking:

Yea man none of those columbus kids could tell you jack about sneakers, then even less in the industry I'm in. Couldn't even tell you what a pair of XIs is. There's probably some now in the know but they're just riding the wave, plus I wouldn't consider them the homies or anything

Now that I think about it, it's probably just you and another dude from college that I've met that are just as into it if not more

A few people I went to HS with, yeah. Don't know too many now as I'm not in contact with a lot of people.

Mostly seems like a fashion statement more so than actually knowing the history of the brand and shoes.

When a teenager sees me rocking some beat Jordans and asks me if I'm a "sneakerhead"

tumblr_nkreooJLp81rbttujo2_540.gif

When I was at my most consumed it was only one other friend I have who was in it just as heavy and he was in Canada at the time. My other homeboys and my younger brother just took my advice in what was hot at the time while I was spending outrageous amounts of money on kicks. Fast forward 10 years later and the passion is still there, just a lot more discreet. The budy that was in Canada is back out here and we both copped some **** the other day and are thinking about flying to NY for the offwhite collabs. I'm in Roshes or some beater White/inf 6's most of the time I wear sneakers but every now and then I'll throw on something like Solar 2's and bask in the attention

Real talk, in the circle of friends that I had in high school none of them actually knew kicks. They liked a few here and there but didn't really have in-depth knowledge and basically only knew Jordans. I sonned all of them and taught them game, if it wasn't for me most would still be wasteman wearing anything with a jumpman on it.

Yea man none of those columbus kids could tell you jack about sneakers, then even less in the industry I'm in. Couldn't even tell you what a pair of XIs is. There's probably some now in the know but they're just riding the wave, plus I wouldn't consider them the homies or anything

Now that I think about it, it's probably just you and another dude from college that I've met that are just as into it if not more
your brother not into it no more? I remember he had the zoom generation colorway that just retroed. And yea a lot of dudes been riding the wave since the concords retroed it seems. So damn annoying to walk around the mall and see these kids acting like they actually appreciate and cherish what they got on their feet. I got my ex-gf into kicks, I taught that girl so much she turned her boyfriend after me into a "sneakerhead". Man used to be dusty as hell wearing beat up chucks and team jordans
mjlol.png
mjlol.png

I used to be the only out of my group of friends that was a sneakhead. I remember being stoked when I got the air slimshady airbursts and my friends didn't give 2 cents. lol .. As times, priorities, and friends have changed I actually find myself being the only one not really into shoes anymore. I am probably one of the few people on this board that doesn't own a pair of Yeezies lol.

Haven't owned a pair either...haven't even seen one in person.

Would like to own the Moonrock CW if any of them.

Back
Top Bottom