Do you really care if white ppl use the "N-Word"

^
I've always seen myself as black because I didn't want to distance myself from my people no matter what country they live in.
Nothing funnier than blacks getting their exotical on.

To piggyback of that, before someone asks my name or origin, they can see im black so the n word is already something they can say if they want to insult me.

The older I get he less I care. Only time anyone would get a reaction out of me is if they physically put their hands on me.

What I absolutely HATE is when Africans use it towards one another. I had to check my little cousin fo saying it. You’ll be a man not a damn *****. I’m trying to engrain that in his head early.

As a Nigerian man born here I’m in no position to say what blacks should say or shouldn’t say to one another but my two cents is as a collective; if blacks continue to call each other it then everyone else will get more comfortable saying it.

I’ve been in situations where it’s just my homie and I and we’re out to eat around a whole Bunch of white people and he’ll throw it in every other sentence. I get this weird feeling as if they WANT us to keep saying it towards each other. I can’t think of another race that’s calls each other by a negative turned “positive” term maybe I’m wrong.

I also think it’s easier to fight one another, steal, rob, mistreat one another if we look at one other as ****** rather than brother and sister. Too many ****** not enough brothers out here.

That’s my 2 cents
So white people saying it don't bother you but a but hearing an African person say it upsets You???

And why do you say "blacks" instead of "black people"? I personally feel disrespected when I see that **** tbh. Like what is a black? A black shoe? Black key on a piano? What you talking about fam

You didn't call white people "whites".......

So white people saying it don't bother you but a but hearing an African person say it upsets You???

And why do you say "blacks" instead of "black people"? I personally feel disrespected when I see that **** tbh. Like what is a black? A black shoe? Black key on a piano? What you talking about fam

This is almost like the female argument and women not liking to be called that.

If we are referring to people, through context of the conversation, is it necessary to say PEOPLE?

I get your point though

360waves 360waves

Funny you seem to see this as an AA issue and not a worldwide black issue. You even refer to black americans as black and you as other (african). wtf???

An african in europe today and an african during colonization fully understand the meaning and history behind the word while simultaneously feeling the wrath of it.

Anyway, in my younger more vigilant stages (high school and college) i didnt use it and did not permit anyone around me to use it.

Nowadays, I aint getting locked up for it but if someone gets folded for saying it, i aint eem mad.

360waves 360waves

Funny you seem to see this as an AA issue and not a worldwide black issue. You even refer to black americans as black and you as other (african). wtf???

An african in europe today and an african during colonization fully understand the meaning and history behind the word while simultaneously feeling the wrath of it.

Anyway, in my younger more vigilant stages (high school and college) i didnt use it and did not permit anyone around me to use it.

Nowadays, I aint getting locked up for it but if someone gets folded for saying it, i aint eem mad.

Not really, my stance is nobody should use it but im no position to tell AA what to do or how they should feel about the word because their experience is different than mine.

If a white person called me the N word or monkey there isnt any "wrath" because im not either of the two. Those words dont affect me at all. They did when I was younger; when I allowed racism to be projected on me. In my experience A lot of other cultures are inherently racist. They are going to think and do what history has shown them to be capable of doing. Im all for uplifting Black people whether your AA or African/ Jamaican/ Haitian etc. This is me personally speaking. Others may feel some way about it and i understand why.

And yes African and African Americans Share a common horrific portion of history but the two are very very different. Even northern Nigerians are far different than south Nigerians. When I say different I dont mean that in a negative way. Just saying every culture would experience that differently. Yes we are all black but to say we are the same is a stretch. Im not saying one is better than the other just pointing out the obvious differences. Ghanaian are far different than south Africans; Egyptians are different than Beninians. Sure we share the same skin tones and common history but there are a lot of differences. There are different cultures, religions, foods, lifestyles, customs languages so on and so forth. There is a connection to AA but theres a wide difference as well.

Yea whites/ white people saying it doesn't bother me because its what I expect from them. In my experience many are racist or cover it up I know thats how many of them inherently are.

It bothers me when a black kid thinks hes a *****. He should have a higher standard for himself.

I was skimming through the thread and saw someone said “Asians on the west coast”.

If you live in the Bay Area, it’s all those east bay and north bay Asians/ Filipinos

I know it’s not everyone but
Southbay Asians/Filipinos know better.

Nobody should be saying it, it's disrespectful to ourselves and especially our ancestors. You don't hear Jewish people calling each other ****, for example. I'm kind of surprised it's still allowed to fly at this point in time, but since rap is the music of the day, it's not going away anytime soon.

360waves 360waves

Off break, you need to know that I am African. Guinea is thousands of miles aways from Nigeria, plus we speak different "official" languages. We ourselves can easily tell the difference between each other but they can not. All i said was you still black yo.

And by wrath, i meant physically. Do you know whats happening to nigerians in the UK right now? Best believe they understand the n word with an a or er.

The thing is you find using n_a as a strictly american thing. What im saying, as an african from america, if i got to Jamaica and they saying the n word, i wouldnt give it a second thought. Im not gonna feel like i should shun them and only "allow" AA to say it

I've heard the n-word ending in -a plenty of times here, I think it's a thing in many countries. Not in regular conversation but I've heard it used as a greeting between black people. Admittedly I've also heard it from a few white people. Our native language in the northern half of Belgium is Dutch but over the years mixing in English terms into our dialect has become a lot more common.
As for the most offensive version of the n-word, I've heard it a handful of times but mostly in the past. Apparently we do have a direct Dutch translation of that n-word (the g's are relaced by 2 k's) but I have never heard that. Any time I've heard that word it has always been the English version.

I saw a fight breakout cause one guy was rapping to the music being played in a club and he said the n word.
**** was so pointless bro he was singing along the song.

360waves 360waves

Off break, you need to know that I am African. Guinea is thousands of miles aways from Nigeria, plus we speak different "official" languages. We ourselves can easily tell the difference between each other but they can not. All i said was you still black yo.

And by wrath, i meant physically. Do you know whats happening to nigerians in the UK right now? Best believe they understand the n word with an a or er.

The thing is you find using n_a as a strictly american thing. What im saying, as an african from america, if i got to Jamaica and they saying the n word, i wouldnt give it a second thought. Im not gonna feel like i should shun them and only "allow" AA to say it

Of course im black when and were did i say i wasnt? Im confused. It sounds like your saying black and ***** are synonyms??

I expect UK to be like that, I expect predominantly white countries and Arab countries to be racist towards blacks. Thats why I said i my original post that verbal wouldnt bother me but PHYSICAL attacks will be handled physically. Ive been called the N word more times than I could count im in Wisconsin lol. Any corner of the globe there will be racists. Thats why (brothers and sisters) have to uplift one another and hold one another with higher regard. Not call each other *****. But who am I.

Im not shunning anyone. I would rather hear brother and sister than ***** thats all im saying

I saw a fight breakout cause one guy was rapping to the music being played in a club and he said the n word.

*ques DMX Woodstock performance *

360waves 360waves

Bruh, the discussion was about whether or not Africans can use the n word. You made it seem as if you berated your Nigerian nephew for using the word as if Africans cant.

If you on that nobody shouldn't tip then I can see where you coming from.

Nobody should be saying it, it's disrespectful to ourselves and especially our ancestors. You don't hear Jewish people calling each other ****, for example. I'm kind of surprised it's still allowed to fly at this point in time, but since rap is the music of the day, it's not going away anytime soon.
Just some different opinions

360waves 360waves

Bruh, the discussion was about whether or not Africans can use the n word. You made it seem as if you berated your Nigerian nephew for using the word as if Africans cant.

If you on that nobody shouldn't tip then I can see where you coming from.

Well personally I think Africans shouldn’t use it. It seems so forced and copied. What is a ***** anyway? Can you explain what a ***** is to me?

Yea I don’t think anyone should use it. It should be replaced with brother and sister imo.

I know mad Hispanics that use it. **** is crazy. I feel like **** for not stepping in and saying anything, but on the other hand theyre not exactly doing much with their lives so I couldn't care less.

Same here. Wild Spanish dudes I’m cool wit, Filipinos, Indians, etc we all say it

I don’t really have a lot of white friends but the ones I do have don’t use it. The Filipino in my clique says it, the Dominican does, the 3 Puerto Rican’s say it and it doesn’t bother me

Obv if a white person said it then yeah. Here’s my problem:

some say it’s ok if a white person says it when they’re singing a song. But does context really matter when it comes to them usin the N word?

Then singing a song vs them saying it to you are different things? Nahh I think it’s wrong either way

Wonder if he still recites all the lyrics of his favorite rap songs in public >D

Well personally I think Africans shouldn’t use it. It seems so forced and copied. What is a ***** anyway? Can you explain what a ***** is to me?

Yea I don’t think anyone should use it. It should be replaced with brother and sister imo.

What type of loaded question is that? What is a *****? A ***** doesnt exist. Its a word that has different meaning to different people. Some whites say it in a derogatory manner. Some blacks choose to ameliorate the word.

Either way, all im saying is before anyone knows im african, they see black.

You think white folks only made up this to berate black americans, like they not gonna use it on any black person from any origin.

Blacks Americans dont have and have never tried to have a monopoly on the word.

If you feel otherwise, lets leave at that. Agree to disagree.

This might be the biggest reach i've seen in 2018 :lol:

What type of loaded question is that? What is a *****? A ***** doesnt exist. Its a word that has different meaning to different people. Some whites say it in a derogatory manner. Some blacks choose to ameliorate the word.

Either way, all im saying is before anyone knows im african, they see black.

You think white folks only made up this to berate black americans, like they not gonna use it on any black person from any origin.

Blacks Americans dont have and have never tried to have a monopoly on the word.

If you feel otherwise, lets leave at that. Agree to disagree.

I guess all I’m saying is before I know you’re African I see you’re a man first. We’ll agree to disagree but appreciate the discussion.

Back
Top Bottom