Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

i still buy cd's

wish more newer rap albums came out in cd

now albums are burned on cd and sites like amazon deepdiscount sell them for full cd price

only problem with new printed cds there made in mexico and they cheap as hell same with dvd and blu rays

i really hope cds make a comeback i don't know whats the big deal with vinyl

IMG-0278.jpg

Oh man, I forgot about this thread. Nice pick ups kurr kurr and getback getback :emoji_thumbsup:

I’ve picked up at atleast 100+ cd’s since my last post, lol. I’ll shoot a pic from what I got just yesterday.

Last CD I bought might have been TI vs. TIP when I was a jit

damn :lol:

I miss the whole package that came wit CDs tho

I literally thought I was the only one who cared about their CD collection, TURBO UNO TURBO UNO . I kinda stopped grabbing within the past several years. I feel like the last one I grabbed was Weeknd's StarBoy at Target or somewhere lol. My vinyl collection has been growing though.

I literally thought I was the only one who cared about their CD collection, TURBO UNO TURBO UNO . I kinda stopped grabbing within the past several years. I feel like the last one I grabbed was Weeknd's StarBoy at Target or somewhere lol. My vinyl collection has been growing though.

Nah man, there’s still plenty out here buying. The amount of people coming in to the thrift stores to get cd’s, albums and even tapes was eye opening to me. I’ve talked to a few and they do buy new stuff from Target/Walmart but not as much. They’re pretty much going after older music like do. I do my music shopping exclusively at thrift stores because I get cd’s for $1-2 max, that’s a great deal.

Edit: Here is yesterday’s haul, lol.
61B60319-A13B-4991-B396-676D46DE9BBB.jpeg

Last edited:
What's crazy is tapes are coming back too. Got a few friends that collect them and I guess there's niche artists that release music on them still

What's crazy is tapes are coming back too. Got a few friends that collect them and I guess there's niche artists that release music on them still

Cassettes and vinyls are making a huge comeback. Go in a Borders or Barnes & Noble and the vinyls have basically replaced CDs entirely.

I had posted this in the Music Forum months ago, but I had went to Best Buy to get a new system out in, and while waiting I was just walking around looking cause I hadn’t been in a Best Buy in ages, and the CD section had been shrunk all the way down to maybe 12 albums, with the only rap album left being the most recent Trill Fam album :lol: :lol:

I think the best era had to be the iPod Classic era. 2000’s to early 2010s. IPods still had large storage and CDs were still relatively easy to find. Best of both worlds. But this cloud **** ruined everything. Music isn’t the same anymore. I’m not just talking quality but how we listen to it. So much of it for me was spending hours at Coconuts, The Wiz, FYE, J&R, Fat Beats NY, Tower, Virgin, Other Music, Rough Trade. Most of those places are gone, even Best Buy stopped selling CDs. Now, one of the last few places selling CDs is also notorious for being the worst- Target. I have Apple Music but I don’t really like it. I can’t even remember the last CD I bought. Own hundreds (maybe a couple thousand). Several I have signed. My most prized signed album is definitely Illmatic.
32495752-C005-4B6A-8E55-E44F740650CD.jpeg

I think the best era had to be the iPod Classic era. 2000’s to early 2010s. IPods still had large storage and CDs were still relatively easy to find. Best of both worlds. But this cloud **** ruined everything. Music isn’t the same anymore. I’m not just talking quality but how we listen to it. So much of it for me was spending hours at Coconuts, The Wiz, FYE, J&R, Fat Beats NY, Tower, Virgin, Other Music, Rough Trade. Most of those places are gone, even Best Buy stopped selling CDs. Now, one of the last few places selling CDs is also notorious for being the worst- Target. I have Apple Music but I don’t really like it. I can’t even remember the last CD I bought. Own hundreds (maybe a couple thousand). Several I have signed. My most prized signed album is definitely Illmatic.
32495752-C005-4B6A-8E55-E44F740650CD.jpeg

I feel like they intentionally stopped selling those large storage ones cause people were keeping them far too long. I’d love to still have an iPod classic with the 160gigs :lol:

I feel like they intentionally stopped selling those large storage ones cause people were keeping them far too long. I’d love to still have an iPod classic with the 160gigs :lol:

I had a 256gb Classic for a lot of years and it got to the point that 256gb wasn’t enough space for my library. I was hoping they would make a larger one but by that time was the beginning of the Cloud ****.

With Dmx having a drug overdose today
If your sill buying cds I would suggest you go to Amazon.com and buy is early albums

BTW I still buy cds
Only problem is if you buy current rap music cds on Amazon from major labels you might get a burnt cds and pay $13.99 and up

also cds and dvds for that matter are no longer made in the US

there all made cheaply in Mexico
I hate the quality

I had the 120gb iPod classic with a ton of music. Sold it though. I keep all of my music stored digitally in lossless, which is the same quality as CD.

I can understand why people like Vinyl though

I had the 120gb iPod classic with a ton of music. Sold it though. I keep all of my music stored digitally in lossless, which is the same quality as CD.

I can understand why people like Vinyl though
I still got my iPod classic but haven’t had iTunes since like 2013 so that’s the last time it was updated :lol:

Back
Top Bottom