Do you still buy CDs?....VOL...BEST BUY

Man I had a case that held around 256 cd’s
I probably had around 200 cd’s in it
Most were original and some were burned
Let my friend borrow it and someone stole it from his car
I’m old school I guess
Nothing beats popping a cd in and just cruising around town
Plus it sounds so much better especially if it’s an original cd

Have a gang a CD's but now that I updated by whip to be bluetooth equipped... they're obsolete. I'm still gonna keep my stash but all they'll do is collect dust.

Heres my cd collection
80607292-F167-4FEC-94A8-C88975B9C483.jpeg

I think the best era had to be the iPod Classic era. 2000’s to early 2010s. IPods still had large storage and CDs were still relatively easy to find. Best of both worlds. But this cloud **** ruined everything. Music isn’t the same anymore. I’m not just talking quality but how we listen to it. So much of it for me was spending hours at Coconuts, The Wiz, FYE, J&R, Fat Beats NY, Tower, Virgin, Other Music, Rough Trade. Most of those places are gone, even Best Buy stopped selling CDs. Now, one of the last few places selling CDs is also notorious for being the worst- Target. I have Apple Music but I don’t really like it. I can’t even remember the last CD I bought. Own hundreds (maybe a couple thousand). Several I have signed. My most prized signed album is definitely Illmatic.
32495752-C005-4B6A-8E55-E44F740650CD.jpeg

I had a minidisc player in college. Remember those things? :lol:

With Dmx having a drug overdose today
If your sill buying cds I would suggest you go to Amazon.com and buy is early albums

BTW I still buy cds
Only problem is if you buy current rap music cds on Amazon from major labels you might get a burnt cds and pay $13.99 and up

also cds and dvds for that matter are no longer made in the US

there all made cheaply in Mexico
I hate the quality

Also try to avoid buying the re-recorded versions of albums and not get tricked. There’s a re-recorded greatest hits type DMX album and it sounds horrific. The beats sound like somebody tried to remake the originals from memory, and X’s voice sounds like those VH1/BET edits

Man I had a case that held around 256 cd’s
I probably had around 200 cd’s in it
Most were original and some were burned
Let my friend borrow it and someone stole it from his car
I’m old school I guess
Nothing beats popping a cd in and just cruising around town
Plus it sounds so much better especially if it’s an original cd

Ive already passed the 500 mark with just a few more I’m missing. They’re all boxed up in the storage unit where I’ll soon put them on to a big *** hard drive.

Also try to avoid buying the re-recorded versions of albums and not get tricked. There’s a re-recorded greatest hits type DMX album and it sounds horrific. The beats sound like somebody tried to remake the originals from memory, and X’s voice sounds like those VH1/BET edits

Most unknowingly buy re-issues or re-releases only getting first issues/pressings/duplications by chance.
So people may be getting "tricked" most of the time whether bootleg or re-issue.

Last edited:
My ipod didn't last for sh...I had the 256gb that played videos. Everyone I knew who had this one all got the sad face within like 2-3 yrs. Was not worth the money I paid.

Back
Top Bottom