Do you think the Air Jordan Brand "SOLD OUT!?"

Originally Posted by NYC Finesse23

Originally Posted by jeyel

i think i outgrew jb though.. the direction they're headed with fusions and theme colorways just doesnt appeal to me

sad
frown.gif
but indeed true

quality has gone done, but in the end it's all about maximizing revenue and lowering costs.

hell yeah they sold out

once in a blue moon they make something of par value and thats not saying much

corporate greed FTL

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

no I'm happy with the current retros, they would ruin the OG legacy if the produced the colorways that u all want... Stop crying and buy the OGs!!!

I do buy OG's and I am certainly not crying. Couple years back it was never like this. I can't just buy all OG's cuz they'll crumble. Well yourhappy about the current JB? Ha! must started collecting yesterday.

Yeah. Jordan brand is weak. It's all about the retros and signature series.

Yes I also agree!!! But i think JB is headed more towards these younger kids with these outrageous colorways and fusions!! For the true collectors JB ended in1999-2003 era!!

no I'm happy with the current retros, they would ruin the OG legacy if the produced the colorways that u all want... Stop crying and buy the OGs!!!

the stuff jb is putting out now is trash. even the team shoes now suck. jb used to have some good team shoes, j'madness, fbi's, flows were all prettygood shoes in my book. now their team shoes are looking like shaqs.

i think the fusions are ugly as hell. i also dont like how they are trying to turn the 1 into something like the dunk or af1. its easy to see how the qualityhas lowered on jordan kicks, while the price is continually rising. thats just bs, but they know their stuff sells, so i dont see jb changing a thing. i dontknow why its so hard for jb to come up with good colorways for their shoes. their recent retros are atrocious. burgundy 5s, peapod 8s????

i think the last jb release i bought was the playoff 8s, i cant afford 300+ on a pack and i know im not alone here. i think jb is headed in a terribledirection. i dont see why its so hard to put out a few quality team shoes, two retros in a few og & good retro + colorways (id even take some of the lscrap), and the next shoe in the series.
the only jb products i'm buying now are shoes i missed out on in the past because i didnt have the $ at the time or another reason why i couldnt get myhands on them.

They been Sold Out and We Were Too Blind to Know It Until all this Trash Colorways and Butchering of OGs/Classics started happening.

Originally Posted by dunksnjordans1992

hey do you think its gentrys choice they are useing bad quality?

At most, i think Gentry has a part to play in it.

In Driven from within there's a story about how Jordan took apart a friend's Pumas to see how they were made.

JB/Nike also go to great lengths to tell us how Jordan is a key part of designing shoes, yet in spite of his apparent eye for detail,
'feel' for a well made shoe, Retros often fall so short of the original it borders on insult.

In Inside Nike, Jordan says how every time they make a shoe, it's the best they can do. Yet, he looks away from the camera when he says it.

Jordan himself sold out.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Yes.

If Nike can make a good quality retro, almost on point with the OG (in most cases) why cant JB?

Agreed. Some decent (Nike) Retros have been coming out of Y3 recently.

I think so. If they keep it up with all the trends they try to follow, I think i'ts coming to an end as we know it. I remember when they used to set thetrends instead of jumping on some fad bandwagon. They did their own thing instead of getting caught up in the hype of today. If they don't clean up theiract soon they will OFFICIALLY become a hypebeast trend.

I also remember when they put their shoes together with QUALITY. Nowadays they just literally throw together stuff without OUALITY and people stll gobble it upjust because they're Jordans. I understand it's a buisness first and formost, but today how they make Air Jordan sneakers and their apparel is likemissing that one ingredient in a home-cooked meal: LOVE.

That's a damn shame.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Thank you 410, it's nice to see someone with some sense writing posts in here.

Back
Top Bottom