Do you think the Air Jordan Brand "SOLD OUT!?"

its one thing to sell out its another thing to ruin the legacy, I have to admit, Jordan brand is definitely killing the legacy of the original shoes that madethe Jordan line what it is with all this fusion crap, and poor quality retro's. Imagine if mercedes benz started making cars with spinning rims and gaudycolors, it just totally throws the Image you once have for a brand right out the window. Well thats what Jordan brand has done, at least in my eyes.....

I feel like they have sold out, only because they created a market for the person who appreciates the original shoes and colorways in the begining. Within therecent years another type of person has come about who wants the shoe for what it is and not what it represents. The market is now flooded with"hypebeasts" and that has now become the majority. I feel eventually collecting shoes will not be "trendy" anymore and the brand willeventually go back to the people that love it for what it has represented in the past. BECAUSE IT SUCKS NOW!

Yes they did sell out!! and disappointingly so too.... these new retros look cool but the quality is so poor .... a real downer for buyers that reallyrespected the brand in its hay-day....
tired.gif

Originally Posted by KRaphael92

Jordan Boycott! Who's with me

I've been boycotting Retros for the last two years. Was happy enough with the way the XX3 turned out.

they did sell out cuse the quality is terabile and the new shoe concepts are garbage

Originally Posted by Pig Love

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

no I'm happy with the current retros, they would ruin the OG legacy if the produced the colorways that u all want... Stop crying and buy the OGs!!!

Thank you 410, it's nice to see someone with some sense writing posts in here.

HAhaha! Your seriously happy with the retros lol! You two need sense!

JB sold out a long time ago but we the suckas keep on buying them. I am done in December. Then all my focus is on buying a porsche

honestly they're a business. If you really honestly want to look at it..then JB sold out whenever they decided to re release things, and not staying trueto the originals, instead of just focusing purely on creating innovative stuff. I mean look at Chevy for an example. How many times did they re release the 69Camaro z28? It's understandable that you have to do certain things to make sales as a company. But when you rely so much on your past to support yourfuture as a company..then how long before people stop caring about your company and it's products? I actually liked the idea of hybrids when the Dubsreleased..but all this is OD foreal.

Originally Posted by 410FRESH

no I'm happy with the current retros, they would ruin the OG legacy if the produced the colorways that u all want... Stop crying and buy the OGs!!!
Its not that easy kid. If i am lucky enough to get a pair of White cement IIIs for 300$ - whats the chances that DS they will be wearable for 3-5years.

0% chance.

So if JB retros the White cement III, I can buy it for 150$, and wear it for 3 years.
I mean the cement 3s this weekend is a sucess, EXCEPT for the fact you have to buy some POS shoe along with it.

Thank you.

how can a business "sell out" in the context you speak of?

you mean, a business is doing something to get money?
is that not the very definition of a business?

In Driven from within there's a story about how Jordan took apart a friend's Pumas to see how they were made.

No. Jordan grabbed a knife from the kitchen and proceeded to destroy the shoes on purpose because they weren't Nike. He did not want someone closestraddling the fence on loyalty.

Yes.

To me Jordan Brand doesn't really cater to people who have been wearing Jordans for years, their target is teens and people in their early 20's whichworks for them obviously but it's things like that that have us complaining about things like fusions, no Nike Air, different shapes in shoes and in somecases different shades of color.

You can say that countdown packs are for people for people that have been wearing Jordans for years, but putting a very desireable shoe with one you don'twant isn't catering but eh.

Yes, It shows in the quality of the shoes. Not only is the quality bad but they made the kix more expensive.

They did sell out.

Quality is horrible.

What makes OGs so amazing is the attention to detail, the quailty, the legacy, the materials (boxes & tissue paper even).

...that has ALL been thrown out. Now we have poor quality, untrue shapes/molds, etc.

Wouldn't it be cool if they came out with retros that were made in the same colors, materials, shapes/molds as the OGs??

Maybe throw in a special Jordan retro box, only for retro Jordans. Kind of like the '94 AJ 1,2,3 box??

Seriously... Why not?? IT HAS BECOME ALLLL ABOUT $$$ SADLY.

Originally Posted by DsLee559

honestly they're a business. If you really honestly want to look at it..then JB sold out whenever they decided to re release things, and not staying true to the originals, instead of just focusing purely on creating innovative stuff. I mean look at Chevy for an example. How many times did they re release the 69 Camaro z28? It's understandable that you have to do certain things to make sales as a company. But when you rely so much on your past to support your future as a company..then how long before people stop caring about your company and it's products? I actually liked the idea of hybrids when the Dubs released..but all this is OD foreal.
This makes SO much sense! Yes! Thank you.

Very true. Wise words DsLee559.

Back
Top Bottom