Do you think the XIs are overrated?

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

Originally Posted by penny4prezident

Originally Posted by nflowshoe

I know most of the retros that come out changed in some way or another........ But the way they changed the shape of the jordan XI and lowered the patent leather cut and changed the material
grin.gif
 ruin the Jordan XI for me. Just like a couple of yall I was lucky to have the Originals and 2001 retroes
pimp.gif
, I remember waiting in line going home and trying on the CDP XI and feeling
mad.gif

I have to say the Jordan XI is overrated, If your a NBA player and you are at the top of your game in 1995 and in 2011 your body is falling apart and your not putting up the same numbers you were in 95 but got more hype in 2011 than in 95 and still starting in the allstar game that year I would have to say OVERATED.............

If none of the latest XI's came out I wouldnt believe they are overated but minus the history behind the XI's how can you guys really think the 2010 cool grey XI is the greatest shoe of all time?
tired.gif
The middle part sounds like a jab at KB24, if it is you're going to have a problem
mad.gif
!!

naw wasn't talking about kobe, we all know he is resting his body for the postseason 
wink.gif

I was trying to say that the 2009-11 jordan XI is like jordan when he was with the wizards.

I got you, and very true. The "new" XI get more hype but are made not even half as durable
mad.gif
, JB knows how to get that $
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Is it me or do most of the dudes in this thread sound like 14 year old hypebeasts?
couldn't agree with you more. i felt like i was the oldest person waiting in line waiting for the cool grey xi's and i probably was (34 by the way, so i've been around). majority of people waiting to buy them were late teens to early 20's who had no clue why they like the shoes, just wanted them because everyone else did. still like the xi's, but only my 4th favorite jordan, after the vi's, iv's, and iii's. just my preference and that's what makes all of us different. wouldn't want everyone to agree with me, then it makes for boring conversation.

This. 
I just ordered a pair from a fellow Nter for my nephew. When I asked my nephew why he wanted them he said, "Cause they're cool, everyone has them." 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Is it me or do most of the dudes in this thread sound like 14 year old hypebeasts?
couldn't agree with you more. i felt like i was the oldest person waiting in line waiting for the cool grey xi's and i probably was (34 by the way, so i've been around). majority of people waiting to buy them were late teens to early 20's who had no clue why they like the shoes, just wanted them because everyone else did. still like the xi's, but only my 4th favorite jordan, after the vi's, iv's, and iii's. just my preference and that's what makes all of us different. wouldn't want everyone to agree with me, then it makes for boring conversation.

This. 
I just ordered a pair from a fellow Nter for my nephew. When I asked my nephew why he wanted them he said, "Cause they're cool, everyone has them." 
indifferent.gif

You may look at it as overrated, but it may be from a performance stand point. But it's true value- the controversy, the initial popularity, the design/style of the shoe, is unparalleled IMO. Not to mention, MJ's first full year back with a 72-10 record and another championship. It was a good year. 
But in a way that makes them overrated to some is the fact that the bandwagon jumpers and hypebeasts beast for them without knowing anything about the shoe, the history, the style. It's all because they were popular then and now, so they decide to cop em for the sake of copping. 

Personally, I have them because they ARE one of my favorite shoes. Along with the 3s, 5s, and 13s. For me its preference. But the reason for others and the hype for them, makes them somewhat overrated. 

You may look at it as overrated, but it may be from a performance stand point. But it's true value- the controversy, the initial popularity, the design/style of the shoe, is unparalleled IMO. Not to mention, MJ's first full year back with a 72-10 record and another championship. It was a good year. 
But in a way that makes them overrated to some is the fact that the bandwagon jumpers and hypebeasts beast for them without knowing anything about the shoe, the history, the style. It's all because they were popular then and now, so they decide to cop em for the sake of copping. 

Personally, I have them because they ARE one of my favorite shoes. Along with the 3s, 5s, and 13s. For me its preference. But the reason for others and the hype for them, makes them somewhat overrated. 

I found this shoe extremely ugly when i first set eyes on these in 95'. i was in 5th or 6th grade and a bunch of kids in my school were acting like a bunch of feens for the new jordans,@ the time i didnt care,but i did know who Michael Jordan was. Everyone did,but i mean i did love basketball. So as i gradually gained knowlegde about basketball,knew it was around much longer that mike was around,became my sport. The XI's were pretty contraversal,they def turned heads in the neighborhood,but not in a good way 
sick.gif
  I guess over the years, at the end they just grew on me. That patten leather was something unlike anyones ever seen on a pair of sneakers. Flashy,glissining patten leather,not to metion carbon fiber,which i didnt have a clue nor did anyone who bought those shoes at the time knew about. Def ahead of its time. Now a days,its all hype.Half the people who buy the XI,dont even know what the shoe is about. Half of them werent even born , Its expected though . Overrated? problaby.Appriciated...def,but not in the right way.

I found this shoe extremely ugly when i first set eyes on these in 95'. i was in 5th or 6th grade and a bunch of kids in my school were acting like a bunch of feens for the new jordans,@ the time i didnt care,but i did know who Michael Jordan was. Everyone did,but i mean i did love basketball. So as i gradually gained knowlegde about basketball,knew it was around much longer that mike was around,became my sport. The XI's were pretty contraversal,they def turned heads in the neighborhood,but not in a good way 
sick.gif
  I guess over the years, at the end they just grew on me. That patten leather was something unlike anyones ever seen on a pair of sneakers. Flashy,glissining patten leather,not to metion carbon fiber,which i didnt have a clue nor did anyone who bought those shoes at the time knew about. Def ahead of its time. Now a days,its all hype.Half the people who buy the XI,dont even know what the shoe is about. Half of them werent even born , Its expected though . Overrated? problaby.Appriciated...def,but not in the right way.

i really think the XI's have stood the test of time....

Hence 15 years or so after release they are still sough after by many. I am fortunate enough to have a pair of OG BRED XI's , purchased them for $260.00 Australian dollars back in 1996 ! (thats about $265 USD on current conversion) They are still almost brand new condition and i do wear them about once a month. As time gone on, i have grown to appreciate them and they are a head turning shoe ! I remember seeing the Newspaper headline with the Bulls winning the championship and MJ lying on the court hugging the ball wearing these shoes ! Good times
wink.gif

i really think the XI's have stood the test of time....

Hence 15 years or so after release they are still sough after by many. I am fortunate enough to have a pair of OG BRED XI's , purchased them for $260.00 Australian dollars back in 1996 ! (thats about $265 USD on current conversion) They are still almost brand new condition and i do wear them about once a month. As time gone on, i have grown to appreciate them and they are a head turning shoe ! I remember seeing the Newspaper headline with the Bulls winning the championship and MJ lying on the court hugging the ball wearing these shoes ! Good times
wink.gif

Originally Posted by babyJs23

These are the most well put together shoe ever It's a mutual shoe that can be worn on the court, on Formal occasions, casually, and any other way you want.

No other Jordan shoe ever has as much hype, as many people camping out , as many fights , as many new and old collectors waiting on this shoe to release , as many resellers counting down the days until they buy them just to sell them at the most ridiculous prices as the Jordan 11's! And as many people say it is overrated or overhyped, which they could be, you "WILL" still see them in line waiting for them to drop , counting down to the very last second online until they can try to order as many as they can , or bribing their hook-ups to hold them a pair. But that's just my opinion

You should post like that in the General Section and tell me what happens...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Eat son alive.

Originally Posted by babyJs23

These are the most well put together shoe ever It's a mutual shoe that can be worn on the court, on Formal occasions, casually, and any other way you want.

No other Jordan shoe ever has as much hype, as many people camping out , as many fights , as many new and old collectors waiting on this shoe to release , as many resellers counting down the days until they buy them just to sell them at the most ridiculous prices as the Jordan 11's! And as many people say it is overrated or overhyped, which they could be, you "WILL" still see them in line waiting for them to drop , counting down to the very last second online until they can try to order as many as they can , or bribing their hook-ups to hold them a pair. But that's just my opinion

You should post like that in the General Section and tell me what happens...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Eat son alive.

Originally Posted by KillerMike

XI's along with XIII'S are my favorite. 2010/2011 was and will be good years for both.
Werrrd......now if JB decides to retro the XI BRED's next year I'd have a monstrous sh*t eating grin on my face!!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KillerMike

XI's along with XIII'S are my favorite. 2010/2011 was and will be good years for both.
Werrrd......now if JB decides to retro the XI BRED's next year I'd have a monstrous sh*t eating grin on my face!!
laugh.gif

^how many opportunities do you need to cop the black/reds? they released 2 years ago, where were you?

^how many opportunities do you need to cop the black/reds? they released 2 years ago, where were you?

Nope, carolina mids changed the game when they were released back in 96, along with the black/red mids, and then the lows= CLASSICS

This morning I was just amazed at how good my black/red mids from 01 look before I put them on!

Recent retros ehh im not a fan that jumpman on the left show really bothers me!

Nope, carolina mids changed the game when they were released back in 96, along with the black/red mids, and then the lows= CLASSICS

This morning I was just amazed at how good my black/red mids from 01 look before I put them on!

Recent retros ehh im not a fan that jumpman on the left show really bothers me!

Back
Top Bottom