Do you think the XIs are overrated?

How can a shoe be overrated? They don't have stats that we can compare their hype with. Alot of people like them and will pay crazy prices. The end.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

da III's were da first jordans wit a jumpman on em...not overated.

XI's i was around and remember when they went 72-10 and slaughtered da league with those on....DEFINITELY not

overated.
The AJ1 were the first Jordans EVER. Does that make them any higher than the III's? Not in anyone's eyes.
The AJ VI were Jordans first championship shoe. That makes them better too right? Not in anyone's eyes.

Just because a show is the first at something, that doesn't justify anything about them.

The III's are just overhyped in my eyes. Always have been

XI's i was around and remember when they went 72-10 and slaughtered da league with those on....DEFINITELY not

overated.
The AJ1 were the first Jordans EVER. Does that make them any higher than the III's? Not in anyone's eyes.
The AJ VI were Jordans first championship shoe. That makes them better too right? Not in anyone's eyes.

Just because a show is the first at something, that doesn't justify anything about them.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yeah, I think they're nice and all, but I certainly don't think that one should have to go through so much trouble like camp out just to be able to cop or pay $300 on eBay for a pair.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

Definitely not overrated, 'coz it is one of the most iconic signature Jordan body of all time! It definitely brought JB to the next level of hype.
It's one of my top 3 favorite body in Jordan line.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Yeah, I think they're nice and all, but I certainly don't think that one should have to go through so much trouble like camp out just to be able to cop or pay $300 on eBay for a pair.

What do you guys think? Discuss.

Definitely not overrated, 'coz it is one of the most iconic signature Jordan body of all time! It definitely brought JB to the next level of hype.
It's one of my top 3 favorite body in Jordan line.

I don't think they are overrated, just overpriced.
laugh.gif

I remember the love/hate people had for the XIs when they originally released.
People either loved them or thought they were just hideous!
I love almost all the Jordans I- XIV but i have a special attatchment to the III-VIII.
It has alot to do with when I got into kicks as a kid.
I was mad at Jordan for retiring when the X's dropped and amped up all over again
when the XIs dropped. Every shoe holds a different meaning to everyone.
To the people in my age group, or to anyone who actually watched the man play.....
the XIs are far from overrated more nostalgic if anything.

I love almost all the Jordans I- XIV but i have a special attatchment to the III-VIII.
I was mad at Jordan for retiring when the X's dropped and amped up all over again
To the people in my age group, or to anyone who actually watched the man play.....

Originally Posted by kopNkicks

Agreed.  I remember seeing the commercial on tv, and for a couple of seconds they zoomed in on the shoes. I was like
eek.gif

Agreed.  I remember seeing the commercial on tv, and for a couple of seconds they zoomed in on the shoes. I was like
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

every shoe has this love hate thing why break the 11's balls? why not 12s or 13s or 14s or... you get the picture

every shoe has this love hate thing why break the 11's balls? why not 12s or 13s or 14s or... you get the picture

^^^^ I'm just stating how I remember the release as a kid growing up in Jamaica Queens.
While some people could careless about the XIs when they first released other
Kids were wearing the Concord XIs with tuxedos to prom Lol. I'm not singling out the XIs
on the love/hate tip, I just find it funny how times have changed and now there is
mass hysteria everytime XIs drop. It wasn't like this when the OGs dropped.

^^^^ I'm just stating how I remember the release as a kid growing up in Jamaica Queens.
While some people could careless about the XIs when they first released other
Kids were wearing the Concord XIs with tuxedos to prom Lol. I'm not singling out the XIs
on the love/hate tip, I just find it funny how times have changed and now there is
mass hysteria everytime XIs drop. It wasn't like this when the OGs dropped.

I look at the quality of the 01's and feel like the Hype is justified. I look at the quality of the recent XI's and I feel they are overrated.

I look at the quality of the 01's and feel like the Hype is justified. I look at the quality of the recent XI's and I feel they are overrated.

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Anything that's not OG is not being true to the game. The XI will never be overrated, and to me retros=shoes made for pu$$y chaser
roll.gif
, sorry to tell.

Step your game up son
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sosmoove

Anything that's not OG is not being true to the game. The XI will never be overrated, and to me retros=shoes made for pu$$y chaser
roll.gif
, sorry to tell.

Step your game up son
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

overated.

da III's are da reason jordan even stayed on Nike...they're are just to historically significant to NOT be anything but appreciated.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

overated.

da III's are da reason jordan even stayed on Nike...they're are just to historically significant to NOT be anything but appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom