Does it look bad to use a coupon for a first date?

as a man that goes after yambs on the dialy...

i'm gonna agree w/ steezy, (although i am not converting to steezism)

i think this question has been asked but i have to ask again...

why in the HELL are you going to red lobster.... on a first date?

like... so much wrong with that. primarily b/c of the Red Lobster's symbolism...

brah... please do not take a chick you just met to red lobster... then try to use a damb coupon...

I seriously think some of yall are trollin cuz that is the wackest weakest dumbest nonsense i'v ever heard...

pullin out a coupon on the first date AT RED LOBSTER? lmaoooooo..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
You can easily use it without her knowing about it. Just walk the check up to the cashiers stand instead of leaving it on the table.

Only to have them walk up to the table to tell you that the coupon isn't valid on Thursday nights? No thanks bro

Why NOT use a coupon if you can? Paying full price when you don't have to is impressive? Nah.

It should already be established anyway that we aren't going out so I can show her how much I can spend. :smh:

paying full price is not impressive at all, whens the last time anyone went on a date and blew a girl out the water when they covered the bill?....pulling out a coupon may have worked for you and im happy, but if i like someone i wouldnt risk it, its pointless.....she may open up, but more than likely chances are she wont give you a second date and you cant really blame her, same way i wouldnt call a girl back for a second date if she all of a sudden starts burping, maybe thats who she is, shes a burper, but i wouldnt expect her to let that out on a first date, i wouldnt feel like "oh **** this girl is real, she must be feeling me" i would feel like she has no manners and could careless about the way i view her.

Not impressive at all being cheap

Last edited:
paying full price is not impressive at all, whens the last time anyone went on a date and blew a girl out the water when they covered the bill?....pulling out a coupon may have worked for you and im happy, but if i like someone i wouldnt risk it, its pointless.....she may open up, but more than likely chances are she wont give you a second date and you cant really blame her, same way i wouldnt call a girl back for a second date if she all of a sudden starts burping, maybe thats who she is, shes a burper, but i wouldnt expect her to let that out on a first date, i wouldnt feel like "oh **** this girl is real, she must be feeling me" i would feel like she has no manners and could careless about the way i view her.
laugh.gif
That's a different comfort level but I see what you're saying.

you just have to use your judgement, if my goal is to make someone feel special, i have no problems going the extra steps, why not?...does it hurt me to do so?...nope...pulling out a coupon is not my way to make someone feel special, hence id use it on a random date with my wife, why not we saving money, but would i use a groupon on our anniversary dinner or say her birthday?...NO I WOULDNT and i guess thats same principle i go by on a first date with someone i dont know but i obviously have an attraction for enough to ask out.....you guys are calling this "simping" and this is the mentality i cant rock with.....in this forum it feels like if you do anything more civil that WIO you are automatically a simp.
See with me i would... hell i got a gift for my mom for xmas on bf discount...(comparing with using groupons) and i have no shame... she wanted something i saw a deal, and could get it less, so i did.

And as far as the groupon thing what would happen if u did save money and took ur wife out to dinner? would she view u/judge u any different? Would she be less appreciative, act different because u used a groupon because of it? I would hope not... So that leaves its u i guess just being you, trying to impress prove a point and stroke ur ego.

I wouldnt say its simping because its ur wife. But i would think why is he spending extra money he doesnt have to on somehow who doesnt care how much he spent... just to say hey i spent it. See u keep saying u, i dont feel etc... which goes back to a personal issue, ego stroking. Again just because u do it i wouldnt say its being simpiesh... and just how u saying its being cheap on others dont mean they being cheap etc...

Some ppl dont feel like spending unneccesary money to boost their ego, etc... is important, or care to prove a point to a chick by doing so.. you do.. Different strokes/different folks

See with me i would... hell i got a gift for my mom for xmas on bf discount...(comparing with using groupons) and i have no shame... she wanted something i saw a deal, and could get it less, so i did.

And as far as the groupon thing what would happen if u did save money and took ur wife out to dinner? would she view u/judge u any different? Would she be less appreciative, act different because u used a groupon because of it? I would hope not... So that leaves its u i guess just being you, trying to impress prove a point and stroke ur ego.

I wouldnt say its simping because its ur wife. But i would think why is he spending extra money he doesnt have to on somehow who doesnt care how much he spent... just to say hey i spent it. See u keep saying u, i dont feel etc... which goes back to a personal issue, ego stroking. Again just because u do it i wouldnt say its being simpiesh... and just how u saying its being cheap on others dont mean they being cheap etc...

Some ppl dont feel like spending unneccesary money to boost their ego, etc... is important, or care to prove a point to a chick by doing so.. you do.. Different strokes/different folks

It's not about an ego boost bro...it's about doing something special for someone you care for or in the case of a first date someone you want to get to know...pulling that coupon stunt will more than likely ruin your chances of a second date...thats the hard truth, so why do it?...you say don't spend money when you don't have to, I say don't take her on a dinner date in te first place....you keep thinking is about me and how I would feel, when is the complete opposite, is about the other person and how they may feel...once again plenty of things you can do that don't involve money, hell you can even cook her dinner yourself, but if a restaurant is what you chose, WHY pull out a coupon on a first date, just seems completely unesessary :lol:

Once again, this is not about ones ego...lets get that straight....for starters paying for someone I invite out male or female does nothing for my ego, I invited them out, I'm paying, period...is not about showing off....if I wanted to show off there are plenty of more ways to get creative than a damb dinner...specially one at Red Lobster...who are we fooling?

All I can think of is the scene from the Barbershop when Dinka was gassed about taking homegirl to red lobster...

Don't be a Dinka....

why treat that certain person to a place you cannot afford?

yes, if you use a coupon, YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO GO THERE.

Not sure if you guys are just putting the pus**y on a pedestal or red lobster's food really is trash.

why treat that certain person to a place you cannot afford?

yes, if you use a coupon, YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO GO THERE.

Not true, I'm sure they can afford it, which IMO is even worst :lol: is something they have control over, can use it whenever and they feel the perfect time to pull out a coupon is on a first date, like I said I hope they are just as forgiving should homegirl decide to start burping, since that's who she is and she isn't trying to set up some image se won't be able to upkeep.

brah...

Wife =\= first date

Momb =\= first date...

You copped a gift for t-lady on BF ...

Everybody did that. :lol:

But pulling out a coupon on the first date is a no no... cut and dry...

Regardless of how you feel about it... dat ain't a good look...

When keeping it real goes wrong

I didn't read this whole thing but depending on the place you could just play it like you've never been before and want to try it out and you happen to come across a coupon and wanted to know if she wanted to try the spot too.

Doubt that would work at Red Lobster but maybe some other non chain type spot.

Hell I'd have no problem pulling out a groupon on a date especially if its some where i've never been. Just make it your first time experiencing something together. Makes it more special.

I didn't read this whole thing but depending on the place you could just play it like you've never been before and want to try it out and you happen to come across a coupon and wanted to know if she wanted to try the spot too.
Doubt that would work at Red Lobster but maybe some other non chain type spot.
Hell I'd have no problem pulling out a groupon on a date especially if its some where i've never been. Just make it your first time experiencing something together. Makes it more special.

its all about making it special, i get that...you are a girl, does pulling out a coupon when the bill arrives on your first date with a dude at red lobster makes the date special??...would you truly be blown away by the gesture and be intrigued to take it further?....wish more females would chime in...lol

its all about making it special, i get that...you are a girl, does pulling out a coupon when the bill arrives on your first date with a dude at red lobster makes the date special??...would you truly be blown away by the gesture and be intrigued to take it further?....wish more females would chime in...lol

there's nothing special about RL

if he gives me the option i'm not picking red lobster. when i was younger i probably wouldn't have tripped off RL and i wouldn't really TRIP now but i'd probably roll my eyes and talk **** to my bff about going to RL when the date was over...

I think now guys should be a little better at picking places to eat and chain restaurants aren't out of the question but there's more than likely something better out there w/seafood

hell i'd rather eat outside at the Wharf here in DC than RL

i'd be more bothered we were at RL than the fact he used a coupon...

if OP is younger I can understand going to RL. I can't see myself caring much about a coupon at any spot.

there's nothing special about RL
if he gives me the option i'm not picking red lobster. when i was younger i probably wouldn't have tripped off RL and i wouldn't really TRIP now but i'd probably roll my eyes and talk **** to my bff about going to RL when the date was over...
I think now guys should be a little better at picking places to eat and chain restaurants aren't out of the question but there's more than likely something better out there w/seafood
hell i'd rather eat outside at the Wharf here in DC than RL
i'd be more bothered we were at RL than the fact he used a coupon...
if OP is younger I can understand going to RL. I can't see myself caring much about a coupon at any spot.

so it wouldnt bother you that he pulls out a buy one meal get the second free coupon on your first date?

It's not about an ego boost bro...it's about doing something special for someone you care for or in the case of a first date someone you want to get to know...pulling that coupon stunt will more than likely ruin your chances of a second date...thats the hard truth, so why do it?...you say don't spend money when you don't have to, I say don't take her on a dinner date in te first place....you keep thinking is about me and how I would feel, when is the complete opposite, is about the other person and how they may feel...once again plenty of things you can do that don't involve money, hell you can even cook her dinner yourself, but if a restaurant is what you chose, WHY pull out a coupon on a first date, just seems completely unesessary
laugh.gif
But it is a ego thing cause a coupon doesnt change what you did... Like example my girl wanted a new phone so i got her the iphone 5, i got it thru my mom free upgrade ay a discount price... whether i paid 699 or the 299 doesnt change the gesture i did... nor what i got her. Its not like the fact that i got it discounted devalued the product, nor the setiments behind it... You saying something like ur wife wanting to go to a 5 star restuarant for yall anniversary and u get a deal makes it lets special... But to who... Are you saying she would be like or feel it isnt special because you got a deal?Or saying she would say it really isnt nice cause you got a deal on the meal? No and im sure all she cares...well id least she would only care that you was thoughtful enough that you remembered tje anniversary and that you took her to said 5 star restuarant. So if she doesnt caare and it makes her no difference then who is it less special to then?

That sir would be you. If its two ppl, and if your saying it would be less special to her.. and you arent doing it for her, then the only person left is you. Thus it makes you feel it isnt special, or feel that you made the moment lets special... thus its your deal... and ego booster, or some sort of self fullfilling props atta boy, or some i am a real man, try to maintain some image or something...

If its the thought that count how can that thought your feelings or intent be changed in reference to doing soething for someone based on how much you saved on it.

It be like if your wife said i wanted to go on a cruise and u suprised her with one on yall anniversary/her bday... How would it make it any less special if you got the tickets discounted, won them, or a friend had them and couldnt go and gace them to you? Are you saying her feelings about said trip or about you would change depending on how you got the tickets and/or how much you paid for them... Would the trip have anymore/less feelings because of it? In terms of her emotions and thoughts?

probably not cuz i'm not offering to pay for anything on a first date anyways so save as much money as you can. :lol:

you keep rewording your questions to put the coupon in the worst light possible, and hear the answer that NO ONE is giving you but the one you want to hear.

a coupon is not about feeling special or anything of the sort. a coupon saves money and thats all it does.

what the **** is this feeling special nonsense you're going with anyway.

the point of a first date is to LEARN. shouldn't matter how much you save or don't save. spend or don't spend.

what makes the date special is suppose to be the conversation and connection not even the plate in front of you.

"

Back
Top Bottom