Does Jordan even play basketball any more?

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Originally Posted by Jimmy Blanco1983

Televised pick up game?
ok in the basketball world who wouldnt watch that and if he played decent in hot purple jordans who isnt gonna want them. get my drift.
No
grin.gif

I understand that, but not if the GR them... plus that is bringing jordan down to a new level. We just saw pictures of him the in the AJ alpha ones, that lighter blue colorway that they just did all the shoes in and they aren't worth anything and no one hopped on them. yes i understand that they are not a sig shoe but they are one of his bigger basketball pieces over the last year. any one got the pic of the shoe i'm talking about?

I thought the 2010s we're fire. They'll keep growing on people I think, if not I still enjoy them

I thought the 2010s we're fire. They'll keep growing on people I think, if not I still enjoy them

imo it isnt the fact that jordan isnt playing anymore thats affecting the sig shoes, its the fact that the CWs are ugly and the actual style of the shoe is hideous...And not only that when you look at the retros that recently dropped the past 2 years, the material and quality of the shoes have been terrible...A lot of people have turned away from JB because their spending $150+ for terrible quality shoes that start falling apart or yellowing shortly after buying them. Now a days it seems like JB only makes limited or QS (i.e. bin23s spacejams etc) shoes with good quality which is BS, if we are paying top dollar for the shoes we should be getting superior quality each time, but sadly thats not the case

imo it isnt the fact that jordan isnt playing anymore thats affecting the sig shoes, its the fact that the CWs are ugly and the actual style of the shoe is hideous...And not only that when you look at the retros that recently dropped the past 2 years, the material and quality of the shoes have been terrible...A lot of people have turned away from JB because their spending $150+ for terrible quality shoes that start falling apart or yellowing shortly after buying them. Now a days it seems like JB only makes limited or QS (i.e. bin23s spacejams etc) shoes with good quality which is BS, if we are paying top dollar for the shoes we should be getting superior quality each time, but sadly thats not the case

CWs are ugly and the actual style of the shoe is hideous
exactly!

I wouldn't mind the 2011 being made available on NikeID.  Since the sig line is already going down the toilet design-wise, this would at least allow us to create colorways we'd find palatable.  Give us a decent design and let us ID it for $170-$190.

CWs are ugly and the actual style of the shoe is hideous
exactly!

I wouldn't mind the 2011 being made available on NikeID.  Since the sig line is already going down the toilet design-wise, this would at least allow us to create colorways we'd find palatable.  Give us a decent design and let us ID it for $170-$190.

Originally Posted by dabasement2010

Well said.

Originally Posted by dabasement2010

Well said.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

When you say ''low sales" i hope you are just referring to the latest sig models and bot the brand as a whole. Their sales are ridiculously high and they are a billion dollar company so you must not know what you are talking about. You think showing him playing a pick up game will sell more shoes? Ha, that's funny. As for it being ''too late for those guys" that's pretty funny considering wade and carmelo are two of the top players in the nba.

/thread

you are really not as correct as you would make yourself seem, if you tear into NIKE's financial statements and look at the JB brand specifically its easy to see declining sales and downward trends, Nike themselves have been feeling this (evident in their price per share and market value). You will see a ton of new advertisements this year (both from JB & Nike respectively)
JB brand quality has decreased substantially, most affirm this, perhaps you should be up on your financial's before trying to get at somebody on a forum

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

When you say ''low sales" i hope you are just referring to the latest sig models and bot the brand as a whole. Their sales are ridiculously high and they are a billion dollar company so you must not know what you are talking about. You think showing him playing a pick up game will sell more shoes? Ha, that's funny. As for it being ''too late for those guys" that's pretty funny considering wade and carmelo are two of the top players in the nba.

/thread

you are really not as correct as you would make yourself seem, if you tear into NIKE's financial statements and look at the JB brand specifically its easy to see declining sales and downward trends, Nike themselves have been feeling this (evident in their price per share and market value). You will see a ton of new advertisements this year (both from JB & Nike respectively)
JB brand quality has decreased substantially, most affirm this, perhaps you should be up on your financial's before trying to get at somebody on a forum

Originally Posted by AlexF

Probably on one of his 2398574826 indoor courts

good call, i'm sure he does shoot from time to time but i don't think you understood the reason for this question

good call, i'm sure he does shoot from time to time but i don't think you understood the reason for this question

Originally Posted by king0033

o ok i see now lol but yea i think its time for JB to bring a sneakerhead into design HQ 
btw i doubt MJ makes too many decisions on the sneakers first-hand anymore

Originally Posted by king0033

o ok i see now lol but yea i think its time for JB to bring a sneakerhead into design HQ 
btw i doubt MJ makes too many decisions on the sneakers first-hand anymore

Back
Top Bottom