Does the Bay Area make the worst music in hip hop?

I don't appreciate any of the music from out here simply because it doesn't appeal to me. I can't take any of it serious with the exception of Hiero & Zion I. I will listen to the occasional Jacka or Husalah song though. Still the whole sound is played out IMHO, you have so many people pop up that try to replicate everything. Ignorance breeds ignorance I guess.

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

illniche22 wrote:
another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

are you serious?? 40, Too Short, San Quinn, Jacka, and almost every other bay rapper put people on non stop. Thats how it works here and that's how its always been, no ones being put on to the mainstream so its all through co-signs and help from the vets. E-40 put Turf Talk and Cousin Fik on the map, Jacka put on Stalin and Joe Blow, Too Short put on The Pack, Hiero put on Young Gully, Fab put on Roach Gigz and so on and so on. Stop talking out your ##! you just mad that no one is trying to put you on

First of all ..pull the thong out your @ss its not that serious g ..second if you did your homework instead of getting booty tickled because someone is stating an OPINION you would know that most of the cats that get so called "put on" dont really get put on.. but it dont matter ill give you that even though they are just a bunch of relatives or homies of these guys..answer this besides e40 and too short how do you put someone on if you arent on to begin with? ...and it still dont excuse the fact that any of them have yet to make any major moves outside of the region besides lil b and kreayshawn which btw moved to L.A to make it...which is a shame and fyi I'm not mad noone is putting me on
laugh.gif
 ..i know a few of these dudes personally so if i wanted to i could easily get a cosign  honestly its not really that important to me because I'd rather make it on my own opposed to even having my craft associated with some of these guys ...that your slurping so tough btw ...so calm down and move away from this lost cause... people will still put the bay in the trash can when it comes to music unless someone with a totally diffrent style and image comes along..

Originally Posted by maxb7ty

illniche22 wrote:
another reason too is the same cats people are naming like e-40, too short, messy marv never make way or help to support new talent... jus sayin

are you serious?? 40, Too Short, San Quinn, Jacka, and almost every other bay rapper put people on non stop. Thats how it works here and that's how its always been, no ones being put on to the mainstream so its all through co-signs and help from the vets. E-40 put Turf Talk and Cousin Fik on the map, Jacka put on Stalin and Joe Blow, Too Short put on The Pack, Hiero put on Young Gully, Fab put on Roach Gigz and so on and so on. Stop talking out your ##! you just mad that no one is trying to put you on

First of all ..pull the thong out your @ss its not that serious g ..second if you did your homework instead of getting booty tickled because someone is stating an OPINION you would know that most of the cats that get so called "put on" dont really get put on.. but it dont matter ill give you that even though they are just a bunch of relatives or homies of these guys..answer this besides e40 and too short how do you put someone on if you arent on to begin with? ...and it still dont excuse the fact that any of them have yet to make any major moves outside of the region besides lil b and kreayshawn which btw moved to L.A to make it...which is a shame and fyi I'm not mad noone is putting me on
laugh.gif
 ..i know a few of these dudes personally so if i wanted to i could easily get a cosign  honestly its not really that important to me because I'd rather make it on my own opposed to even having my craft associated with some of these guys ...that your slurping so tough btw ...so calm down and move away from this lost cause... people will still put the bay in the trash can when it comes to music unless someone with a totally diffrent style and image comes along..

another thing...it seems that Erk and Neo are some of the few that really get the hint that the world is bigger than a Bay Area city block ...The Team had the potential but well you know where that went... J Stalin and The Jacka can do it ..they just need to be more versatile imo

another thing...it seems that Erk and Neo are some of the few that really get the hint that the world is bigger than a Bay Area city block ...The Team had the potential but well you know where that went... J Stalin and The Jacka can do it ..they just need to be more versatile imo

Originally Posted by illniche22

This mentality exists everywhere but it seems that its more prevalent in the Bay. At least when the South was bubbling to where it is now, dudes who were strictly about their block were at least getting some airtime in other states and in major markets. Was it just that they were marketable and their music more versatile compared to some dudes out of the Bay?

BTW, there's a lot of angry people in this thread. People %*%@ on NY hip hop all the time but I don't take it nearly as personal as some of you are doing right now.

Oh, radio play = good music. Got it.

Exits thread.

Where did I say that? Pick up some reading comprehension skills. There was a lot of garbage on the radio but it was on the radio. Why can't people from the Bay do that even if it involves pay for play of which Kreayshawn and her label are doing a lot of.

Originally Posted by illniche22

This mentality exists everywhere but it seems that its more prevalent in the Bay. At least when the South was bubbling to where it is now, dudes who were strictly about their block were at least getting some airtime in other states and in major markets. Was it just that they were marketable and their music more versatile compared to some dudes out of the Bay?

BTW, there's a lot of angry people in this thread. People %*%@ on NY hip hop all the time but I don't take it nearly as personal as some of you are doing right now.

Exits thread.

Where did I say that? Pick up some reading comprehension skills. There was a lot of garbage on the radio but it was on the radio. Why can't people from the Bay do that even if it involves pay for play of which Kreayshawn and her label are doing a lot of.

Originally Posted by Furrell

At least when the South was bubbling to where it is now, dudes who were strictly about their block were at least getting some airtime in other states and in major markets. Was it just that they were marketable and their music more versatile compared to some dudes out of the Bay?

Exits thread.

At least when the South was bubbling to where it is now, dudes who were strictly about their block were at least getting some airtime in other states and in major markets. Was it just that they were marketable and their music more versatile compared to some dudes out of the Bay?

Exits thread.

Exits thread.

So why even bring up the radio?
eyes.gif
Radio music from the Bay = mostly garbage. Radio music from the South = almost all garbage. Radio music from NY =
roll.gif

Exits thread.

So why even bring up the radio?
eyes.gif
Radio music from the Bay = mostly garbage. Radio music from the South = almost all garbage. Radio music from NY =
roll.gif

these %%!%%% in here will never ever feel music from a Bay Area rapper. on everything.

stuck on their on regions' music, oh well

these %%!%%% in here will never ever feel music from a Bay Area rapper. on everything.

stuck on their on regions' music, oh well

EL OH EL!

Make a this same thread regarding NY and East Coasters will go in there up in arms.
Any city will try to defend their own, so this doesn't just apply to the Bay.
Stop trying to come off as the bigger person, when everybody knows how butt hurt you guys get (assuming you're form NY) whenever anybody says anything about ya'll artists.

EL OH EL!

Make a this same thread regarding NY and East Coasters will go in there up in arms.
Any city will try to defend their own, so this doesn't just apply to the Bay.
Stop trying to come off as the bigger person, when everybody knows how butt hurt you guys get (assuming you're form NY) whenever anybody says anything about ya'll artists.

I'm from the bay, but I barely listen to any bay area artists other than a few (The Jacka, The Team, some e40, J. Stalin, etc.). But I think after we get a little more diversity in the rap game, we'll be fine. With that being said, I need to do a little more research for new bay artists.
On the side-note, my girl listens to this weak %@%#* Roach Gigz. That guy sickens me and embodies the stereotypical bay area rapper characteristics that I despise. Same with goofy-*+! Mista Fab.

I'm from the bay, but I barely listen to any bay area artists other than a few (The Jacka, The Team, some e40, J. Stalin, etc.). But I think after we get a little more diversity in the rap game, we'll be fine. With that being said, I need to do a little more research for new bay artists.
On the side-note, my girl listens to this weak %@%#* Roach Gigz. That guy sickens me and embodies the stereotypical bay area rapper characteristics that I despise. Same with goofy-*+! Mista Fab.

its slow out here right now, but sure aint dead.

do people really think hyphy is really still crackin out here??

why is that even bein brought up anymore haha. its done and over with, and has been for years..

ima keep it short and post these three videos... if you aint feelin not one of these then you must already have it set in your mind that you will never like anything from around here just cause its from the Bay . 

its slow out here right now, but sure aint dead.

do people really think hyphy is really still crackin out here??

why is that even bein brought up anymore haha. its done and over with, and has been for years..

ima keep it short and post these three videos... if you aint feelin not one of these then you must already have it set in your mind that you will never like anything from around here just cause its from the Bay . 

Back
Top Bottom