Dominique Wilkins Dunks Vol. SUCKED

jedimaster23

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks all his dunks were horrible? He had no style, all he did was that same 360 or that same windmill, he either did it with 1 hand or 2 over and over again.
I dont think he deserved any of the contest he won in, Terrence Stansbury was robbed by nique like 3 times.

Im just saying,lol
smokin.gif

They were good in game but 4 a contest c'mon son, get outta here with the same crap every year.lol

He been in 5 contest or more and he never once caught a alley opp or glided or ANYTHING, just those same 2 dunks.

I think he double pumped once.

He definitely overused those windmills and 360's, but I dunno about sucked and all that. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

What else would you have liked to see him do?

Lets see????

Catch a alley, throw a alley, jump over someone, glide, a combination of something, not the same dunks all the time.

You have to look at dunks in the context of the year in which they took place. Every year athletes are getting stronger and more explosive and athletic, so you can't compare what someone was doing in 1980 to what someone does today. It'd be like comparing a 1980 car to one from today.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

You have to look at dunks in the context of the year in which they took place. Every year athletes are getting stronger and more explosive and athletic, so you can't compare what someone was doing in 1980 to what someone does today. It'd be like comparing a 1980 car to one from today.

I wasn't comparing it to today's contest, I was comparing his dunks to his competitions dunks, who's were clearly much better that his.

And im 21, im not a child, I been balling and and a bball fan all my life.

I strongly disagree.

He was definitely the least creative year in, year out. What made his dunks special was the height of his jump and the unparalleled power.

Dudes dunks are timeless IMO.

Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

indifferent.gif

kids these days...
smh.gif

For real.  Dominique and Kemp had power in their dunks.  I rather them than putting a superman cape and a birthday cake dunk... SMH

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if anything nique shouldve won in '88 thanks to the homecooking  
No he shouldn't have,  I am not surprised that you said that though. 

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

if anything nique shouldve won in '88 thanks to the homecooking  
No he shouldn't have,  I am not surprised that you said that though. 

im not surprised you disagreed
grin.gif

He was good in game, but sucked in contest.

Shawn Kemp was Flawless to be 6'10.

Nique was GARBAGE IN CONTEST.

He's like lebron, thats why u will never see lebron in a NBA dunk contest. Lebron did dunks in the MCd's HS dunk contest that I was doin in game in the 9th grade.

I guess when u never touched the rim your amazed by anything,smfh

the guy was incredible for his time and no one could challenge him in his dunkstyle during that time....why would he switch it up?

Originally Posted by JediMaster23

He's like lebron, thats why u will never see lebron in a NBA dunk contest. Lebron did dunks in the MCd's HS dunk contest that I was doin in game in the 9th grade.

I guess when u never touched the rim your amazed by anything,smfh
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JediMaster23

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

I wasn't comparing it to today's contest, I was comparing his dunks to his competitions dunks, who's were clearly much better that his.

And im 21, im not a child, I been balling and and a bball fan all my life.
That makes you born when? - You weren't even able to talk when The HHR was relevant. You brought up your age like that's going to establish credibility. Let's say you were a prodigy and 'understood' basketball when you were 7 or 8 - you barely caught the end of MJ's ring years. 

Back
Top Bottom